[Q] Unable to re-unlock the bootloader

Search This thread

Ali Baba 84

Aug 8, 2013
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I have an Australian unbranded HTC one (for which no known RUU seem to be floating around). I'm S-on with Hboot 1.54. And was hoping to use the Rumrunner exploit to S-off

I've previously had the bootloader unlocked and relocked it again. However since I've taken an OTA I've been unable to unlock the bootloader again using the method on HTC dev.

The unlock_code.bin is pushed (although says 0kB) and it is checked successfully. However then nothing happens. No screen to ask if you want to unlock the bootloader.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions?
Cheers

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
What's the command you're typing in to unlock it? It should be:

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

Ali Baba 84

Aug 8, 2013
What's the command you're typing in to unlock it? It should be:

fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin

Yep thats the command I've used. As I said that command pushes the unlock_code.bin. The check is successful.

Its just that nothing happens after that. No do you want to continue unlocking the bootloader screen. The phone sits there in fastboot doing nothing....

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
You have to type it exactly as I posted it as it's case sensitive. Copy and paste the command and try again (make sure you've not changed the name of the token either)

Ali Baba 84

Aug 8, 2013
You have to type it exactly as I posted it as it's case sensitive. Copy and paste the command and try again (make sure you've not changed the name of the token either)

Yep I have copied and pasted. I have not renamed the .bin. I have also tried using Hasoon2000's all in one tool kit as well. As I said the unlock_bin is pushed. It passes the check but nothing happens after that.

Ali Baba 84

Aug 8, 2013
can you copy/paste the lines in the command prompt, so we can take a look at the details

c:\SDK\platform-tools>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.145s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) unlock token check successfully
OKAY [ 0.006s]
finished. total time: 0.154s

c:\SDK\platform-tools>

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
c:\SDK\platform-tools>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.145s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) unlock token check successfully
OKAY [ 0.006s]
finished. total time: 0.154s

c:\SDK\platform-tools>

Try doing a factory reset, and then try the unlock again.

You could also try what fadimanansala said about a different folder, it worked for this guy: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2491013

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Stock Sense
Stock recovery
HTC_039

:confused: that really doesn't make any sense why it's not working.

I'm pretty sure you are, but are you sure you're copy/pasting the entire identifier code including the top and bottom line (the ones that start and end with <<<<< and >>>>>)

Also check SETTINGS->POWER->Fast boot should be disabled
and SETTINGS->DEVELOPER OPTIONS->USB Debugging should be enabled.

I would try (yet again) factory reset, get identifier, submit to HTCdev for Unlock code, and finally try it.

If that doesn't work, I really don't know what could be causing it.

EDIT: just out of curiosity, have you tried "fastboot oem unlock"

nkk71

May 26, 2010
Beirut
Stock Sense
Stock recovery
HTC_039

One last thing I thought about, if the above doesn't work is try locking it again; maybe it's stuck somewhere half way in between. maybe locking it again "fastboot oem lock" and then trying again could release whatever is hanging.

Good luck

Reactions: radkibbles

Ali Baba 84

Aug 8, 2013
One last thing I thought about, if the above doesn't work is try locking it again; maybe it's stuck somewhere half way in between. maybe locking it again "fastboot oem lock" and then trying again could release whatever is hanging.

Good luck

Gave those both a try.

I got a command error when running fastboot oem unlock, and I got a message saying device is already locked when running fastboot oem lock.

Any other ideas, its a bit of a mystery to me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Sense
    Stock recovery
    HTC_039

Good luck
    USB Debugging has no effect in fastboot as it's to do with ADB
    if you get any response from then kindly let us know how it goes?

sure. Will do
    how do you open ticket for help on htc dev please?

Go to this page and fill in the form: http://www.htcdev.com/contact

you'll then receive an email from contact_us@htc.com and will be asked to provide information about the following questions:
    * Type of Computer (PC or MAC):
    * OS Version on Computer:
    * Browser Type and Version:
    * Serial Number of Device:
    * Hboot version on device (Found on the HBoot screen):
    * Software Number on Device:
    * Email used to register on HTCDev.com:

Then they'll ask you your availabilities with phone number so they can escalate the problem. That whole email exchange took a week to do so I would highly suggest you provide all the answers for the questions above + availabilities in the form you're going to fill in. That will save you a week or so.
    This is how contact_us@htc.com replied me. This is after filling out the form on htcdev.com.

" Thank you for contacting HTC regarding your HTC One.

My name is Helena and I am a Technical Support Agent for the HTC Written Team.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your HTC device.

Unfortunately we don't support bootloader unlock, as perfoming this will break the warranty. You might want to visit http://www.htcdev.com/ for support.

Should you require additional support please reply using the link below and confirm the following details.

Full Name:
    Address:
    Contact Numbers:
    IMEI (Found by dialling *#06# from your keypad or in the back of your phone):"

These dudes are funny.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hahaha. What a bunch of yo-yo's. When/if they call me I'll take notes of every single steps and will put them on this thread...

Can't believe they told you they don't support unlocking bootloader and that it will void the warranty, especially since they offer it on the htcdev website.