[ROM] Discontinued [Classicnerd ICS / Pre Alpha JB 4.2.1] Butta HD [12-30-12]

Search This thread

Kiersten_Kress

Mar 18, 2012
Anybody knows how to get rid of that super-annoying buzzing
sound/vibration when the battery is about to die?

I have all the sounds and vibration setting turned completely off,
but it still makes that sound. I sometimes wake up in the milddle
of the night because of it... :( (when I forget to put it back on the
Touchstone charger)

Thanks! :)

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
Anybody knows how to get rid of that super-annoying buzzing
sound/vibration when the battery is about to die?

I have all the sounds and vibration setting turned completely off,
but it still makes that sound. I sometimes wake up in the milddle
of the night because of it... :( (when I forget to put it back on the
Touchstone charger)

Thanks! :)

Not aware of any way to turn those notifications off. With all the charging issues folks are having that seem to be related to allowing the TouchPad battery charge getting too low, even if you could shut then off, I wouldn't. Why don't you just plug in the wall charger or leave your TP somewhere not so close to your bedroom.;)

Sychodrama

Nov 28, 2011
Does anyone know a good build.prop that fits the whole screen on games like Asphalt 6 and Lets golf 3? Im using the gt1900 and ive tried htc puccini but it seems borders are cut off. Does anyone have a good one that shows the whole screen?

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN
Hey guys, just to be clear I support O.aT and what his ROM represents. I also like to see cm and other roms making our touchpads better.

Let's not start a ROM war. Just cause one idiot opens his mouth, doesn't mean we all become idiots and make senseless comments.

I nor anyone on the team are being paid to bring anything out. We just like to share when something worthwhile fix is made. I hate people put any devs or teams on a pedistal. They haven't a clue why we spend hours upon hours on code.

But it does get stupid to for those boosts making comments. I know cm or aokp don't like them talking crap either.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Don't make me. Come back.. ill come back if I get mad.....

On the side note. Got the new job, ill be back

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

What's happening man? Sounds like lots of changes for you. Hope you like ur new job.

Trying to get ubuntu 12.04 all set up here. Once I get it done, I will look in to making it into a live cd. Pretty snappy so far

XRON was incredible because Leo kept plugging away at making it better. Because of my faith in Leo I made contributions so that other Devs could get Tpads to help move ICS along. Because I have two Tpads I keep CM9 with nightlys on one and ClassicNerd on the other. Whereas XRON was enhanced over CM7, in my humble view, CN is behind CM9. Honestly, I have a hard time understanding why the wheel was reinvented. I am not being negative, just honest as a non-teckie and supporter of Leo.

I will always thank Leo for what he did on XRON. I am still puzzled about the goals of CN.

Reactions: Solsun

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
XRON was incredible because Leo kept plugging away at making it better. Because of my faith in Leo I made contributions so that other Devs could get Tpads to help move ICS along. Because I have two Tpads I keep CM9 with nightlys on one and ClassicNerd on the other. Whereas XRON was enhanced over CM7, in my humble view, CN is behind CM9. Honestly, I have a hard time understanding why the wheel was reinvented. I am not being negative, just honest as a non-teckie and supporter of Leo.

I will always thank Leo for what he did on XRON. I am still puzzled about the goals of CN.

It's because we wanted our own source. Once videos fixed, its just camera and Mic. I learned some by working on the xronified ROM but learned tons working from source. I get why there would he a couple roms based on the same source but not all of them.

I certainly appreciate each and everyone that has supported any way they have. I urge many to try to get a source going, it will answer so many questions that some have. It's not like we can just cut and paste the video fix in due to all sources are different.

If people remember in the beginning, we forked from Evervolv whom invited us to use his source and he dropped his ROM before the source from cm was public. So instead of abandoning a source from a very respected team, we decided to plug away and make it work out.

This could be why ours has the screen off audio fixed while others dont, due to source differences. Change one thing in this Ecosystem and it affects other aspects. So we may not have changed things in a certain way that allowed the audio to be fixed because it isn't as simple as a lib being pushed in from proprietary files.

Not reinventing the wheel, but just like the wheel, there is Goodyear, firestone, BF Goodrich, and many others. Each driver has a choice to choose. But if one rides better than another, doesn't make that a superior tire does it? Just opinion based. But doesn't mean we should put any on a pedistal, we don't ask to be put there and really no good comes from it. Just pushes us away.

I hope by now most understand that a lot of this wouldn't be possible without jcsullins, dalingrin, preludedrew, romanbb, whitehawx (hope that's right), and mainly you guys. You guys are the main reason why we try.

strikerage

Feb 19, 2011
I'm sad for this. Leo, you shouldn't need to respond to these people, although it shows awesome respect that you do.

