How to recover erased stock browser on prestigio 5044?

Search This thread

Puritanicall

Oct 15, 2013
Krusevac
I tried to install aosp browser which is only supported for nexus devices, And now i ended up without my stock browser, bcs installing of aosp required to unninstall my old browser first. And yes it seems im an idiot... I tried to update firmware, to reinstall stock browser, but it fails bcs of browser.apk missing. Also tried to download browser apk from xda (blackhand's one i think) set up permissions and owner tru' the root Explorer, but firstly browser crashed with "unfortunatelly browser has stopped" error, but now it wont install at all, bcs i get parsing error everytime i try to install browser apk. I hope somobody smarter than me, can help me with this.

Sent from my PAP5044DUO using xda app-developers app

Puritanicall

Oct 15, 2013
Krusevac
SOLVED.After hours and hours searching the internet i finally found and downloaded original stock rom, in dedex format, and then extracted browser.apk from it. After that i put broswser.apk into sys folder of phone(via Root explorer) and set appropriate permissions , so that they look alike other's app's permissions (rw-r-r in this case), then i rebooted my phone and Voila everything was fine, my old stock browser was back <3. I just needed to dload and install ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter_blackhand1001.apk from this thread tnx to blackhand1001, so i could sync my boomarks from PC Chrome to stock browser on my phone.

boriss30

Apr 26, 2012
Can u help me? I rooted my pap 5044, and deleted stock apps, but now that update came, i cant apply i cant install it. With 1.0.42 update, it also updates stock apps which i deleted. What can i do, how can i get those deleted aps?