CPU and I/O Scheduler

Search This thread

kur1oso

Mar 7, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Hello, i have the ROM ARHD Google Edition 4.4.2 with tbalden kernel (stable edition)

So I wanna ask before doing wrong things. I have installed CPU Master and I want to know what scaling must I use, now I have ondemand with deadline as I/O Scheduler.

Did I made it good? I have no profiles selected and won't. I wanna make my battery lives longer because I prefer battery instead performance. Not radical, but for me battery > performance.

Then, final question, I don't know what are for this things at I/O schedule: sampling rate, up threshold, ignore nice load and powersave bias. I have set deadline and:

Sampling rate: 50000
Up threshold: 90
Ignore nice load: 0
Powersave bias: 0

What should I do?

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
First of all, how long have you been using Android 4.4? This version has huge battery improvements over any previous version. It's possible that no tweaking is necessary. Secondly, do you regularly disable gps and disable/enable Wi-Fi? The rule is that Wi-Fi saves battery during non-trivial data transfers (because 3g/4g hog power), but will cost battery if you leave it on all the time (because Location Services will likely be polling b frequently). How about turning Bluetooth on only when needed?
Lastly, have you determined which apps are battery hogs and uninstalled or greenified them?
How about putting screen brightness just a little bit lower than you might like? And closing background apps if you aren't gonna use them soon? (By sweeping them out of the multitasking screen.)
These tweaks will yield much more battery improvements than scheduler changes.

Reactions: kur1oso

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hello, i have the ROM ARHD Google Edition 4.4.2 with tbalden kernel (stable edition)

So I wanna ask before doing wrong things. I have installed CPU Master and I want to know what scaling must I use, now I have ondemand with deadline as I/O Scheduler.

Did I made it good? I have no profiles selected and won't. I wanna make my battery lives longer because I prefer battery instead performance. Not radical, but for me battery > performance.

Then, final question, I don't know what are for this things at I/O schedule: sampling rate, up threshold, ignore nice load and powersave bias. I have set deadline and:

What should I do?

First of all, how long have you been using Android 4.4? This version has huge battery improvements over any previous version. It's possible that no tweaking is necessary. Secondly, do you regularly disable gps and disable/enable Wi-Fi? The rule is that Wi-Fi saves battery during non-trivial data transfers (because 3g/4g hog power), but will cost battery if you leave it on all the time (because Location Services will likely be polling b frequently). How about turning Bluetooth on only when needed?
Lastly, have you determined which apps are battery hogs and uninstalled or greenified them?
How about putting screen brightness just a little bit lower than you might like? And closing background apps if you aren't gonna use them soon? (By sweeping them out of the multitasking screen.)

Just to add you can also use Tasker to create Power friendly profile i.e:

when screen is off,

launch that profile:

turn wifi off, turn mobile data off unless X app is running (i.e maps), turn cpu 1,2,3 off but keep cpu 0 running at X MHz and X voltage, set cpu governor to powersave. Create a loop to turn on wifi or mobile data once every X minutes and launch Synker to sync your phone (e-mail, facebook etc etc...) then turn back wifi/data off. Turn gps location off unless X app is running (ie maps). Turn off bluetooth unless X device is connected or X app is running. Use only X network type when screen is off

when screen is turned back on

lauch that profile:

resotre cpu setting (governor ondemand, X voltage) Turn back on wifi/data, stop the ''sync loop'' etc etc...

that kind of thing will make you save a lot of battery before having to play with schedulers imo.

Reactions: kur1oso

kur1oso

Mar 7, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

when screen is off,

launch that profile:

lauch that profile:

that kind of thing will make you save a lot of battery before having to play with schedulers imo.

Yes to all: i never have gps ON until i need to use it (that 1 day per week) i never ever use bluetooth so always off, data always on 2g, sometimes 3g but never lte. Wifi only ON when i'm home. Of couhaveI have instGreenifyeeniloveIalwatsascreensbrightnesshisealwaysasetytosetbut 0 but when in street I set 100%.

But i dont know how to set that profiles you told me, setting cpu 1,2,3 to off when screen off, etc.. how to?

Dont you recommend cpu master?

Last edited:

kur1oso

Mar 7, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Also, I wanna show you a picture of how I spend my battery life, it's from today:

FdilORnl.png

Today my data has been always set to 2g except, perhaps, 15minutes to 3g only.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What should I do?

when screen is off,

launch that profile:

turn wifi off, turn mobile data off unless X app is running (i.e maps), turn cpu 1,2,3 off but keep cpu 0 running at X MHz and X voltage, set cpu governor to powersave. Create a loop to turn on wifi or mobile data once every X minutes and launch Synker to sync your phone (e-mail, facebook etc etc...) then turn back wifi/data off. Turn gps location off unless X app is running (ie maps). Turn off bluetooth unless X device is connected or X app is running. Use only X network type when screen is off

lauch that profile:

resotre cpu setting (governor ondemand, X voltage) Turn back on wifi/data, stop the ''sync loop'' etc etc...