Extended batteries

Search This thread

willgill

Aug 8, 2007
Dallas
I went with a 2000mAh battery from andida, had real good luck with them on the inspire...just on my third cycle now...one more then we will see how it does

I already have the Andida "2000mAh". It ended up being slightly worse than stock. I am done with off name Chinese batteries. I hope yours fares better than mine.

sent from my HTC Vivid using XDA app premium

Last edited:
W

Wild Child

hmm just doing 4th recycle today, but will post results

I already have the Andida "2000mAh". It ended up being slightly worse than stock. I am done with off name Chinese batteries. I hope yours ftes better than mine.

sent from my HTC Vivid using XDA app premium

W

Wild Child

Im at about 16hrs on this charge with the andida battery with 2 bars left

Attachments

• 2012-02-28_23-57-22.jpg
    2012-02-28_23-57-22.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 235
  • 2012-02-28_23-57-28.jpg
    2012-02-28_23-57-28.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:

jmone

Feb 13, 2007
No idea how legit these batts are but a promise of 2200mah for a stock sized batt had me order one. I'll post how I go when it arrives.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FEIPUSI-...224327?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item1e6a95d987

I have tested by the Stock HTC Battery and the Feipusi under the same conditions (playing videos over WiFi) with the following results as shown by the screen shots:
- HTC Stock 1650mAh Battery was at 14% after 5h Hours of playback
- Feipusi 2200 mAh was at 7% after only 3.5 hours of playback so it is infact worse (not a higher capacity) than the stock battery.

Both batteries were run flat, and then fully charged before testing.

W

Wild Child

those may not be good batch....andida have been doing well so far

jazzmoe76

Jan 2, 2012
Wauwatosa
I've Bern rolling with my stock and 2 Chinese eBay 1800 batteries. The eBay batteries definstely Sony last as long and the get to about 40% then die very quickly. They aren't the best, but for $12 I get alot more unteathered usage. I think they were worth it.

bigstout

Dec 10, 2011
Atlanta
I'm not interest in over sized extended life battery.... I hope to find a good 2200 2000 battery that actually has then same performance as it's rating.

jmone

Feb 13, 2007
I'm not interest in over sized extended life battery.... I hope to find a good 2200 2000 battery that actually has then same performance as it's rating.

Arn't we all - they shipped me another Feipusi "2200"mAh but it is like the first, shorter life than the original and it dies very quickly after about 40%

willgill

Aug 8, 2007
Dallas

bigstout, I think you're going on an endless hunt only to be disappointed. I understand you wanting better battery life in small form factor, but the battery tech isn't there yet. Sometimes the manufacturer makes the battery casing thin to get a bit more LiPo juice, but it's only slightly more and in this case, no where near 2000mah.

With current battery technology, the phones just need a larger battery. For me, the HTC One is a fail with its 1800mah battery. Make the phone 2 DANG MM LARGER AND PUT IN A 3500mah battery. All the features in the world mean nothing if it's dead.

Motorola with its RAZR MAXX ALMOST got it right. Unfortuantely Motorola can't make a phone with a decent Android experience. MotoBlur bites and the MAXX can't even do Exchange email unless you buy a 3rd party app.

My advice.... get the cheapo 3600mah or the Mugen extended battery with cover.

No matter which battery you get, you'll want the Mugen cover. The cheapo cover is worthless. You can get the Mugen cover by itself on eBay.

lostsoul1

Jan 16, 2012
I have 2 of those 3500 battery's. Its great to go 3-4 days without worrying about charging but I have to agree with willgill.. the batt covers sux. I'm trying to find a mugen one .

cougmeister

Feb 27, 2011
This is the one I have right now. Last about twice as long as the standard battery depending on usage. And like others have said, get the mugen cover. I finally bought it and it is well worth the money.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

anthromatt

Jan 2, 2008
Sacramento, CA
MotoBlur bites and the MAXX can't even do Exchange email unless you buy a 3rd party app.

