[Q] Help regarding official 4.2.2

Search This thread

someshmishra

Mar 7, 2011
Hi

I have htc one x 32g
I was having official 4.2.2
Then I unlocked boot loader and tried some custome rom and accidentally deleted my nandroid backup of it
And now I want to go back to official 4.2.2 how can I do that please someone tell me
How to do It I have everything I possibly understand
I need to get to official 4.2.2. Please tell me a simple way to get back to official 4.2.2
Thanx

Bobbi lim

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore
Hi

I have htc one x 32g
I was having official 4.2.2
Then I unlocked boot loader and tried some custome rom and accidentally deleted my nandroid backup of it
And now I want to go back to official 4.2.2 how can I do that please someone tell me
How to do It I have everything I possibly understand
I need to get to official 4.2.2. Please tell me a simple way to get back to official 4.2.2
Thanx

Download a stock rom from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546970
Extract out the boot.img in zip file and flash it in fastboot using: fastboot flash boot boot.img
Flash a custom recovery (either TWRP or CWM) using: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Than reboot into recovery and full wipe (except SD card), mount your SD card to computer and transfer the downloaded zip over and flash it and let the device reboot and its done!

someshmishra

Mar 7, 2011
Download a stock rom from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546970
Extract out the boot.img in zip file and flash it in fastboot using: fastboot flash boot boot.img
Flash a custom recovery (either TWRP or CWM) using: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Than reboot into recovery and full wipe (except SD card), mount your SD card to computer and transfer the downloaded zip over and flash it and let the device reboot and its done!

Can you please tell me which one should I download
Odexed. Or deodexed

someshmishra

Mar 7, 2011
I have used odexed and done have cwm recovery.
So when i check for update it shows ipdate downloads it but dnt install it says. This cant be installed on modified os
Please help what should i do

classic20

Jun 25, 2013
Prishtinë
I have used odexed and done have cwm recovery.
So when i check for update it shows ipdate downloads it but dnt install it says. This cant be installed on modified os
Please help what should i do

You can't install an OTA update when you have CWM recovery or any other custom recovery. You need to flash the stock recovery, install the OTA update, then flash again the CWM recovery if you want.

someshmishra

Mar 7, 2011
You can't install an OTA update when you have CWM recovery or any other custom recovery. You need to flash the stock recovery, install the OTA update, then flash again the CWM recovery if you want.

Can u please tell me where can i find this stock recovery or rather provide me the link to it thanx a ton bro

classic20

Jun 25, 2013
Prishtinë
Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
The link Bobbi provided you above, you can find the stock recovery there as well.
Here it is: http://www.androidrevolution.org/downloader/download.php?file=Flash_recovery_4.18.401.3.rar
Don't forget to click Thanks to everyone who helped you.

Never ask for someone to click your thanks button. Are you here to fill up your thanks meter or to help someone, don't lose your goal .......

Asking for that is tacky !

Now as for the O.P......you get your correct rom with the command :

Fastboot getvar version-main

Restore the matching nandroid backup and tell us which one it is so i can provide you a direct link with the stock recovery.

The one that bobbi lim has linked might not be the full correct stock rom for your phone. We can't see if your phone is carrier branded or not.

Here are more nand backups !

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975140

Last edited:
Reactions: Thant

classic20

Jun 25, 2013
Prishtinë
Never ask for someone to click your thanks button. Are you here to fill up your thanks meter or to help someone, don't lose your goal .......

I'm sorry if it sounded that way to you. I didn't say click "MY" thanks button. I simply said make sure to thank anyone who's post has actually helped you (including your helpful post).

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
I'm sorry if it sounded that way to you. I didn't say click "MY" thanks button. I simply said make sure to thank anyone who's post has actually helped you (including your helpful post).

It sounded that way indeed, he/she doesn't have to be sure to click any thank button. Its a free will and a thanks will be given when they choose to do that. Asking for it is strange. If somebody is here to get their thank meter up regardless who, then he or she is in the wrong place.......be helpful and they will thank you eventually, maybe in a post or maybe via the button. That's it !

classic20

Jun 25, 2013
Prishtinë
It sounded that way indeed, he/she doesn't have to be sure to click any thank button. Its a free will and a thanks will be given when they choose to do that. Asking for it is strange. If somebody is here to get their thank meter up regardless who, then he or she is in the wrong place.......be helpful and they will thank you eventually, maybe in a post or maybe via the button. That's it !

I don't understand why are you making it such a big deal. I didn't ask for money or anything in return. I just reminded OP he can be thankful to those who have helped him. If a post has a considerable amount of "thanks", somebody with a similar problem in the future searching the forums, will know that post actually works.

I am in no way knowledgeable enough to try and help enough people and get thanks in return. (assuming that I really want them or gain something from them thanking me)
This is clearly the wrong place to discuss this but I apologize, I had to make clear my point!

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
I'm just giving my opinion, you didn't remind him you told him to make sure he press the thanks button ;)

It's like a waiter asking for a tip when he didn't get one after bringing your drinks :sly:

I made my point......that's all i have to say

Cheers and a nice weekend !

classic20

Jun 25, 2013
Prishtinë
I'm just giving my opinion, you didn't remind him you told him to make sure he press the thanks button ;)

It's like a waiter asking for a tip when he didn't get one after bringing your drinks :sly:

Except this tip is not real money and I don't really work here :p

Thank you. You too have a great weekend!

Reactions: Fastrite

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The link Bobbi provided you above, you can find the stock recovery there as well.
    Here it is: http://www.androidrevolution.org/downloader/download.php?file=Flash_recovery_4.18.401.3.rar
    Don't forget to click Thanks to everyone who helped you.

Now as for the O.P......you get your correct rom with the command :

Fastboot getvar version-main

Restore the matching nandroid backup and tell us which one it is so i can provide you a direct link with the stock recovery.

The one that bobbi lim has linked might not be the full correct stock rom for your phone. We can't see if your phone is carrier branded or not.

Here are more nand backups !

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975140

Except this tip is not real money and I don't really work here :p

Thank you. You too have a great weekend!