[ROM][NIGHTLY][GWK74/2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 Nightly Builds

Search This thread

arco68

Recognized Developer
Oct 11, 2010

Ok, figured it made sense to start a new thread, so I'm able to update thread title and other stuff in OP.
This is where to discuss nightly builds of CyanogenMod 7.

Download link for XDA app users

Download Google Apps

Changelog for buzz
Changelog for nigtlies

Some useful info:
How to obtain a system log

If you have any issues with GPS, 3G or any other network issues, try flashing the following radio firmware. NB, it's not possible to flash this zip from ClockworkMod 3, so if you have this version installed, use ROM Manager to flash it instead.

Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10.zip

Issues with Google Maps (blurry fonts, slow scrolling)? Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15218646&postcount=4

Here's the kernels used in the rom, in case someone needs to flash them manually. The 2.6.35 one is the standard included in the rom now, and the 2.6.32 is the one previously used. I'm attaching it here though, in case someone like to use it. They can be flashed in recovery.

View attachment buzz-kernel-2.6.32.zip (Updated 18.06.2011)
View attachment buzz-kernel-2.6.35.zip (Updated 07.09.2011)

Last edited:

zexcrazy

Dec 2, 2010
Zrenjanin
Yeah, it s a good idea. You can also atach kernels and wifi fix to avoid countless questions - Where is this?

-Howard-

Dec 27, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Finally a new nightly thread :D are we being bumped to RC4 when there are a few fixes that have been submitted haven't been merged :/ oh well at least were advancing. only problems i have had in the latest nightlies is a few extra force closes with adw but thats no biggie i always end up back to Launcher pro :)

Reactions: AyYusa

ktavip23

Oct 18, 2010
bucharest
can't get the 3g to work...i'm stuck on edge or somthin'...is it the rom ? i instaled the kernel_wifi...and it's the same...Should i do a full wipe before i reflash RC4?
Thanks

Last edited:

bluedragon1982

Jun 20, 2006
Detmold
Changelog for buzz

Attached is an updated flashable zip, containing kernel and wifi firmware, which should fix most problems people have had with signal loss, 3G reboots and wifi related issues. This can be flashed on top of any nightlies after #20, and also on RC4. When it has been included in newer build as standard, it will be obsoleted.

I can confirm no issues on rc4 with this kernel ;) great work - i didnt tried usb storage cuz i have my usb cable at home.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Oct 28, 2010
Vienna
Just flashed RC4 + kernel_wifi.zip
No connection lost, working wifi, working wifi tether but still get reboot wenn enabled 3g + data :(

Any hints?

Coming from pre #20 nightly

johi69

Jul 8, 2009
Mannheim
flashed RC4 without kernel_wifi.zip and everything seems to work fine. :)

3g -> working
wifi -> working
GPS -> working

No LP fc after reboot as in RC3.
Will play around for a while and report later if any issues noticed.

Edit: usb-tethering -> working wifi-hotspot -> working

RC4 seems feckin perfect!

Last edited:

johi69

Jul 8, 2009
Mannheim
I wonder if it is possible to integrate the HTC Calendar app in the ROM.
It's the only HTC app I really like and far the best calendar app - at least for me.

ramdroid77

May 7, 2009
Thanks CM for RC 4, so far seems to be great again. Flashed the kernel zip on top just to be sure. So far no issues, though I'll keep an eye on the camera sound issue which I had before.

DjoeN

Aug 10, 2010
Planet Earth
unfortunately 'cause other calendar apps are crap for the wildfire
Take a look at Launcher Pro Plus, it has a very nice calendar widget wich could be something for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU943vLJOFk

I really like "Android Agenda Widget"
It includes 15 sorts of widget and is free without ads (there's a payed version to)
---

Installed RC4 on 2 wildfire's.
Working great without problems so far, 1 needed the kernel wifi fix.
Can't wait for the next nightly build!

Great job you are doing arco68 , Thanks for the nightly's and new kernel.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok, figured it made sense to start a new thread, so I'm able to update thread title and other stuff in OP.
    This is where to discuss nightly builds of CyanogenMod 7.

Download link for XDA app users

Download Google Apps

Changelog for buzz
    Changelog for nigtlies

Some useful info:
    How to obtain a system log

If you have any issues with GPS, 3G or any other network issues, try flashing the following radio firmware. NB, it's not possible to flash this zip from ClockworkMod 3, so if you have this version installed, use ROM Manager to flash it instead.

Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10.zip

Issues with Google Maps (blurry fonts, slow scrolling)? Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15218646&postcount=4

Here's the kernels used in the rom, in case someone needs to flash them manually. The 2.6.35 one is the standard included in the rom now, and the 2.6.32 is the one previously used. I'm attaching it here though, in case someone like to use it. They can be flashed in recovery.

