Google nexus 5 network issue

Search This thread
Mar 16, 2013
OK, all of a sudden my nexus 5 has very low network now only one of two bars or tiny empty tringle many times. Tried switching sim cards with different carriers and even tried factory reset. I noticed that every time I turn on the data connection it stays on edge 3g doesn't work so from settings i forced 3g by selecting wcdma only mode and now there is no network in my phone since then. Please help is it a hardware issue do I need to take my phone service center ... BTW I am using airtel from India..

Thanks

Mar 16, 2013
What android version are you on? If you're not on 4.4.4 you could download the ota zip from the ota help thread in the general forum. That would get you the new radio

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Great thanks I am on 4.4.3 now downloading 4.4.4 ota now please could you please tell me that if I installed that ota manually then can there be any problem with radio as the update can be for a different region and when Google will roll out 4.4.4 for my region wont I get any update then please answer my dumb questions as I am a newbie

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Great thanks I am on 4.4.3 now downloading 4.4.4 ota now please could you please tell me that if I installed that ota manually then can there be any problem with radio as the update can be for a different region and when Google will roll out 4.4.4 for my region wont I get any update then please answer my dumb questions as I am a newbie

Flashing the update manually will update the radio automatically. There won't be any problem with future updates :)

Reactions: prateek.htc

Ken C

Mar 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
I saw on another thread where it was posted that the person had downgraded to the 4.4.1 radio and it fixed their issues. I've been on 4.4.2, 4.4.3 + 4.4.4 (which seemed to give me garbage speeds) went back to 4.2.2 but think I may just try 4.4.1 and see what I get.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Mar 16, 2013
I saw on another thread where it was posted that the person had downgraded to the 4.4.1 radio and it fixed their issues. I've been on 4.4.2, 4.4.3 + 4.4.4 (which seemed to give me garbage speeds) went back to 4.2.2 but think I may just try 4.4.1 and see what I get.

great but how can i go back to 4.4.3 or lower without unlocking the bootloader cause i installed OTA of 4.4.4 from adb and now i cant install 4.4.3 or lower OTA file from adb as it would throw me an error.:rolleyes::(

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
great but how can i go back to 4.4.3 or lower without unlocking the bootloader cause i installed OTA of 4.4.4 from adb and now i cant install 4.4.3 or lower OTA file from adb as it would throw me an error.:rolleyes::(

Unlocking, locking the bootloader and resetting the tamper flag is a 10 mins job. You won't loose warranty. If you want to try out different things, you will need to unlock the bootloader eventually. ;)

Ken C

Mar 5, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10

Had to quote myself [emoji6]
So, I tried the 4.4.1 radio and didn't really see much of a difference in speeds or signal strength. Of course I have to qualify that by stating that I'm running my nexus 5 on straight talk's byop program. Which may have something to do with it. I did call ST to see if maybe it was on their end. For me the complaint was that I didn't feel I was getting the signal strength or speeds from my lte connection. My 3g is fine though. So I bit the bullet and just this morning updated to 4.4.4 rom, radio, etc... I'm getting full bars inside my apartment on 3g which is nice.

As for unlocking your bootloader, if you really want the control to change whatever you want on the device you'll end up having to do it. If you want /need to go back to full stock for warranty issues it's really not that big of a deal to revert the changes. [emoji6]

Reactions: abhishekchhabra

myturbo1

Jan 28, 2012
Wichita
Mine has crap signal compared to my gf iPhone 5 . and I consistently lose data aswell. (Sprint) Very very annoying!

I'm sure its just a radio issue just like the N4 had.

Sent from my Nexus 5

drshaheedbams

Jun 17, 2014
Kottakal
Sir,
I'm using nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4 stock unlocked and rooted twrp on head.
My Network signal is dropping continously in every 10-15 minutes after the last Android 4.4.4 update....showing message "new Sim card detected please restart your phone to access the network" how to fix it tried Almost all methods reset device twice...twrp device wipe twice...what should I do? Is it a possible hardware issue or software issue that could be fixed by myself only.... I tried even changing my sim... Nothing worked need help very immediately... Please

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Unlocking, locking the bootloader and resetting the tamper flag is a 10 mins job. You won't loose warranty. If you want to try out different things, you will need to unlock the bootloader eventually. ;)

Flashing the update manually will update the radio automatically. There won't be any problem with future updates :)

Had to quote myself [emoji6]
    So, I tried the 4.4.1 radio and didn't really see much of a difference in speeds or signal strength. Of course I have to qualify that by stating that I'm running my nexus 5 on straight talk's byop program. Which may have something to do with it. I did call ST to see if maybe it was on their end. For me the complaint was that I didn't feel I was getting the signal strength or speeds from my lte connection. My 3g is fine though. So I bit the bullet and just this morning updated to 4.4.4 rom, radio, etc... I'm getting full bars inside my apartment on 3g which is nice.

As for unlocking your bootloader, if you really want the control to change whatever you want on the device you'll end up having to do it. If you want /need to go back to full stock for warranty issues it's really not that big of a deal to revert the changes. [emoji6]