I was a xron fan before IMS was ported over, and it was the main reason I wanted to fool with my TP to begin with. I guess you gotta just understand how a day to day job + school + having a life, then finding time to work on a project like this can be as difficult as it is.

That's probably why I can't find the time and urge to pick up my guitar more often. Just too much crap to do, as much as I love my guitar.

I'm personally hopping rom to rom at the moment, simply because I am OCD when it comes to ROMs, but I guarantee I'll be coming back to CN when they implement HD video. If it weren't for loving YouTube in HD and watching Crackle, I'd be rockin CN Buttah still.

"F" all the haters.... take your time and perfect this *****! :)

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida

I know Leo answered you already but I wanted to chime in and say, isn't that the point of open source?

Please keep in mind that CN is still in its infancy. Tommytomatoe is an awesome dev who is responsible for the classic evo rom and I know he's bringing some of his stuff over too.

I like CM and all they do for the Android community, I just don't understand why they are the definition. Open source is not meant to have a standard.

Basically, I'm saying it's OK for you to think one rom is the same as another, just the same as its OK for devs to make roms that are similar.

Another thing people seem to forget, CM has a HUGE team of really good devs, which is great. CN is not that large and some of the devs are learning as they go.

I hope this helps in your understanding :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: glabifrons

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida
What's happening man? Sounds like lots of changes for you. Hope you like ur new job.

Trying to get ubuntu 12.04 all set up here. Once I get it done, I will look in to making it into a live cd. Pretty snappy so far

Let me know how 12.04 works out for you. 11 gave me issues with compiling so I went to 10.04 and its all good now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Joker Fuel

Mar 10, 2011
Ok lets stop the fighting and back on topic.....

So what about the ipad3 eh?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
So far 12.04 is fast and fun. I have some suggestions for those who dual boot windows.

Remove the downloads/videos/music/documents from /home/(user) and symlink those from windows to /home/(user). This way you can share all files between the two. But you will need to mount the windows partition at boot in the fstab.

Also, there are a few tweaks for sysctl.conf and fstab to help make the system faster over all. Especially for those who have a ssd and hdd. You are able to use the ssd for /, /home, and windows boot. The use the hdd all for windows. And move the user folder to the hdd making all the downloads and files are kept on the hdd leaving only system and programs on ssd.

Those who need help with it just give a shout. I'm putting together a best tweaks document started by tommy and adding more stuff like TRIM support and really smooth tweaks for those that have ssd and hdd setups.

Moshe5368

Mar 21, 2011
Fulton, MS
Hi folks. I've been a bit out of the loop lately and must say, after yesterday, I am a bit glad I was. While I can understand the comment about the forum becoming interesting, I cannot agree. IMHO, the entire point behind AOSP is diversity which allows each team to progress along different lines with, sometimes, different goals and priorities. Flame wars between forum members can only hurt the community as a whole. Each user of a ROM will have a different take on that which is important to them and that is what drives the open source community.

Leo, you and the CN team have developed an exceptional ROM and have reason to be proud of the effort. Those individuals who, for some reason, disagree with the path of the development should feel free to move to another ROM but the rancor I am seeing here over the last two days makes me sick. Those members here who know me understand that I have been using this ROM since the early xron releases. While most of my effort is within the webOS community, I have been proud to say that CN is the ROM my touchpad dual boots.

It is my sincere hope that everyone will take a step back and look at the direction this thread is going. I look forward to continuing my participation within the CN community and ask all the forum members to remember the original goal. As I get older, I realize that my time is too important to waste on hate and flame wars.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk 2

kopitekid

Mar 1, 2011
Carlisle
As far as the flashy aspect of CN, it's is mostly due to me. If you have anything negative to say, please direct it to me personally. CN has given me the privilege to add flair to what they have already established and blindly accusing the team as a whole for it is ignorant.

And bloody good work u do too MindSplit.. Be assured there are many of us who greatly appreciate the sexyness u bring to our pad :D

Agree with Mosh tho time to let it all go... However where is Method as a picture to lighten the mood is required?

Keep up the good work

Sent from my MindSplit sexyified Touchpad

darkchaos7

Aug 2, 2011
Touchscreen

Can someone please give me the link to the latest CN ROM?

I am having actually random unresponsive touchscreen upon awakening my touchpad- only physical keys work and I always have to force reboot( Home+ Power). Is it a known issue or I am the only one experiencing it??:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Reserved.

Thanks,
    ~leo
    Hello my fellow classicnerdians,

I just wanted to take this time and talk a little about how we can start being more possitive and less cut throat on some of the new people joining our club.