The MAXX can't do Exchange? Are you sure? If so, that's a Verizon thing (I think) rather than a Motorola thing. The Atrix 2 I used, which had plenty of issues, did Exchange without a problem.

I wish HTC would just make an OEM extended battery. That is one thing Motorola is good at...providing options for power.

willgill

Aug 8, 2007
Dallas
The MAXX can't do Exchange? Are you sure? If so, that's a Verizon thing (I think) rather than a Motorola thing. The Atrix 2 I used, which had plenty of issues, did Exchange without a problem.

I wish HTC would just make an OEM extended battery. That is one thing Motorola is good at...providing options for power.

Correct, the RAZR MAXX doesn't have native Exchange. I have two coworkers that had to buy third party apps to get Exchange. It's not a Verizon thing, there just isn't a corporate email client. Touchdown works fine.

They must have improved the Exchange mail on Atrix2. It was horrible in the original Atrix.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

radi0chik

Nov 12, 2007
Dallas, TX
www.radi0chik.com
Too bad the Mugen ones aren't in white. Are there ANY aftermarket extended cases that are white? Or metal? Or anything but crappy black plastic? I have a white vivid. I don't want it to look like crap. Then again, it'd be nice to have a battery that lasts longer than 3 hours.

willgill

Aug 8, 2007
Dallas
Too bad the Mugen ones aren't in white. Are there ANY aftermarket extended cases that are white? Or metal? Or anything but crappy black plastic? I have a white vivid. I don't want it to look like crap. Then again, it'd be nice to have a battery that lasts longer than 3 hours.

Grab some Krylon Fusion paint and give it whatever color you want. The stuff is great.

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
Did anybody try the mugen 3400 mah one? I'm thinking about getting one, a little pricey though... I don't want to do the same mistake I did with my old atrix when I bought 2 cheapo chinese replacement and turned out to be a lot worse than stock, also messed up my battery stats, even after I put back the stock one... Also I should look for a flexible bumper case to go with that.

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk

brucegil

Aug 3, 2010
Birmingham
Mugen 3400 mAh Prelim Results

Did anybody try the mugen 3400 mah one? I'm thinking about getting one, a little pricey though... I don't want to do the same mistake I did with my old atrix when I bought 2 cheapo chinese replacement and turned out to be a lot worse than stock, also messed up my battery stats, even after I put back the stock one... Also I should look for a flexible bumper case to go with that.

I have the Mugen 3400 mAh battery. On the first cycle I got about 1.5 days. The second cycle was over the weekend when I didn't use it much. Got 2.5 days. On my third cycle now. Ran the music player for several hours yesterday and left WiFi on over night. Down to 52% after 24 hours. Will continue to test.

The special back is OK, but it tends to slip up just a little. Not really loose though.

Reactions: slimslim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    have you tried this?
    I ordered one yesterday. I'll let you know.
    have you tried this?

It's shipping, hoping to see it before weeks end, I'll post back once i get it and get a few days out of it
    Just recieved my 2000mah stock size battery. Fully charged out the box. Now to see if it actually out lasts the HTC stock battery. I'll report on performance in a couple days and a few charge cycles

Thanks for the update! I was about to buy a pair but I think Ill hold off!

I picked up the Anker 2 1550mah + charger combo for $17 and it has performed well. I now have 3 batteries at my disposal and has not since have to worry about power usage. The Anker charger is actually pretty good as it has the 2 prong as well as micro usb input for power, it also has a regular usb out for power bypass so you can charge battery and another device at the same time.
    Mugen 3400 mAh Prelim Results

I have the Mugen 3400 mAh battery. On the first cycle I got about 1.5 days. The second cycle was over the weekend when I didn't use it much. Got 2.5 days. On my third cycle now. Ran the music player for several hours yesterday and left WiFi on over night. Down to 52% after 24 hours. Will continue to test.

The special back is OK, but it tends to slip up just a little. Not really loose though.