HTC boot recovery mode help

Search This thread

eazyemk91

Apr 26, 2010
htc hero - SPRINT model

I've succesfully "one-click" rooted my phone. (i followed unlockr)
I succesfully dropped the fresh 1.1 "update.zip" file onto my SD card.
I then booted to "Fastboot mode" using the "down-volume + power" method.
I proceed to click "home" for recovery mode.
My phone hits a hiccup and gets stuck at a black screen with the text "htc" logo in the middle of the screen. It does not proceed to screen to allow me to run "update.zip" to flash the new fresh1.1

Last edited:

eazyemk91

Apr 26, 2010
Well, watching this video (Cant post)youtube.com/watch?v=hdmkTFAG3PM
at time = 4:08 is the exact part where my screen is locked at.
Its not bricked or anything. I can still boot and it runs the original OS (android 1.5)

Last edited:

lineman78

Apr 26, 2010
Denver, CO
I just followed your steps and mine sat on the black screen for a few seconds, but then works fine. You did answer a question I had about how to get to RA though, so thanks for that. Did you boot once before trying to go to recovery mode. I know the fresh site says it can take up to 5 min for the first boot.

RA - 1.5.2
Fresh - 2.0d

eazyemk91

Apr 26, 2010
I waited for approx 4-5 min. Still, it hung at that htc logo screen.
I exactly followed the steps. After I had flashed the recovery image, I immediately proceeded to power down the phone. Then, I pressed downvolume+home, and entered into HBOOT mode. I pressed home for recovery. Still, no luck. I followed these steps exactly, downloaded the exact files, placed exactly on sdcard. Still hangs out that logo screen and does not proceed to the recovery screen.

Last edited:

eazyemk91

Apr 26, 2010
Before I run the recovery, should I press HOME+POWER and completely wipe/reset my phone? Then I have to take out battery, Press DOWNVOLUME+POWER and enter into recovery mode? (In the instructional video, this is NOT DONE.)

Last edited:

kamakazman

Apr 24, 2010
help with flashing from rooted 2.1 back to 1.6

i am running the rooted 2.1 desire rom on my eris and need to flash back to 1.6 using amon ra eris recovery... i am a total newb and need help as i did not root my phone i bought it like that. pleae help.

lineman78

Apr 26, 2010
Denver, CO
I did HOME+POWER after flashing the recovery Image (which should take you to the RA recovery. After you whipe and flash your ROM if you do this it will show the HTC screen that just whipes data and you have to follow the method you listed in your post.

These are the exact steps I followed:
1) Use flashRec to back up and flash the recovery image (RA-1.5.2)
2) Reboot HOME+POWER
3) Whipe > Whipe data/factory reset
4) Flash ZIP from sdcard > Select the ROM you want to flash (Fresh 2.0d)
5) Reboot system now (this can take up to 5 min)
6) To flash patch like vanilla lock screen patch boot with VOL DWN+POWER then press HOME to get back to RA.

A few of the above steps within RA require you to press HOME to confirm the action.