[Q] Extended Battery - Without An Extended Battery Cover?

Search This thread

newfireorange

Jul 9, 2010
Detroit
Does anyone here remember when the Galaxy S II came out, it had a nice 1800 maH battery in it? The best thing about that battery, you could use it in your Epic 4G without changing your original battery cover. I have one in mine right now. The extra 300 maH actually gives me 12% more battery compared to the stock 1500 maH.

Anyways....

Is it possible to make a battery like this for the EVO LTE? Or do you think that was a once in a lifetime magical thing? As long as the battery has the correct connector on it, we should be able to pry our EVO LTE back panel off (and void warranty blah blah).

Give me some input.
I wouldn't mind spending $30 for a battery that gives 2500 maH and doesn't have to have a nasty bulging back piece to fit properly.

Cordy

Feb 2, 2008
Does anyone here remember when the Galaxy S II came out, it had a nice 1800 maH battery in it? The best thing about that battery, you could use it in your Epic 4G without changing your original battery cover. I have one in mine right now. The extra 300 maH actually gives me 12% more battery compared to the stock 1500 maH.

Anyways....

Is it possible to make a battery like this for the EVO LTE? Or do you think that was a once in a lifetime magical thing? As long as the battery has the correct connector on it, we should be able to pry our EVO LTE back panel off (and void warranty blah blah).

Give me some input.
I wouldn't mind spending $30 for a battery that gives 2500 maH and doesn't have to have a nasty bulging back piece to fit properly.
I'm assuming you do plan on purchasing this phone as you've created numerous threads on varying subjects. As a bit of advice, I would just consolidate as much of those threads as possible, because there will be people who will say something.

To answer your question, if you are truly buying this phone you may want to reconsider and/or do a little bit more research to see if it is the right phone for you. There is no removal battery. It is embedded into the phone itself so the usual buying a replacement battery won't work. Typically though a lot of phones by the same manufacturers used the same size battery so if one had a higher capacity you could just swap it and gain a little more power with the same size battery. There are even aftermarket batteries who claim they offer more mAH for the same size. There may be aftermarket solutions that require you to take apart the phone to replace the battery or hopefully we will get solutions like extended battery cases. Hope that answers your question.

shellguy

Sep 23, 2007
My point is that there is no way to remove the back u must go through the front as stated before and you would have to do a lot of work to get there, the LTE & One X are a lot alike. Same family.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2