Charging question.

Search This thread

jfed

Sep 19, 2012
I bought the nexus 10 a few weeks ago. I know it takes a long time to charge. I noticed when charging my galaxy note 2 with 0 lemon battery it is a 9300 mah, when I plugged it into the Samsung charger it charges 20% in 30 minutes so why doesn't the Nexus 10 charge like that when I use my samsung charger and it has a slightly smaller battery. I love the table I just hate the charging time. I did order pogo cable so I am waiting on that.

Joe

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
Buying the pogo plug was your best and only option to address this issue. No one knows why Google switched from releasing the N10 with a pogo charging cable, at the last minute, which I read a long time ago. I suspect it had something to do with the Android kernel not being able to charge through the pogo connector at the same time as the micro USB connector is being used. It may also be that other Android tablet manufactures resisted this new connection type. To this day the audio/video capabilities of the the pogo connector goes untapped by even custom ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

jfed

Sep 19, 2012
Buying the pogo plug was your best and only option to address this issue. No one knows why Google switched from releasing the N10 with a pogo charging cable, at the last minute, which I read a long time ago. I suspect it had something to do with the Android kernel not being able to charge through the pogo connector at the same time as the micro USB connector is being used. It may also be that other Android tablet manufactures resisted this new connection type. To this day the audio/video capabilities of the the pogo connector goes untapped by even custom ROMs.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

I don't understand why Google makes a great product but does not have the forsight to address issues that the engineers know of at the time of a tablet release. The pogo charger and a kernel that would let the tablet charge faster would be a huge for them to keep the nexus 10 going longer into production. I don't mind that the tablet only gets 6-7 hours screen time with surfing the web or watching movies and about 10 hours with the cpu throttle back dimmer to 50 percent and wifi off when reading a book. I just hate the charging time, it should just charge faster lol. My Samsung galaxy note 2 charges faster with a bigger battery and that kills me lol it does not make sense.

Thanks for the reply.

Joe