S-ON Security Warning, Help

Search This thread

Shinebox

Jan 14, 2011
Ok so here is what I did

I unlocked the bootloader through HTCs site
I installed a custom recovery
I installed a custom ROM

S-ON is still there, so I wanted to downgrade to turn S-OFF unfortunately I did the dumbest thing possible and locked the bootloader again attempting to downgrade so I can use revolutionary. Now I have a security warning

I am not exactly sure what to do from this point. The phone is fully functional on a custom ROM but I have no recovery access and I want to install MIUI.

If anyone has an idea I would like to hear it. I went wrong by not downgrading and turning S-OFF before unlocking the bootloader. I just want to know how I can fix this.

Shinebox

Jan 14, 2011
Did you revert back to a locked bootloader? If so, just follow the instructions in Development for downgrading .98 bootloader.

Yeah it's not working :-\

It gives an error when it does the fastboot gets stuck on waiting for device, I manually reinstall the verizon rom and it goes to the black HTC screen. Finishes sending and restarts on the custom ROM I already have on there.

Shinebox

Jan 14, 2011
Phone is still locked with the security warning. Person using the phone has been using a sense rom, would really like to get rid of a the security warning :|

sjpritch25

Jan 30, 2011
St. Petersburg
as long as you re-locked the bootloader you should be able to s-off. What bootloader do they have? If its .98 you will need to downgrade and s-off.

Shinebox

Jan 14, 2011
anytime I try to downgrade the phone goes into a bootloop when I run hack-vivow.cmd

if I manually boot it into the bootloader after that, the script says it's sending the files, once it's done and the phone reboots it goes back to the last ROM it was running as if I never did anything :-\

x Eacott

May 14, 2011
Try a different computer or account. For some reason it wouldn't allow me to run hack_vivow.cmd or whatever on mine, re installed sdk and adb on my laptop and did the drivers, made sure fastboot was off, and it ran perfectly. Now that was me being on 2.3.4 shipped with the .98 bootloader. Now on my pc I went and s-offed because for some reason on my laptop, it wouldn't recognize my device, and then I pushed the recovery and use adb all the time

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA

Shinebox

Jan 14, 2011
Here are the details of what I am dealing with as of now:

S-ON
Custom Recovery is installed
Phone is Rooted
Bootloader is unlocked
Currently on 0.98
ROM is TSM Bullet

I cannot downgrade even if I relock the bootloader, it will install and run the last ROM that was on there. Only ROMs that are signed appear to work and I'm guessing this is because of S-ON. I need to know how I can get S-OFF or even downgrade at this point. I tried every method I could find here and nothing seems to work :(

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
you need to relock install ruu 2.3.4 with hboot .98-do this from bootloader(PG32IMG)
THEN RUN DOWNGRADE TOOL

THEN RUN REVOLUTIONARY FOR ROOT AND S-OFF

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

If your on a custom rom you need too go back to stock or downgrade tool won't work.

Last edited:

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
???? download the ruu rename it PG32IMG put on the root of sdcard. make sure the file on the sdcard reads PG32IMG.zip.(exactly)then boot into bootloader, it will pick up the file and run it then ask to proceed, select volume up to continue, it should install up date. if you phone won't let you put it on your sdcard at this point either put it on another card or pull your card put it in an adapter and move to card with your computer.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

you don't need to use adb to do the ruu

Reactions: Shinebox

Shinebox

Jan 14, 2011
Sorry it's locking up there on the downgrade. I am going to start on another computer and follow the instructions on downgrading. I am back to stock! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ???? download the ruu rename it PG32IMG put on the root of sdcard. make sure the file on the sdcard reads PG32IMG.zip.(exactly)then boot into bootloader, it will pick up the file and run it then ask to proceed, select volume up to continue, it should install up date. if you phone won't let you put it on your sdcard at this point either put it on another card or pull your card put it in an adapter and move to card with your computer.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

you don't need to use adb to do the ruu
    ok step one complete

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

make sure you put the vivow hack files on the root of C: then type cd c:(the file name)