Best buy price match for note 2

Search This thread

goku14238

Nov 7, 2009
Southfield, MI
I went in to BestBuy mobile today and the guy at the store was like, yeah I can't sell you a phone that cheap, I'll lose money on it. Im going to try a BestBuy store wednesday and see if I can get this cheaper. Would be sweet so I can use that extra saved cashed to buy a nexus tablet.

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
I went in to BestBuy mobile today and the guy at the store was like, yeah I can't sell you a phone that cheap, I'll lose money on it. Im going to try a BestBuy store wednesday and see if I can get this cheaper. Would be sweet so I can use that extra saved cashed to buy a nexus tablet.

I got my first price match at a bb mobile. There are some real dumb employees out there. He doesn't lose any money, he gets paid hourly and no commission on sales so it doesn't hurt them one bit. He just wants to show he can say no. Oh well. Good luck at the best buy. Best way to show that employee that said no is to bring the receipt from bb and show him not everyone is uptight. Unless the bb store refuses it also due to holidays being over.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

revs9k01

Nov 30, 2007
Yep! I bought mines almost two weeks ago from the local Best Buy store and got the Note II price matched to Amazon Wirelsss at $240 and the SIII for my wife at $50.

Last week I saw that Amazon dropped the new customer price online to $149.99 so I went to the store to get my price match guarantee.

Now yesterday I saw that the SIII is now $0.01 for new customers and the Note II is $99.99. I went back to the store and got price matched again before my grace period ran out this Wed.

In the end, I got the Note II for $99.99 and my wife's SIII for $0.01, I am one happy camper!

If you got it recently, I would suggest you go back with a print out from the Amazon wireless webpage so you can get 50 bucks back with their price guarantee policy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011). It's the holidays so im guessing we can all use as much extra cash as possible.

http://wireless.amazon.com/Samsung-...=INDIVIDUAL_NEW&sr=1-3-entd&qid=1355851606068

Just want to throw in my previous experience from my post in December. This may be different now that we are not in the holiday season anymore but i hope it helps.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35602021#post35602021

ishsed

Oct 25, 2008
i went to best buy to get it price match and they was like. amazon has the note 2 on the website for backorder and cause of that they cant sell it to me. it has to say in stock

revs9k01

Nov 30, 2007
i went to best buy to get it price match and they was like. amazon has the note 2 on the website for backorder and cause of that they cant sell it to me. it has to say in stock

Complete BS......

I even printed the webpage and took it in that said backordered and they price matched me and also no where on their price match guarantee policy does it state that if an item is backordered in the previous store that they cannot perform the price match. If I were you and that was my only Best Buy option, I would print their policy online and take it with you while asking them to point out where it states what they are saying (ofcourse run thru it again to be certain).

EDIT!!!!

I apologize but it appears that they do have such a clause on their policy......

"What if the competitor does not have the item in stock or has limited quantities of the product?
Sometimes a retailer will advertise a product as having limited quantities in stock. If the item is out of stock or the competitor has advertised as limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for price matching. Likewise, if Best Buy has a product that is advertised as being limited in quantity it will not be eligible for price matching."

What a bunch of bull......

Sorry I couldn't be of more help....

Last edited:

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
What do you guys have to say when going into best buy with the printout? Can I take the my phone with amazon loaded and show it to best buy mobile?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Uchennadi

Nov 12, 2010
Seattle
I didn't even take a print out. I just walked in and asked if they price match amazon. The sales rep said yes, he looked up the price on Amazon, and I walked out with a new phone for the amazon price. He even told me to keep checking amazon to see if the price comes down any lower so I could come in and get the difference back. This is definitely the only way I'm getting phones from now on.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

TheNeck

Jun 6, 2011
my bestbuy when i told them about the price on amazon, they just looked it up on the sales persons smartphone, and then on the computer as well, they didnt even care it was backordered.

also i traded my evo 3d in which i did the buy back program and got a $210 gc to use to purchase my note 2. :D

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
OK thanks guys, I tried at a best buy and the lady said guess what? She said they don't price match from Amazon, I was like really and she said yes only from stores not websites. I had a walmart print out too and she said she had to see if they had em in stock before she sold me one, which they didn't. She was complicated....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Lyvewire

Dec 9, 2008
I tried this at with Best Buy online just now and was told they don't honor Amazon since its not a "physical" store so they cant honor it. My phone is on the way so when it comes I'll try it at a store instead. Maybe tell them I was I'm disappointed they don't really do what they say then bluff to return it. See if that works.

This is my 3rd Note 2. The first I bought from Sprint $341 with tax. Returned it to get it cheaper at Best Buy and accidental insurance. Skipped Amazon after I was told they can penalize you for switching phones for a different line. Now I ended up with this "Chameleon error", (after flashing a bad update or Rom), that I made go away with a fix but my 4GLTE seems to be acting weird. Not coming on in places I was getting it before. Didn't wanna chance it so they're sending me a new one now since I'm under 30 days still.

Seems like a lot of people had better luck though in this thread..

damnitdave

Nov 12, 2010
I took in a print out to BB and the guy just told me that he would have to look it up still on amazon's website.... he even called the manager and he looked at the website and said it looks legit... i guess its a hit or miss depending on the store that you goto... kinda sucks though i wanted a titanium version but looks like all the stores in the chicagoland area are not carrying them in stock anymore... nonetheless this phone is BEAST!

yankees45us

May 5, 2008
That's exactly what it is. It's hit or miss at bb and bb mobile. I'm lucky that both my bb mobile and bb matched it all 3 times. Ended up paying $99 for mine. It sucks that so many are doing different things when it comes to one policy.

Sent from my Amazing Galaxy Note 2!

lawnguy

Mar 15, 2009
OKC
Are you guy activating new lines to do this or upgrades?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

art90262

Aug 12, 2008
How did you get them to match upgrade as a new line? I went in today and they said they could only match new line price or upgrade price respectively.. for me it was 139 vs 249 so I passed for now btw it was a store not bb mobile

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts