[Q&A] Infused v2 ROM

Search This thread

NHSufi

Jul 11, 2012
Poop i need the link for CWM-infused-v2.0.1-kernel.zip. I couldnt find the link anywhere else :(

TerminatorOWNZ

May 31, 2012
Thanks for a great job!

Just wanted to say thanks a lot for a great (good old 2.3.3) rom!
Infuse 4g is pretty old but still nice samsung smarphone. Firstly tryed CM 4.x.x builds, but camera issue and few rare bugs forced me to search again "the one" rom... Returned to stock 2.3.6 (at&t) with cw and few addons. But bugs and glitches (gprs stucks, and periodicly wifi)again forced me to search another one, and then I've found Infused v2! That's it (no HDMI is not a problem for me at all)!

For about 2 days I'm having no any issuses at all! Smooth, battery-friendly, fast, wifi, gprs -- everything is working as it should! Finaly I've changed my mind to sell infuse =).

P.S. Infuse working with no problems in Ukraine, Kiev with MTS mobile operator :)

bass_me

May 20, 2010
charlotte
Just wanted to say thanks a lot for a great (good old 2.3.3) rom!
Infuse 4g is pretty old but still nice samsung smarphone. Firstly tryed CM 4.x.x builds, but camera issue and few rare bugs forced me to search again "the one" rom... Returned to stock 2.3.6 (at&t) with cw and few addons. But bugs and glitches (gprs stucks, and periodicly wifi)again forced me to search another one, and then I've found Infused v2! That's it (no HDMI is not a problem for me at all)!

For about 2 days I'm having no any issuses at all! Smooth, battery-friendly, fast, wifi, gprs -- everything is working as it should! Finaly I've changed my mind to sell infuse =).

P.S. Infuse working with no problems in Ukraine, Kiev with MTS mobile operator :)

Simply put Infused is the best ROM ever for the Infuse. gtg did a great job on this ROM . It was my daily driver when I had the Infuse. I had zero issues when running this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

TerminatorOWNZ

May 31, 2012
Infused - best ROM ever for the Infuse 4g

Simply put Infused is the best ROM ever for the Infuse. gtg did a great job on this ROM . It was my daily driver when I had the Infuse. I had zero issues when running this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Totally agree, still simply the best Infuse ROM. Still have no problems with it :)
If someone is still using Infuse 4G this rom is a must!

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Totally agree, still simply the best Infuse ROM. Still have no problems with it :)

there's a wifi bug on the kernel.
run it long enough and you'll see it.
have it connect to a wifi source.
go away from it and then come back to it..or simply connect to a new wifi source...look for drain
if you don't see it, awesome.
fi you see it, Zen made a fix for it in his new kernel.

Reactions: Pony Express

gandolf007

Feb 6, 2011
Notice:
This thread is for general questions regarding Infused v2.

READ CAREFULLY - NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION:
1) Infused v2 is not currently available through ROM Manager. Please be patient.
2) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Tips and answers to common questions:
1) Animations are disabled by default. Enable them by going to Settings > Display > Animation and selecting "All Animations". If you don't do this, you won't see the CRT screen off animation!
2) If your GPS isn't locking, try this: Go to the phone app and dial *#*#3214789650#*#*. The Angry GPS configuration app will open. Clear GPS data and back out. It may help to reboot after doing that as well.
3) If the power widget isn't working and shows no icons, simply toggling something like GPS in the notification pulldown will fix it. This doesn't seem to be something I caused, but rather a bug in the Rogers shipping ROM. I believe a lot of Galaxy S Gingerbread builds have this problem as well, so it's a Samsung trademark.

Known ROM issues:
-No HDMI support. It was not present in the Rogers base ROM.
-The default lockscreen is a bit laggy. Again, the Rogers base ROM shipped this way. Use the AOSP lockscreen addon or WidgetLocker if you can't stand it.
-HSPA+ may not work properly in all areas.

ROM Manager Installation Instructions:
1) You must be rooted.
2) If you have a /Voodoo folder on your internal SD card, delete it and reboot.
3) If you're already running a custom ROM with Voodoo lagfix FULLY enabled, you can skip to step 7.
4) Download CWM-community-kernel-v8.zip if you're on Froyo or CWM-infused-v2.0.1-kernel.zip if you're on Gingerbread and place it on your internal SD card.
5) Install SGS Kernel Flasher from the Market.
6) Open SGS Kernel Flasher, select choose kernel, select the file you downloaded, and select flash kernel. Your phone will reboot and begin to enable Voodoo lagfix. Let it do that and boot all the way up. It will take a while (5-10 minutes) because it's converting all partitions to ext4.
7) If you're on Froyo, you must now install a file explorer like Root Explorer from the Market and use it to delete the file /system/bin/recovery. You will need to hit the "Mount R/W" button in Root Explorer before it will let you delete it. I can't stress this enough... you MUST MUST MUST delete that file before continuing or else you will get boot loops!
8) Now install ROM Manager from the Market and open it.
9) Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
10) Now go to "Download ROM", select my section (gtg465x), select the latest Infused V2 release, and hit the download button.
11) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select full.
12) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download the ROM. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
13) When you get to the "ROM Pre-Installation" prompt, you MUST check "Wipe Data and Cache" unless you're coming from Infused V2 BETA 1.
14) Press OK. Your phone will reboot and automatically install the ROM. Just sit back and relax.
15) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

