[Q] Problems of all kinds!

Search This thread

sargeta

Dec 6, 2012
Hello y'all. I tried installling another ROM on my phone (was using Cyanogen 7 SDSL) but I think I messed up somewhere (bricked my phone).

So I followed the steps in the sticky (Flashing on KDZ with battery and SIM out). With this, I managed to boot the stock ROM, yet no logo and boot animation shows up.

When trying to flash something else with fastboot (tried different ones), it eithers give a "too many links" error, or gets stuck on waiting on device (happens when I use the AIO toolkit). Also sometimes KDZ pops up an error too, then says finished, or gets stuck while flashing.

Also worth of note, I can't even boot Recovery (I flash it successfully on fastboot, it just doesn't boot on phone).

I searched through the entire forum, googled my problems and tried EVERYTHING, yet I'm still stuck. Anyone care to help? Sorry if it's confusing.

TL;DR

-Tried flashing another ROM, bricked phone.
-Un-bricked it by following the sticky, boot stock 2.1 (tried alot of files; euro+fast, V20a, V20b, out.kdz, France20V...)
-When booting the phone, no logo/animation shows
-When flashing recovery, it doesn't work on phone.
-When flashing custom ROM through fastboot, it gives "too many links" error, then bricks phone.
-When flashing custom ROM through AIO toolkit, it freezes on "waiting for device"

P.S. I have all the drivers installed, I have tried with the "Android modem" devices enabled and disabled, I tried all modes on KDZ, I tried changing the USB ports (only 2 on the back of PC, tried both) and still no go.

Thanks in advance.

hani93

Oct 9, 2010
Tartu
Use aio toolkit cmd version, bcoz gui has lots of bugs right now.

Sent from my LG-GT540 using xda app-developers app

sargeta

Dec 6, 2012
Still no luck. No matter what I do, it either "bricks" the phone (only download mode works), or it gives the "too many links" error.

Sigh.

sargeta

Dec 6, 2012
Managed to flash CM6 2.2.1 Utopia (miroslav's I thinki). Any other ROM bricks the phone.

Also, no boot logo/animation at all. (Yes, as I said, tried flashing V20A/B and out.kdz numerous times).

hani93

Oct 9, 2010
Tartu
once you have fastboot , do not flash via kdz again !
also, try to flash different bootloader (appsbl) sizes (example 180mb)
then flash recovery , and then try rom's , that are recovery made (backups)