[THEME] AOSP ICS Theme for Sense 3.6

Search This thread

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Oh OK cool. Yeah Im still going to do the rest of the icons in the apps themselves but if camera is already done then great!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

speaking of the camera.. yea, only since flashing it doesn't work, just force closes. Worked fine minutes before I flashed.. so I'm pretty certain theming it screwed it up somehow.
Edit: not force closes, it gets to the point it would apply theme and simply disappears, other camera apps don't work either, THEY force close now when I try.

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
speaking of the camera.. yea, only since flashing it doesn't work, just force closes. Worked fine minutes before I flashed.. so I'm pretty certain theming it screwed it up somehow.
Edit: not force closes, it gets to the point it would apply theme and simply disappears, other camera apps don't work either, THEY force close now when I try.

You should fix permissions and clear dalvik-cache in recovery. Also recommend using 4EXT recovery because it actually fixes permissions while any of the CWM don't. Not too sure if TWRP does or not, haven't tried it.

Wait....I sent this with Tapatalk?

electronicrice

Apr 18, 2007
Chandler, AZ
Since all of the screenshots show a charging battery icon I didn't realize it wouldn't show battery percentage.. everything about this looks like the ics.zip used to do, only it had %.. any chance you'd be willing to add that in, or make that flashable separately? That was the main thing I was looking for outside aesthetics. I would just change it in your zip myself except I don't have the correct way to re-compile the apks..
I'll just re-download battery indicator until I get an answer.
Thanks in advance!

I'm attaching an add-on package here and to the OP. That will give you battery percents. That's the only change and it'll only work with this theme. You must flash it after you flash the main package

Edit - Took it down. It put it there but it's not reading the battery correctly. Hang tight

Edit 2 - It's back up. Attached here and the OP again

Last edited:

AndroidAutobot

Apr 5, 2009
Portland OR
I'm attaching an add-on package here and to the OP. That will give you battery percents. That's the only change and it'll only work with this theme. You must flash it after you flash the main package

Edit - Took it down. It put it there but it's not reading the battery correctly. Hang tight

Funny/perfect timing. I was playing around with the couple battery meters with percentage to get the percentage up there with your theme. One of them didn't work because the update file still included all of the unaltered images (thus overwriting all of your altered ones in the theme) and the other one is functional, but foesnt really match your theme well lol. Thanks man! =)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
No, the htc lockscreen is too deeply hooked into android that it won't work. This is just a theme for aesthetics only

So check this out, I installed trebuchet and then uninstalled HTC lockscreen, default lockscreen with titanium back up, rebooted and new I have the ICS lockscreen! So maybe that was the trick, seems the ICS lockscreen is included with trebuchet, you just need to get rid of the sense lockscreen.

Sent from the morgue.

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+

You my friend, are the man. I don't think I've ever hit the thanks button twice in the same day till now, but this package is the perfect final touch until some aosp/aokpish roms come out!
Oh, and in case you didn't notice, I am advertising this mod in my sig. That is how happy it makes me :)

EclipzeRemix

Oct 8, 2011
So check this out, I installed trebuchet and then uninstalled HTC lockscreen, default lockscreen with titanium back up, rebooted and new I have the ICS lockscreen! So maybe that was the trick, seems the ICS lockscreen is included with trebuchet, you just need to get rid of the sense lockscreen.

Sent from the morgue.

wrong, ICS lockscreen is included in ICS, its for backup when HTC's lockscreen doesnt work

electronicrice

Apr 18, 2007
Chandler, AZ

Sent from the morgue.

Let me know how that works out for you when you get a call ;)

G

glacierguy

Sent from the morgue.

Lol I always love this one... Sorry Misfit, but I couldn't resist quoting this one :D

Sent from my HTC Ruby running Sense 3.6

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Damn removing the HTC lockscreen is nice but no ID comes up unless you unlock it first....I wonder if I can pull something from a CM9 build.

ce1db6e9-3b89-a0ef.jpg

Last edited:

Opentang

May 27, 2010
Dallas, TX
Damn removing the HTC lockscreen is nice but no ID comes up unless you unlock it first....I wonder if I can pull something from a CM9 build.

ce1db6e9-3b89-a0ef.jpg

Which apk did you delete?

*Edit* I purged the lockscreen apk and all idealscreen apk's and achieved the desired result. Question, where does the native android lockscreen live within the phone's file layout?

Last edited:

mrgwap

Dec 19, 2010
Are u gonna make this compatible with android rev ics rom?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

Basically this theme is AOSP ICS (or at least as much as I can theme so far) for Sense 3.6.

The status icons (data, signal, alarm, sync, etc.) as well as the notification bar/tray and most of the Sense toggles and boxes have been themed to ICS blue. This is a combination of my work from combining elements from AOSP source and the modified Sense elements from shnizlon (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1470497).

Download Here for 2.14.531.3. Flash this package in recovery.

Download Here for 2.14.531.1. Flash this package in recovery.

I'll try to fix things I find and that are reported as I go along.

Changelog:

5/7/12 - fixed quick contact elements, fixed alarm clock color to ICS blue, fixed loading spinner to stock color

5/6/12 - updated to new ICS leak framework (this only works on new ICS leak 2.14.531.3), fixed status bar clock color, corrected theme inconsistencies with dialog boxes, fixed a few other icons and elements to ICS blue

4/27/12 - fixed quick contact menu, fixed airplane mode to AOSP, corrected toggle switch color, changed volume slider button, corrected volume bar color, fixed the quick boot menu again

4/26/12 - fixed gps icons to AOSP, corrected headphones icons, fixed reboot menu icons, fixed download/upload animations to blue, corrected sync icon, corrected a few more notification tray elements, added AOSP icons in separate flashable zip, added separate battery percents zip

4/25/12 - Initial release. Most status bar, notification tray and toggles have been themed

To Do:

haven't found anything yet

Add-Ons (these must be flashed AFTER the main theme is flashed)

Battery Percents

ICS App Icons - Thanks Superevilllama
    Since all of the screenshots show a charging battery icon I didn't realize it wouldn't show battery percentage.. everything about this looks like the ics.zip used to do, only it had %.. any chance you'd be willing to add that in, or make that flashable separately? That was the main thing I was looking for outside aesthetics. I would just change it in your zip myself except I don't have the correct way to re-compile the apks..
    I'll just re-download battery indicator until I get an answer.
    Thanks in advance!

The link is active again! Get to it
    The apk ones work well for me . The ones ive tried were the Elegancia ones .

Same here, all I have gotten so far is stuck at the boot animation.
    the links aren't working, or am i too late to get them :confused:

lol yeah like 2 years too late. I don't even have those files anymore. sorry!