Espresso Sense(SS21)V2.1! 5/31/13 UPDATE (Android: 2.3.3 + HTC Sense) W/Beats!

Search This thread

bearshare

Jun 18, 2006
If you guys can help me with fixing it im definitely gonna work on it. i dont know much bout coding and fixing errors

If I know anything about working with the ROMs, I would have not left my slide stuck with Froyo for so long. I wish I could do anything but my knowledge about this is just a little bit more than zero.
Things to do as I use it for a while: landscape mode (just like Salsa Slide rom), sometimes Sense restarts, the error acore.android...and just that. Otherwise, it's flawless. One more thing, flashing A2sd Darktremor and I lost my wifi (do need it for space).
Perhaps you should ask someone like Ohgami Ichiro, his Salsa slide is quite similar to this.
Thanks so much for doing this for us slide users.

ThEuNdYiNg1

Dec 27, 2009
jacksonville
If I know anything about working with the ROMs, I would have not left my slide stuck with Froyo for so long. I wish I could do anything but my knowledge about this is just a little bit more than zero.
Things to do as I use it for a while: landscape mode (just like Salsa Slide rom), sometimes Sense restarts, the error acore.android...and just that. Otherwise, it's flawless. One more thing, flashing A2sd Darktremor and I lost my wifi (do need it for space).
Perhaps you should ask someone like Ohgami Ichiro, his Salsa slide is quite similar to this.
Thanks so much for doing this for us slide users.

The landscape mode is not really an issue cause thats just in homescreen when you slide your keyboard out. the acore.process error happens when you sync your facebook contacts. I've been trying to fix that. Also i have put A2sd and it worked fine for me, ill make sure to put it in the next update. :)

Reactions: bearshare

bearshare

Jun 18, 2006
The landscape mode is not really an issue cause thats just in homescreen when you slide your keyboard out. the acore.process error happens when you sync your facebook contacts. I've been trying to fix that. Also i have put A2sd and it worked fine for me, ill make sure to put it in the next update. :)

A next update...are you sure? Kind of happy with that :). I dont need the landscape mode very much because I dont use the keyboard and I set the auto rotation off. I feel that this version is much smoother than the Salsa Slide. Just a few things to solve, please go on. Ah, and one more thing that similar to the Salsa Slide: device reboots (sometimes), when switching wife on and off. Just that. Waiting for the next release (this is still my daily ROM until then).

ThEuNdYiNg1

Dec 27, 2009
jacksonville
A next update...are you sure? Kind of happy with that :). I dont need the landscape mode very much because I dont use the keyboard and I set the auto rotation off. I feel that this version is much smoother than the Salsa Slide. Just a few things to solve, please go on. Ah, and one more thing that similar to the Salsa Slide: device reboots (sometimes), when switching wife on and off. Just that. Waiting for the next release (this is still my daily ROM until then).

Yh im hoping to fix these errors and release a update. im not 100% positive but im trying real hard to fix these issues. and yh i just noticed the wifi issue, just happened to me for the first time...

Reactions: bearshare

bearshare

Jun 18, 2006
Oh, 1.1, it must be new, why the forum does not notice me about that. Downloading and flashing right away. Thanks man. :)

bearshare

Jun 18, 2006
yep it is :) I didnt add apps2sd because i thought it would be better to use an app like link2sd but if you would rather prefer apps2sd, i will integrate it for you, By the way tell me if there is any more issues.

Just flashed it. Awesome as usual. However internet sharing with PC does not work. Other than that, no errors. Great. Just take some time to relax before making some minor adjustments. One step closer to the Final version I suppose. Thanks a bunch. Will report if I encounter any error.

Oakley44

Jun 23, 2010
yep it is :) I didnt add apps2sd because i thought it would be better to use an app like link2sd but if you would rather prefer apps2sd, i will integrate it for you, By the way tell me if there is any more issues.

Thanks for providing the market link for that apk. I'm about to re-nandroid back to this ROM so that I can install link2sd and try it out. My only worry is that it doesn't allow for default installation to SD and I'll have to move each of my apps from Astro manually. That was one of the reasons I liked using the S2E app for the XM-8 ROM.

ThEuNdYiNg1

Dec 27, 2009
jacksonville
Thanks for providing the market link for that apk. I'm about to re-nandroid back to this ROM so that I can install link2sd and try it out. My only worry is that it doesn't allow for default installation to SD and I'll have to move each of my apps from Astro manually. That was one of the reasons I liked using the S2E app for the XM-8 ROM.

no problem and for the defaut installation, you have to choose it in the settings of the app.

ThEuNdYiNg1

Dec 27, 2009
jacksonville
Just flashed it. Awesome as usual. However internet sharing with PC does not work. Other than that, no errors. Great. Just take some time to relax before making some minor adjustments. One step closer to the Final version I suppose. Thanks a bunch. Will report if I encounter any error.

internet sharing with pc is using mobile data on your pc right? and did it work on 1.0?

Oakley44

Jun 23, 2010
no problem and for the defaut installation, you have to choose it in the settings of the app.

So I installed 1.1 over 1.0 as well as the linktosd app and it's all good. However, since each app still runs a small amount of data internally, I still hit a wall after installing about 12 apps (as soon as the internal space gets close to 10MBs) It's just the fact that Sense ROMs eat another 100MB.

