[ICS][3.11.605.22][Sense4.0]BAMF Evita v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sknight13602

Dec 25, 2011
manlius
just downloaded it and waiting for it to boot the first time :D

other than the crazy loud and slightly annoying boot animation so far so good! :p

EDIT: well so far I can't even get through the initial setup - it seems to lock up transitioning between screens :(

Yea animations don't work right you gotta keep taping where the next button should be until you get to the launcher then turn them off in setting like he said.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
This is my second flash and I immediately turned off animations as required. With that being said, anyone getting any homescreen lag?

Also I received a group text (MMS) from my softball team and it crashed the network which I'm now aware of lol. I installed GOSMS for that.

Thanks Joel, great ROM so far!!

sknight13602

Dec 25, 2011
manlius
This is my second flash and I immediately turned off animations as required. With that being said, anyone getting any homescreen lag?

Also I received a group text (MMS) from my softball team and it crashed the network which I'm now aware of lol. I installed GOSMS for that.

Thanks Joel, great ROM so far!!

The lag goes away as the cache and dalvik build been running it for about 6 hrs now runs great for me a little lag here and their but barley noticeable

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

Reactions: WizeGuyDezignz

gadget!

Sep 15, 2009
Boise, Idaho
www.kooldezine.com
bootanimation

Was just listening to TuneIn Radio and then my phone 'soft booted' apparently and scared the crap outta me with the boot animation sounds

any chance we can get rid of that? it's rather annoying to deal with in a work environment.

I believe somewhere in the last ten pages or so someone tells you where the MP3 is for the boot animation just delete it.

EDIT- bootanimation sound, use a program like Root Explorer and navigate to system/customize/resource and rename (change the filename to .bak) or delete the htc_boot.mp3.

I have a couple of alternate boot animations I made for this ROM, both will revert the sould to what it was on previous releases.

http://www.teambamf.net/topic/3681-evita-goodies-by-gadget/

rsage

Jul 28, 2010
Joel,

Do you know if anything can be done about the low in-call volume? I have it cranked up and the hearing aid setting turned on. Honestly I'm not sure if it's a ROM-specific thing or a general Sense4 problem.

Thanks as always for your excellent work

emarietta

Oct 30, 2010
central ohio
Joel,

Do you know if anything can be done about the low in-call volume? I have it cranked up and the hearing aid setting turned on. Honestly I'm not sure if it's a ROM-specific thing or a general Sense4 problem.

Thanks as always for your excellent work

I've had a couple calls on the new version and my volume was fine

Sent from my tits using tapatalk 2

rsage

Jul 28, 2010
I've had a couple calls on the new version and my volume was fine

Hmmm interesting. All I can tell you is that compared to gb or sense 3.6/ics roms, I'm having a much harder time hearing anyone if I'm anywhere other than in a very quiet room. I don't hear any difference between the old and new versions of this rom. Others have reported the same issue so I assume it's not just me.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

1080p video recording isnt recording right, goes into a 4:3 screen when capping.

I noticed that, but I think when you go back and watch the video, it's in the correct perspective. I think it only looks skewed when you're actually recording it (at least I think that's the way it was with version 1.0)

Last edited:

gadget!

Sep 15, 2009
Boise, Idaho
www.kooldezine.com
I'm sur some are having issues but my volume is fine.

I just called a friend also using this rom and we want back and forth between speaker and handset and neither of us had any volume issues.

Volume levels were fine on both ends.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
Hey joelz or anyone does Sebastian kernel work on this trumy the 1700 ov n doesn't boot the phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

rsage

Jul 28, 2010
I'm sur some are having issues but my volume is fine.

I just called a friend also using this rom and we want back and forth between speaker and handset and neither of us had any volume issues.

Volume levels were fine on both ends.

Cool thanks for the info. Yes - the volume is fine for me if I'm just sitting in my house or in some other quiet location - the in-call volume seems adequate for that. What were your surroundings like? I'm having problems hearing when there is any kind of background noise - locations that were fine volume-wise with gb and sense 3.6 roms. So I can only deduce that it's still loud enough for some situations, but no longer loud enough when there's background noise.

I don't want to belabor the point though so I'll drop it unless Joel has anything to add.

Edit: Ok I lied :) I do have one other thing to add - flashed back and forth (wiping each time) between this and one of the other Sense 4.0 ROM's a few times tonight, for some reason the in-call volume is much louder on the other

Last edited:

paulhoop

Jul 5, 2008
ROM Rocks...

Two things about it though.

In call volume is an issue here also. speaker side, not the mic. Can't hear the caller very well, they can hear me fine.

I disabled boot sound, woke the wife up with it the other morning at 5:30AM. oopppsss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team BAMF Presents...

