[SOURCE] [UNOFFICIAL] CM7 for Infuse (Updated: 2011-09-29)

Search This thread

hoofadoo

Aug 8, 2010
RI
Anyone who has built this, please feel free to share. You wont get in trouble, you wont get arrested, and you wont get beat up, I gotcha back, PLUS it's OPEN SOURCE.

Unless you arent confident in your building skills, then feel free to keep, but practice!

I have donated more then enough to the Infuse community so sorry i wish not to pay for a CM7 build...

Cool story bro... But seriously, what?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA App

Aussti

Jun 5, 2011
Buda
You sir, deserve more than just 50 thanks. You are amazing and i cant wait for bluetooth so that I can use a wii remote and ps3 controller for emulators!

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
Anyone who has built this, please feel free to share. You wont get in trouble, you wont get arrested, and you wont get beat up, I gotcha back, PLUS it's OPEN SOURCE.

Unless you arent confident in your building skills, then feel free to keep, but practice!

I have donated more then enough to the Infuse community so sorry i wish not to pay for a CM7 build...

Exactly, it's open source. So go build it. It's there for the taking.

Reactions: drowningchild

Blario

Jun 27, 2007
I'm thinking all ROMs should be source code only from now on. DEF keeps the noise level down. Keeping track of the Infused thread is a nightmare.

Reactions: Entropy512

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

No one said anything about paying... However plenty was said about not wanting to deal with people who aren't likely to provide good, useful testing feedback and can't be bothered to read threads or even first posts.

Ddot196

May 7, 2011
Sounds really confusing but I love tinkering so I would like to go for it. Sadly I only own a Mac at the moment so I'm not sure if it would work. :-(

Infuse, infused...running gingerbread

Ddot196

May 7, 2011
Alright cool. Thanks Linux and Brandon. I'll see what I can do tomorrow when my girl is working and I actually have time hehe. I'll hit ya up Brandon if I need help. Thanks.

Infuse, infused...running gingerbread

onodontbescurred

Dec 29, 2009
Chesterfield, Va
Ughhhh... I just set up an ubuntu partition on my windows box so I could compile this and cant figure out anything... I think I need a Linux for dummies book or something. I hate windows but I am lost in ubuntu. Oh well I guess I have to be patient and wait for this to be finalized. Thanks for all your hard work.

SS2006

Aug 23, 2008
London, Ontario
cant compile this :(i only have windows
if its been done, can anyone post the ifnished product that can be flashed via CWM ,? or not possible?

thanks for this!

Last edited:

SS2006

Aug 23, 2008
London, Ontario
Wanted to add that if the only thing not working is bluetooth, and HDMI out (not REALLY important) this is actualy a good build.
And is worth having a flashable zip for ppl to test. The rom on the S2 forum is available and its not any better then what I've seen here (working list)
and on the Atrix, its out too and its BARELY working there!

Either way Ive been testing and using CM since the nexus one, and i cant wait for it here. I just cant build it myself wiht my current machine unfortunately

Last edited:

P1 Wookie

Jun 10, 2011
South Carolina
Wanted to add that if the only thing not working is bluetooth, and HDMI out (not raelly important) this is actualy a good build.
And is worth having a flashable zip for ppl to test. The rom on the S2 forum is available and its not any better then what I've seen here (working list)
and on the Atrix, its out too and its BARELY working there!

Either way Ive been testing and using CM since the nexus one, and i cant wait for it here. I just cant build it myself wiht my current machine unfortunately

Actually probably the main existing problem is no incoming call ringing. And lb said himself he would just rather wait because as has been seen with the infused rom thread, people just do not read. Can almost guarantee if they had a flashable version right now someone would complain that their phone doesn't ring when getting a call.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using XDA Premium App

SS2006

Aug 23, 2008
London, Ontario
I must say I appreciate the work put into this. It runs very nicely indeed.

Couldnt help but change it to 200 dpi (lcd density) it almost looks qHD like, and everything scales properly minus the dialer keypad (shrunken)

The only other thing I found kind of laggy/buggy was the rotary lock screen

Good job and keep it up!

Last edited:

LinuxBozo

Retired Recognized Developer
May 29, 2011
Salem, VA
P1 Wookie is right.. The ringtones thing is the killer bug for me at the moment. Without ringtones, I really don't consider this a fully functional phone. Yes, people can live without bluetooth (mostly), and it's true, we are at about the same point as the SGS2 (their BT doesn't work either), but at least their ringtones work. Once I get that working, and do the switchover to MTD, then I'll be in a better position to get this integrated with the SGS guys for nightlies.