While a lot of us know that we are a bunch of sarcastic, egotistical, snobbish, nerds, they may not understand 99.9% of the time we are just kidding around. Being a sacastic SOB myself, I sit back and laugh usually. But lets try to turn this ship in the right direction please.

Something I'm considering is to close this thread and start a new one in the next day or two when we drop our ROM for the masses. Why? Well people really would have to fish thru 30 pages of not much related to developement. Also, people are starting to email and pm me pretty much with a bad taste all together from some negative comments.

Heres what I would like to see. Be more positive. Kindly just answer the questions and move on. If its a troll, let's all just pm them and keep the banter down in the thread. Chat like usual but also remember, we are here to developed, abreast question, and help. We do have a fantastic chatroom where we can kick off the shoes and give each other crap.

In the days ahead, we will be expecting a 1,000's of downloads daily and a lot more chat about this ROM verses that ROM. We need to remember, even though its officially our source, its forked from evervolv, who's forked from cm, and team kang is forked from cm. So these ROMs are very similar. Our source will become Modded with all the tricks we can possible make which may give a different approach to the ROM. But keep in mind, we need cm, we need evervolv, we need team kang, and we need all of you to help this community by setting an example of positivity, by choosing to be a leader not a follower, by helping, not slamming. Answer the question and move on. If its been addressed, let it die.

I promised you guys that all donations would be used wisely and they have been. You've assembled a team I'm proud to call my friends, ones that are willing to answer questions at 3am cause I'm stuck. I'm a sense dev at heart, but now am becoming a source dev thanks mainly because of you guys trusting and believing in my abilities so much, now I have confidense to run with the big dogs. I ask you guys do the same.

Thank you all so much. Serious. I won't forget how I got to where I'm at. I just want us to be an example for how a thread should be.

Thanks for listening.

Leo

You know what just post it here! Let everyone enjoy!

Maybe just throw it up here and not op yet til tomorrow.

:)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

kk, i was uploading this to mediafire anyway....saving the official release for the website. Sounds good. Consider this the place for the download link.

Download Link

If you are coming from a previous version of classicnerd ICS, you should just be able to wipe cache and flash rom, then flash gapps and ur set. Coming from another rom will require a factory reset, followed by the directions above. Enjoy!

MD5 Link

Guys/Gals Make sure you hit your thanks button to everyone who's helped bring this in to existance.

TommyTomato, Me, CM, Evervolv, Harsh, Misfit, Mindsplit, ewalk, Chubbzlou, TMartin, AOKP, and more.... It's taken awhile to bring this to you but it's a really bad a$$ rom.
    you'll be happy to know that the classicnerd aosp repo is nearly completely.

I have 98% of code uploaded to github. preview here - nothing to checkout yet

I spent a good half of today getting this together. It's going to be a fun experiment.

I am going to do some final revisions and then we will post instructions for how to download then compile your own.

Beginning with the next build we have changelog, bug tracker, et cetera. Being that this is officially our source we finally feel comfortable releasing publicly as our own.

This said......

I cannot give enough thanks and love to dalingrin (on behalf of cm team) and preludedrew (on behalf of evervolv), and also AOKP. I (nor anyone else on classicnerd, I would hope) claim to be pros. But the three parties I mentioned are pros. I thank these guys for doing everything they've done thus far, and if you want to show anyone love these guys deserve it. We are in this for fun and thus far it has been a learning experience (especially since most of us are sense-devs). Once everything is up and official I will post a list of every piece of code borrowed.

I (on behalf of Classicnerd) hope you guys will enjoy what we offer. I look forward to some vanilla flavored Ice cream sammiches.

Good night everyone!
    I wanted to take some time here and say thanks to you all. Not every day can an average Joe step in to xda and start learning aosp. I have to give a tremendous amount of credit to two people who really helped explain things to get the ball rolling. Those would be Preludedrew and tommytomatoe.

The driving force behind such a project has always been the kind people in here. It would take all day to name everyone, but you who you are!

The decision to discontinue CN was mainly not having time. I've been hard at work trying to get myself in a position to move in to the upper management role at work and its quite a process. So by the time I get done putting in 50-55 hrs a week, there isn't much time for my family. As many may know, having a 5 yr old boy will want a lot of attention which is well needed by both of us. Thankfully my wife has been able to keep the house in order so I can work on my career.

To the others that just like to cause crap, and we all know who you are, its been a pleasure not reading your spam....lol. Not arguing with you, or defending our work because you CANT contribute to this wonderful forum, has been equally rewarding. I really hope XDA admins ban ever one of the trolls or trouble starters. There is too much drama to even worry about it. Family and life are way more important.

Thanks again for everything. Take care

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app