CWM Installation Instructions:
1) You must be rooted.
3) If you're already running a custom ROM with Voodoo lagfix FULLY enabled, you can skip to step 7.
4) Download CWM-community-kernel-v8.zip if you're on Froyo or CWM-infused-v2.0.1-kernel.zip if you're on Gingerbread and place it on your internal SD card.
6) Open SGS Kernel Flasher, select choose kernel, select the file you downloaded, and select flash kernel. Your phone will reboot and begin to enable Voodoo lagfix. Let it do that and boot all the way up. It will take a while (5-10 minutes) because it's converting all partitions to ext4.
7) Download update-infused-v2.X.X-full.zip and place it on your internal SD card.
8) Power off your phone.
9) With the phone powered off, hold both volume keys and the power button for about 10 seconds and then release. This should boot you into RED CWM.
10) Select "install zip from sdcard" and select update-infused-v2.X.X-full.zip.
11) Once that finishes, select "wipe data/factory reset".
12) Select "reboot system now".
13) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Installing addons:
1) Install ROM Manager from the Market and open it.
2) Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
3) Now go to "Download ROM", select my section (gtg465x), select the latest Infused V2 release, and hit the download button.
4) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select "Addons only".
5) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download them. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
6) When you get to the "ROM Pre-Installation" prompt, you can uncheck "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and press OK.
7) Your phone will reboot and automatically install the addons. Just sit back and relax.

Note about addons: The only overscroll addon that is compatible with "Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent" is "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)", and for that to work you need to flash "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)" first. "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (Samsung blue)" and "Disable all overscroll effects" will not work with "Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent".

tanx for your work but the multiupload host not worked
pls upload your rom again (update-infused-v2.2.3-full.zip)

tanx alot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Notice:
    This thread is for general questions regarding Infused v2.

READ CAREFULLY - NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION:
    1) Infused v2 is not currently available through ROM Manager. Please be patient.
    2) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Tips and answers to common questions:
    1) Animations are disabled by default. Enable them by going to Settings > Display > Animation and selecting "All Animations". If you don't do this, you won't see the CRT screen off animation!
    2) If your GPS isn't locking, try this: Go to the phone app and dial *#*#3214789650#*#*. The Angry GPS configuration app will open. Clear GPS data and back out. It may help to reboot after doing that as well.
    3) If the power widget isn't working and shows no icons, simply toggling something like GPS in the notification pulldown will fix it. This doesn't seem to be something I caused, but rather a bug in the Rogers shipping ROM. I believe a lot of Galaxy S Gingerbread builds have this problem as well, so it's a Samsung trademark.

Known ROM issues:
    -No HDMI support. It was not present in the Rogers base ROM.
    -The default lockscreen is a bit laggy. Again, the Rogers base ROM shipped this way. Use the AOSP lockscreen addon or WidgetLocker if you can't stand it.
    -HSPA+ may not work properly in all areas.

ROM Manager Installation Instructions:
    1) You must be rooted.
    7) If you're on Froyo, you must now install a file explorer like Root Explorer from the Market and use it to delete the file /system/bin/recovery. You will need to hit the "Mount R/W" button in Root Explorer before it will let you delete it. I can't stress this enough... you MUST MUST MUST delete that file before continuing or else you will get boot loops!
    8) Now install ROM Manager from the Market and open it.
    9) Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
    10) Now go to "Download ROM", select my section (gtg465x), select the latest Infused V2 release, and hit the download button.
    11) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select full.
    12) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download the ROM. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
    13) When you get to the "ROM Pre-Installation" prompt, you MUST check "Wipe Data and Cache" unless you're coming from Infused V2 BETA 1.
    14) Press OK. Your phone will reboot and automatically install the ROM. Just sit back and relax.
    15) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

CWM Installation Instructions:
    1) You must be rooted.
    7) Download update-infused-v2.X.X-full.zip and place it on your internal SD card.
    8) Power off your phone.
    9) With the phone powered off, hold both volume keys and the power button for about 10 seconds and then release. This should boot you into RED CWM.
    10) Select "install zip from sdcard" and select update-infused-v2.X.X-full.zip.
    11) Once that finishes, select "wipe data/factory reset".
    12) Select "reboot system now".
    13) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Installing addons:
    1) Install ROM Manager from the Market and open it.
    2) Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and choose "Galaxy S i9000".
    3) Now go to "Download ROM", select my section (gtg465x), select the latest Infused V2 release, and hit the download button.
    4) At the "Installation Type" prompt, select "Addons only".
    5) Select the addons you wish to install and then wait for ROM Manager to download them. There is a note at the bottom of this post about which addons are not compatible with each other.
    6) When you get to the "ROM Pre-Installation" prompt, you can uncheck "Wipe Dalvik Cache" and press OK.
    7) Your phone will reboot and automatically install the addons. Just sit back and relax.

Note about addons: The only overscroll addon that is compatible with "Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent" is "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)", and for that to work you need to flash "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (AOSP yellow)" first. "Change overscroll from bounce to glow (Samsung blue)" and "Disable all overscroll effects" will not work with "Disable CM7 style battery w/ percent".
    Poop i need the link for CWM-infused-v2.0.1-kernel.zip. I couldnt find the link anywhere else :(

try these:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1638138
    Hey gtg, when ever I use the infused rom, my battery life always takes a nose dive. Its not that great on stock either. You think its my phone battery or something with the rom? If it is any fixes? I love using the rom, just the battery drain kills me every time.

1) Sometimes GB will go nuts on your battery, try rebooting.

2) If this doesn't fix it, try seeing if disabling wifi changes things. Some people have experienced a weird issue where wifi being on kills the battery. Unfortunately it doesn't affect everyone, and so far doesn't seem to have affected any devs which makes it a pain to debug.

there's a wifi bug on the kernel.
    run it long enough and you'll see it.
    have it connect to a wifi source.
    go away from it and then come back to it..or simply connect to a new wifi source...look for drain
    if you don't see it, awesome.
    fi you see it, Zen made a fix for it in his new kernel.