View attachment buzz-kernel-2.6.32.zip (Updated 18.06.2011)
    View attachment buzz-kernel-2.6.35.zip (Updated 07.09.2011)
    On build 16, when putting the phone to sleep the image is kind of mirrored halfway for some reason before turning the screen off. E.g

screenshot_1331744914166.png

I find that turning the rotation sensor takes that green screen problem away after a while, please correct me if I am wrong .

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

I have also noticed this artefact, not sure why it does that. I think it has something to do with how the "screenshot/screen freeze" is taken, but this is way to complicated for me to adjust..

But what exactly do you mean with 'turning the rotation sensor'? I myself see that also, an it irritates me A LOT. But I have no idea why it does so, because, previously, it worked just normal. I would love to look in to it, but I don't have the time.

---------------------------------

As the nightlies don't seem to work, here is build 17, as an update to build 16

Changelog (in addition to build 16):
    • Error handling for Network Plugin API getContext
    • Error handling in WebViewCore::contentDraw
    • Cherry-pick WebKit r100677 to fix a rendering crash
    • Create Kineto-compatible AudioTrack::set and AudioRecord::set methods
    • Show PIN entry screen even if lockscreen is disabled.
    • Improve toast strings.
    • Hide SSN toasts by default.
    • Backport "disappearing SD media" fixes from CM9
    • Fixed Proprietary info feild skipping in Samuel Berube's voicemail notification
    • Fix soft keyboard appearing on dialer under certain conditions.
    • ext4: Fix image generation when size is exact multiple of block size

Please note that
    • The patch for an option for the rotation animation is applied
    • There is something strange with the rotation animation, turning green before rotating. I will have to look in to that and see what the problem is, but I don't have the time yet.

Download

All the best,
    Erwin
    Build 14

Build 14:

Notes:
    • Scrolling cache is DISabled by default if you're installing this build for the first time. Otherwise, nothing will change.
    • Rotation animations (from ICS) are DISabled. They can be enabled in CyanogenMod's settings (patch from Erwin, not merged yet).

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?df2t2sayzriyvkh

MD5 hash: 327294fffbc11d9eaabc16c102ff3b74

Changelog:
    • Fix display freeze happening when changing device orientation while screen is off. (android_frameworks_base)
    • cm: Add E739 (T-Mobile LG myTouch) (android_vendor_cyanogen)
    • libaudio-msm7x30: initial E739 audio support (android_hardware_msm7k)
    • Add notification type constants. (android_frameworks_base)
    • Fix entries of Digitel, Movistar, Movilnet (Venezuela) (android_vendor_cyanogen)
    • additional landscape layout for sim pin unlock (android_frameworks_base)
    • Furtherly fix up notification swipe handling. (android_frameworks_base)

Translations:
    • French translations are added/updated
    • Turkish translations are added/updated
    • Dutch translations are added/updated
    Here you all go:
    http://dev-host.org/hhnf1hour87c/cyanogen_buzz-ota-eng.root_2011.12.30_10h15.zip

First of all, all credit for this of course goes to the CyanogenMod team and Arco. I've done nothing more or less than syncing, building and renaming it. As the timestamp says, this is build after a sync yesterday at 10h15. This means that it contains all the changes of the nightlies changelog from the buttom till "camera_client: Stub configuration parameters used by recent CAF cameras (android_frameworks_base)" should be included.

I must stress out here that I AM NOT A DEVELOPER, so this is really on your own risk. If your device turns into Megatron, you are the only one that is responsible for the end of humanity. But this is from the original CM repository, and I flashed it on my device (without full wipe etc) already, so I think it should be safe.

If you want to thank someone, just go back to the first post and thank Arco: I wouldn't have been able to do it without him, what do I say, I wouldn't have even come close to it if it wasn't for him. He also thinks that the nightlies will start up soon, so I wont be doing this at a regular base. I just made it for myself, and thought to share it. Hope you guys enjoy :)
    Build 16, as an update to build 15

Changelog (in addition to build 15):
    • Add support for EXIF datetime on Qualcomm libcameras
    • T9 Dialer: View contact on long press on T9 results
    • toolbox: prefer busybox dmesg
    • Add build date to 'About phone'.
    • linker: optimize SysV ELF hash function
    • memmove: Fix the abuse of memcpy() for overlapping regions
    • update OI File Manager 1.1.6
    • Lots and lots of Dutch translations
    • The non-official merged option to enable/disable the rotation animation

Please note that
    • Everything with the rotation animation works now
    • The build date isn't correct, prob because of the fact that I don't always start building from scratch (takes too long), but only compile the files that have been modified since the last build.

Download

All the best,
    Erwin