BAMF Evita v2.0

evitanew3.png

Credits:Huge Thanks To Newtoroot For His Original Ril Fix [Huge thanks to this guy..i have mad respect for him :)]..Mdeejay and the Virtuous Tean for their ville port to sensation which i pulled some libs and binaries to boot this thing and just for general help and fixed...And of course i can't forget Jan he helps me all around with smali also full credit to him for his Super APM :) and Tweaks ! Also thanks to llboredll for sharing and thanks to wasabiwa for the awesome poster he made :)

This ROM is based off of:
    • 3.11.605.22 CL339740 Vigor Release-Keys...barely
    • 1.68.502.1 CL52578 ATT ONE XL release-keys..base
    • 1.53.401.2 CL47230 Tmobile ONE S Release-Keys...barely
    • 1.56.997.1 Tmobile ONE S..barely

What you will find in features:
    • Sense 4.0
    • HTC Hub
    • HTC Notes
    • HTC Watch

Changelogs:

v2.1
    • S-off Support..
    • Changed debug.composition.type to c2d so Rosie lag should be gone
    • New boot animation
    • Fixed MMS [Thanks Capychimp]
    • Beats Fix [Part 2]
    • Fixed for taking pics during video [Part 1]
    • New boot sound
    • Some CDMA changes to the Mms.apk and Settings.apk
    • Some world phone changes to Mms app
    • Added some more options to Mms app
    • Probably More

v2.0
    • Fixed Peoples App FC
    • Improving my root fix..
    • Zipaligned
    • Added some speed tweaks
    • Added sqlite Wal Vacumm
    • Added EXT4 Tweaks.
    • Removed Signature check..
    • New Boot animation [Thanks Gadget!]
    • New Down animation [Thanks Gadget!]
    • New boot sound [Thanks Gadget!]
    • Under the hood fixes
    • This Version Fly's :)
    • Added secure box to Mms App
    • Added Block list to Mms App
    • Added BAMF Settings [Not all Settings Work][Thanks Jan :)]
    • Updated some more parts to ville 1.56
    • Updated Base to 1.68.502.1 CL52578 HTC ONE XL release-keys

v1.0
    • RIL Fixed [Huge thanks to newtoroot]
    • Optimized framework
    • Beats Fix [Part 1]
    • Set default language to English(United States) [Might want to change it to English(United Kingdom..gps acts weird on US one)
    • updated build fingerprint to 4.0.4
    • Added HTC Skydrive Plugin and app
    • Overscroll glow
    • Added Super APM Thanks Jan :)
    • Disabled scrolling cache [For smoother scrolling]
    • BT Fix [Part 1][Thanks mdeejay and virtuous team]
    • Auto rotate Rosie Enabled
    • Ua Agent/MMS/Browser Updated to Rezound
    • Updated EGL'S and Gralloc
    • Resized gallery
    • Fixed Root [Super Hacks lol]
    • Added Some More skins [Thanks Gadget!]
    • Rosie Unlock Animation Enabled
    • Added Some Camera Tweaks [uncompressed photos etc..]
    • Fixed some widgets crashing Rosie
    • Fixed HTC Watch
    • Long press home button is now set to recent apps all buttons work like they should..
    • Added Sony Bravia Engine
    • Fixed A lot of small bugs...A lot more

Instructions to install:

• Download ROM and PH98IMG.zip
    • Copy to SD Card
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    • Did you Wipe Data?
    • Install ROM
    • Reboot To Bootloader
    • Flash PH98IMG.zip
    • Profit!

Some Important Notes and Tips:
    • If you feel the need to "borrow" my work, please don't without my consent. I've spent 2 months working on sense 4.0 for 2 devices getting stuff fixed if i really just want credit for things i do so if you want to "borrow" my work ask me :).

Known Issues - if its listed here DO NOT ask about it in the thread:
    The following issues are known about and they are being worked on. Before you post an issue with this rom, you must be on a clean install. If you have not performed a clean install, then your issue cannot be considered valid.

Some things that are just the nature of the beast:
    • Bluetooth/FM
      - Bluetooth works...not 100%....FM Radio Doesn't work..
    • Animations
      - Need kernel source or else i can't fix this....
    • Miscellaneous
      - other small bugs that might be there that idk about

Downloads​

Wanted to jump in and say thanks to joelz for honoring my request and if he is ready I don't mind if you go ahead and drop your rom tomorrow so the boys can check it out over the weekend if they want... I really appreciate you holding out for ne man I know it was rough lol... Anyways have fun

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Reserve...........................
    I love that some of u guys are waiting patiently while others are just asking and asking and asking thanks guys :) you wont be dissapointed
    Ill work on ril tmmrw.....also flssh the PH98IMG-SENSE4.zip or it wont boot....this is just a preview i got bored...and a lot of people have been asking me to work on sense 4.0...aosp etc.......ive already begun my work in AOSP but its really a long term thing atm.......so i took a break from AOSP and cooked this up for you guys...once the ville leak is released this will get better..