Anyway, it's super buttery smooth though and I appreciate another SALSA-like ROM for our poor MTS3G.

shahabk818

Dec 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Prefect! thanks a lot... The problem with low internal memory is also solved:)
Just one thing... what is this Dr Dre Beats for HTC? How can I get it? Is it from sensation xl?

Last edited:

bearshare

Jun 18, 2006
internet sharing with pc is using mobile data on your pc right? and did it work on 1.0?

Sorry, I checked again and internet pass-through works as a charm. One error deducted. Now, just the wifi---> error and reboot. app2sd dark tremor, and landscape mode, if you have time ;-). Brilliant work.

Last edited:

MC MILK

Jan 3, 2012
this rom is amazing! the only problem that i see is the led, when you have a notification the led always on ----

editing!

sometimes i have wifi error

Last edited:
Reactions: shahabk818

Oakley44

Jun 23, 2010
Another thing i noticed was that google talk doesnt work most of the time. You press the app icon and it logs in and logs out immediately. Any ideas ?

ThEuNdYiNg1

Dec 27, 2009
jacksonville
Prefect! thanks a lot... The problem with low internal memory is also solved:)
Just one thing... what is this Dr Dre Beats for HTC? How can I get it? Is it from sensation xl?

no problem and beats by Dr.dre are just files you add to make the sound quality better. ive tried it and on headphones songs do sound better but on speakers its bad. if you want I can try to put it in the next update :)

Reactions: shahabk818

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Espresso Sense & Espresso SS21

I am NOT responsible for any damage done to your phone

Espresso Sense is based of http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=987251

Espresso SS21 is Salsa slide updated with Espresso Sense files.

THEY CAN BE USED FOR DAILY USE!

Android: 2.3.3 (Gingerbread)
    HTC Sense: 2.1 with HTC Sense 3.0 Things like HTC LockScreen 3.0, HTC TaskManager, HTC FileManager and probably alot more that i dont know bout.

Rom = fast and smooth.

Working
    Basically everything.

NOT Working
    Landscape(when sliding out keyboard in home screen only)

When flashing do a full wipe, and id prefer doing a "system format" in mount and storage but i dont think you need to.

Youtube Video (espresso Sense 1.0 preview)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2o4VlBWaIE

I'd like to thank Ohgami_Ichiro and NBetcher for their Salsa slide rom. Also i'd like to thank ogo2

DOWNLOADS

If you would like to support my work, please use ad links instead. It takes 5 seconds then it redirects you to mediafire.
    If not, its okay, there is still regular mediafire links. :)

Newest(CURRENT)
    Espresso SS21 V2.1 Update
    Link

Espresso SS21 V2
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link

OLD
    Espresso SS21 V1-W/Beats
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link

Espresso Sense 1.1
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link

Espresso Sense 1.0
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link

Cetain Files People Wanted(Install in recovery)
    Original Launcher
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    Salsa Launcher(landscape)
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    Make Genius Button a search button instead of Facebook
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    Make Genius Button Back To Facebook
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    Extended Quick Settings W/Brightness, Media Volume, etc
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    Original Status Bar in SS21
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    Sense 4 Ringtones
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link

Changelog
    Espresso SS21 V2.1
    Mini Update
    added some build.prop tweaks
    added init.d scripts(hopefully makes it smoother
    updated beats
    some more little housekeeping work :)

Espresso SS21 V2
    fixed bluetooth
    removed Sense 4 ringtones - took up space(can download here-
    Ad Link
    Mediafire Link
    added Rom Manager
    added APPS2SD GUI APP
    changed Bootanimation.

Espresso SS21
    Added Beats Audio!
    used Salsa Slide Rom and fixed some issues by using files from Espresso Sense
    Added Sense 4 audio files
    ICS animations

Espresso Sense 1.1
    I fixed A.core processing force closing.
    I didnt add app2sd because i thought it would be better to use an app like link2sd - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD

Espresso Sense 1.0
    initial release of the port.
    Tell me what you guys think :)

INFO
    If you have horrible Internal memory in any of these roms its the dalvik cache, to fix this there is an app for that, in SS21 V2 i put the app in the rom but for older version you can download this app in the market - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elgubbo.a2sdGUI

To fix this go into the app and go to the dalvik tab and it has dalvik cache on SD-EXT check, if it doesnt, check it and click move! then let it reboot and go check you internal memory!
    sorry about the bad zip i've already fixed it and i'm going to reupload it soon

Edit: NEW LINK!!
    yh i used salsa slide system files but salsa slide has some issues that mine doesn't
    I Always do a full system wipe (Data/System/Cache/SDExt) and then did the install with both CWM 2.0.5.7 and CWM 5.5.0.4.

It would not see my SIM card, even though it's there and after restoring my backup, it was working as usual. As for Landscape, the Rosie Launcher moved to the bottom of the screen and none of the widgets (the default ones) appeared correctly.

No i mean like "format system" in mount and storage.
    And i dont know why it doesnt reads your sim card. it reads mines perfectly fine. its probably a apn thing. also for landscape yh it does that if you slide your keyboard out in homescreen only
    Update

I have a new update for you guys to test since i dont have this phone anymore, its a mini update so that means you install it after you install full V2 rom

leave feedback on what difference does it make

http://d-h.st/hH7 - update