Reactions: jdsemler

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
cant compile this :(i only have windows
if its been done, can anyone post the ifnished product that can be flashed via CWM ,? or not possible?

thanks for this!

i think there are a couple problems with that, not that someone cant simply build it and post it but this is not complete and making it source only keeps the newbs away thus keeping the thread from blowing up with redundant questions.

also, it is so easy to just install ubuntu or mint as a dual boot on a windows machine there is no excuse not to. ubuntu has a "wubi" installer and on mint it is renamed "mint4win" that installs the os from inside windows like an application and puts in on an ext4 loop device that doesnt require resizing of the ntfs partition, my understanding is that a loop device is a partition over another partition. you can still access your windows files under the "hosts" folder. you don't really have to know alot to build with it, just follow the instructions.

you can also setup a virtual machine with virtual box. it is a terrible waist of resources on one hand, on the other hand since the vm will have only one or two purposes you will be able to keep the build environment more organized and a vm will ensure no driver support problems with your system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some folks seem interested in how much progress is being made on a CM7 port for the Infuse, so here's a bit more information for everyone. I have included instructions on how to build your own version, but you will want to pay attention to the following list of what works and what doesn't.

Currently working:
    • Full EXT4 implementation using BML/STL not MTD. This means you can flash other ROMs without having to "unbrick". NOTE: This will be changing soon. We will switch to the standard way that CM7 on Samsung phones works, which is using MTD. This is so we can merge this into the SGS team and begin building nightlies.
    • CWM flashing (no rainbows in CWM)
    • GPS
    • Wifi
    • Accelerometer/Proximity and other sensors
    • Phone
    • SMS messaging
    • Camera, FFC, and flash
    • Haptic feedback and vibration
    • NO Rainbows using Froyo bootloaders.
    • Brightness control, including auto-brightness.
    • Wifi tethering
    • Hardware accelerated video playback and recording
    • Fixed issue with 4G speeds. Solved with some apns-conf.xml tweaks.
    • Incoming call ringtones.
    • Advanced camera settings, including face detection SEE:http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,7267
    • working backup/restore from CWM
    • OC/UV kernel with Interactive and Smartass governors and other tweaks.
    • USB storage fixed, including USB debug notification and USB tethering support (Thanks go to gtg465x)
    • Voodoo Sound now fixed after call. (thanks go to ajerman)
    • Bluetooth now back to semi-working state without breaking GPS. Will pair, A2DP audio skips, no sound/mic on phone calls via headsets.
    • NEW Fixed smartass governor so it scales properly, and has proper export defined in the kernel scheduler.

Currently broken:

Removed:
    • BLN (causing way too many instability and random reboot issues)

I have pretty much done this as a one man band, with some assistance from the GalaxyS guys, in particular codeworkx, Unhelpful and Kaik541.
    Want to help out? DONATE. This allows me to take the GF out to dinner so she isn't as pissy when I'm working on this stuff. ;-)

If you'd like to build your own copy, follow this guide:
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S:_Compile_CyanogenMod_(Linux)
    Pay attention, because this matters.
    • In the "Install the Repository" section, use this line to download the repo script:
      Code:
      curl https://raw.github.com/TeamRefuse/android/gingerbread/repo > ~/bin/repo
    • In the "Install the Repository" section, use this line for the repo init:
      Code:
      repo init -u git://github.com/TeamRefuse/android.git -b gingerbread
    • Skip the "Copy proprietary files" section. All proprietary files you need are included.
    • In the "Configure Build & Compile" step, replace "galaxysmtd" with "infuse4g"
    When you are done building, you should have your very own version of CM7 with all the bugs that I mention above.

Still have issues? Completely new to linux and the like? Check out this guide courtesy of Skwerl23

Flashing from RED CWM
    When flashing from RED CWM, there are a few extra steps needed to get this working:
    1. Flash CM7 zip
    2. Reboot. You will get stuck at Samsung screen. This is normal.
    3. Pull battery, and reboot into recovery (Hold: VOL+ VOL- Power)
    4. You should now be in ORANGE CWM.
    5. Go to "mounts and storage"
    6. select format /system
    7. Reflash CM7 zip (NOTE: don't forget gapps as well)
    8. Reboot into CM7 goodness
    2011-09-29
    • Fixed up smartass governor so it actually works instead of falling back to interactive, and scales properly.

2011-09-26

2011-09-22
    Ok, for those that want it, here it is:

update-cm-7.1.0-Infuse4G-KANG-090211.zip - Link removed to prevent issues... PM me if you've downloaded and need help, so as to not clutter this thread.

If anyone has a problem with me posting this, let me know and I'll remove it. It works 100% though. Built yesterday. :)

EDIT: For first time CM flashers coming from Samsung ROM's, MAKE SURE TO DELETE YOUR CACHE (normal and dalvik) AND DO A FACTORY RESET/DATA WIPE! Flashing from Green/Red CWM you may have to do a quick battery pull like the OP said in his installation instructions...
    Easy. Dont run quadrant. Its useless anyway.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App
    Fixed Voodoo Sound issue after calls. You can download the updated kernel here: http://www.multiupload.com/IEDSKJ82H4

I'll push the changes to github in the morning, but I gotta go home now!

EDIT: I've had a few weird reboots since I flashed this kernel, but I can't imagine any of the code changed is causing it since its such a small change and related only to the audio states. It may just be my phone, or the OC/UV I just set today, so let me know if anyone flashes it and has any issues.

EDIT2: The weird issues were caused by smartass. Changed back to conservative and everything's good again.