Magnetic POGO Cable

Search This thread

Maxey

Jan 21, 2009
AW: Magnetic POGO Cable

I ordered from Amazon UK and the tracking has been stuck at "processed at national hub" for a week now.

Not sure what's taking so long to "process" :-\

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Phew well same for me with a qi pad I bought from Hongkong.. Is stuck in "processing for delivery to addressee" since last Friday. Maybe the Airmail staff participated in Chinese New Years ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

blancocar

Dec 25, 2011
I ordered from their website on Jan 21. Ems tracking info has not changed since Jan 24. Their web page said 7-14 days was typical. It is annoying. What a joke...

Maxey

Jan 21, 2009

Well I hope mine doesn't take a month to bridge the English Channel.. I didn't get any tracking number though so there's a constant anticipation when walking to the mailbox in the afternoon :D

orellius

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary
I ordered mine Jan 19 and it came Feb 4-8, not sure what day it actually arrived because I was out of town that week.

I don't pay attention or monitor line graphs about my charging time. It's just worth it to me to have the strain/stress taken off the USB port, and if it gets tripped over, the Nexus might not take the fall.

ryan stewart

Jan 4, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I love mine, its my primary charging source. For the same reasons as stated, saves wear on the USB port and reduces the risk of the tablet getting yanked off the table if the cord is kicked.

Im really, really hoping for a dock. If one doesnt show up soon I might have to part money for a second one in order to travel with.

Eatonitis

Dec 9, 2012
Derby
So it took 2 days to arrive? Mine is now more than a week in the making.

I was very surprised myself, particularly after the despatch email quoted 16th Feb as the expected delivery date, guess I've been lucky but I'm well pleased with the product. It's definitely charging around 20% faster and obviously more convenient.

Hope yours turns up ASAP :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Maxey

Maxey

Jan 21, 2009

I was very surprised myself, particularly after the despatch email quoted 16th Feb as the expected delivery date, guess I've been lucky but I'm well pleased with the product. It's definitely charging around 20% faster and obviously more convenient.

Hope yours turns up ASAP :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Hope so as well... But good to hear the product is a winner at least ;)

duosly

Nov 28, 2010
It took about 2 weeks to get my cable when I ordered it. I've had it for over a week now and I love it. The magnets are strong and it requires a bit a of force to remove the cable but not so much that it risk pulling the tablet off a table if the cable get kicked.

Maxey

Jan 21, 2009

Received it. Having the smell of a store for gardening supplies but much better than the smell that came with my case made of artificial leather :thumbup:

Izeltokatl

I bought one from Amazon and got it in a few days. Looks to be high quality, smell was not notable. Charging is about the same as the original as long as I use it with the original power supply. If I use the pogo cable with an after market power supply, it basically doesn't work at all.

Link?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

dboftlp

Jan 5, 2010
Boston
twitter.com
I ordered this on Amazon (US) last night, shipped today, due in end of next week beginning of the one after! I'll be glad to not be plugging in my musb in the dark at my bedside ever again. Not too worried about the charge times, I get pretty good screen on time as it is (coming from Stingray).

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

mrlow999

Feb 14, 2013
Working great and fast delivery

Sorry to rub it in to all you guys that ordered a month ago. Ordered Monday got it it last night.
Works great and seems to be quicker than the USB. I'll know better tonight. I'm running it down below 10% and see how quick it comes up.

lKBZl

Mar 23, 2012
Barcelona
Sorry to rub it in to all you guys that ordered a month ago. Ordered Monday got it it last night.
Works great and seems to be quicker than the USB. I'll know better tonight. I'm running it down below 10% and see how quick it comes up.

Back in stock on Amazon. Just ordered one and should receive in 3 to 5 business days.

... beamed from my Nexus 10 to your planet
You won't regret, in less than 2h, with the screen off (but n10 on, not powered off) it charged 61% :laugh: Awesome cable, and magnets are great in case you got kids.

Reactions: mrlow999

mrlow999

Feb 14, 2013
A quick note about the smell and first full charge

After reading the many posts in this thread' I've seen a number if people complain about the smell. While a bit off-putting, it goes away pretty quickly.
It kinda smells like it was packed with dried fish and kimchee. Really. Not surprising as it comes from Korea.

I ran my 10 down to less than 10% last night and pogo'ed. Battery monitor widget showed a rate of 1915mA at around 11:30 pm last night. Checking the history now it was fully charged by 4am with no usage. I'm going to do the same time tonight with the USB and see if it's any faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: lKBZl

mrlow999

Feb 14, 2013
And no w with the micro USB

After reading the many posts in this thread' I've seen a number if people complain about the smell. While a bit off-putting, it goes away pretty quickly.
It kinda smells like it was packed with dried fish and kimchee. Really. Not surprising as it comes from Korea.

I ran my 10 down to less than 10% last night and pogo'ed. Battery monitor widget showed a rate of 1915mA at around 11:30 pm last night. Checking the history now it was fully charged by 4am with no usage. I'm going to do the same time tonight with the USB and see if it's any faster.

Very unscientific, I know, but here goes.
Plugged in last night at approximately the same time and battery level (11% and 11:30pm). Max charge was at 1550mA and the device was fully charged by 5:40am, over an hour longer.
An hour faster is pretty good to be sure, but not a huge improvement. I'd say the main benefit is being able to use the device as you charge. When I plugged in last night I was still discharging on USB before I put it to sleep, whereas with the pogo it began to charge slowly.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonstrong

dboftlp

Jan 5, 2010
Boston
twitter.com
I ordered this on Amazon (US) last night, shipped today, due in end of next week beginning of the one after! I'll be glad to not be plugging in my musb in the dark at my bedside ever again. Not too worried about the charge times, I get pretty good screen on time as it is (coming from Stingray).

no stink in this shipment of cables, so far so good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So are there any places currently selling these?

Not sure I got this from the eBay seller in South Korea that had his ad taken down.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

You got it really fast !

Where are you located?

How fast is the chargeing

Thanks!!!,

Yeah I was surprised too! the seller had an option for express shipping when I paid for $10 more, I didn't have a problem spending a few bucks more.

I haven't used it enough yet to notice any faster charging, it went from 70% to 98% in a little less than 2 hours.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Let's see if the pictures will work yet............

ResizeofIMG_0100_zps487a912b.jpg

ResizeofIMG_0103_zps5ccac530.jpg
    I searched high and low and finally found an adapter that puts out 2.1A on each of two outlets - concurrently. Excellent quality. Same spec on each channel as oem charger on its single outlet. Great fit and finish too. Can support two high demand devices at once.

I've been using it with the Pogo cable, and it is perfect. Link:

Ventev r2200 AC Travel Charger, Dual 2A USB Port 110-220v With MicroUSB Cable
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSC7FW0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    It's here!

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my Pogo Cable today!

It is in my opinion extremely high quality build. I have so far used it with my wall charger and my car charger and it works fantastic.

If I didn't know better I'd say was an OEM from Samsung or Google.

I know I know post pictures..........

OK I'll get some made and post them very soon.

Clutch
    Just out of interest, has anyone actually measured what current the nexus actually draws from the charger?

I've just spliced in my ammeter and with the battery showing 45% its currently drawing 0.59A and this is with the stock charger and whilst typing this. If I put the nexus into standby then it drops to 0.50A

I'll do some further testing this week charging from 0-100% this week and let you know what I find.

Btw this is using the USB port.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2