[RECOVERY][ROOT] Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Dual SIM (GT-I9192)

Search This thread

MXP_79

Jan 17, 2009
The source for the latest kernel has not been released by Samsung. That means I can't build an insecure kernel for the latest version. However, I am looking at building a new version with arco's patch for the already existing kernel right now.

UPDATE: The patch worked (the sources were modified and the build was successful) BUT there is absolutely no improvement whatsoever. The CPU still cycles up to 800MHz while the screen is off and it does not seem to be wireless related. Regardless, it's working fine and I'll upload it along with an improved version of the root kit, to make it more user friendly.

UPDATE2: Posted the new version. Let me know how the fix works for you. The flashing procedure is simpler and more intuitive now.

Cheers,
C.

Hi
is it possible that the "GT-I9192-RootKit-v2.zip" missing the boot.img

Whitest

Oct 6, 2011
New Firmware I9192UBUAMH1 ... and the link for it. Could you build an insecure rooted Kernel with these files Cheatman?

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/239344155/a1e5144/I9192UBUAMH1_I9192UUBAMH1_TTT.zip.html

Model: GT-I9192
Version: Android 4.2.2
Changelist: 1264955
Build date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 04:35:05 +0000
Product Code: TTT
PDA: I9192UBUAMH1
CSC: I9192UUBAMH1
MODEM: I9192UBUAMH1

@ Cheatman

Here is a link to the firmware I currently use. Are you able to build a rooted unsecure Kernel for me with this file?

Hotfile Link GT-I9192UBUAMF9 TTT

fburgos

Sep 1, 2012
I think what he needs for build insecure kernel are the sources from samsung, so we'll have to wait for that, just flash xxuamf7 it will go nice

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk 4

jeozme

Oct 22, 2008
Hi guys. How can we activate our NFC? I saw that there should be an NFC chip, right?

tristone

Oct 7, 2010
Prague
If I'm not wrong, NFC is only available on the LTE model

Well, that's good question.
NFC antena is part of battery (not our battery but the i9195 one).

Maybe the chip is there and is just disabled by FW and missing battery.
The same situation can be with LTE. Is the processor different for i9190 / i9192 / i9195?

vichunni

Apr 30, 2013
Thrissur
Can I root my device......???

Hi Guyzzz...

I received my S4 mini today...my stock ROM is DDUAMF7 (Indian version)...So, can anyone please tel me whether I can use this rooting procedures to root my device... @cheatman

vichunni

Apr 30, 2013
Thrissur
Any problems if root fails.....!!

Hi friends...

I am from India...My stock rom version is DDUAMF7...I am very eager to root my device...But, I have some doubts in my mind...pls clarify them for me..
1) If I try this method and fail to root my device, will it end in a bricked device....??
2) Even if I didnt brick my device after failed to root,, Will it affect my phone in any way (performance,speed etc..)...

Pls reply friends...pls come forward with some good opinions....:)

Awaiting your replies...especially from @cheatman

Dijinn

Feb 19, 2008
São Paulo
I got the Brazilian version of i9192,

PDA = I9192UBUAMF7
CSC = I9192ZTMAMF7
MODEM = I9192UBUAMF7

Can I use this root method or should I wait for something else?

cheatman

May 21, 2007
Migration Institute
Guys,

Download a stock ROM for your model from samfirmware and keep it close by if something goes wrong. Try the root method here and if any problems appear, revert to the stock version you downloaded.

To anyone fearing a brick: that should not be a high risk. I have flashed I9195 stock ROMs on my I9192 and it didn't brick it (had errors and only one SIM working, though). So flashing should be pretty safe, but keep a stock image close by so you can recover. Also, remember that you are doing this at your own risk. Please assume all your actions and be at peace with the fact that you void your warranty and might destroy the device.

Cheers,
C.

MXP_79

Jan 17, 2009
Guys,

Download a stock ROM for your model from samfirmware and keep it close by if something goes wrong. Try the root method here and if any problems appear, revert to the stock version you downloaded.

To anyone fearing a brick: that should not be a high risk. I have flashed I9195 stock ROMs on my I9192 and it didn't brick it (had errors and only one SIM working, though). So flashing should be pretty safe, but keep a stock image close by so you can recover. Also, remember that you are doing this at your own risk. Please assume all your actions and be at peace with the fact that you void your warranty and might destroy the device.

Cheers,
C.

@cheatman

Hi can you please verify the "GT-I9192-RootKit-v2.zip" i think the the boot.img is not included!

Dijinn

Feb 19, 2008
São Paulo
Just rooted my device, works like charm.
@cheatman here comes the noob question: How can I uninstall the KNOX things so it stops asking me to reboot my device? =P

Whosat

May 9, 2013
Get a root file explorer such as ES File Explorer on the Play Store.

Press Menu - Tools - Root Explorer - Mount R/W

Choose RW for /system

Browse to /system/apps

Delete the following files:
KNOXAgent.apk
KNOXStore.apk
ContainerAgent.apk

Once done, do the first steps and change /system back to RO and reboot your phone.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376540954750.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376540954750.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 216

Dijinn

Feb 19, 2008
São Paulo
Get a root file explorer such as ES File Explorer on the Play Store.

Press Menu - Tools - Root Explorer - STORE. R/W

Choose RW for /system

Browse to /system/apps

Delete the following files:
KNOXAgent.apk
KNOXStore.apk
ContainerAgent.apk

Once done, do the first steps and change /system back to RO and reboot your phone.

Thanks, @Whosat ! I actually used Titanium Backup to uninstall them... The problem was to discover that SEAndroid is actually KNOXStore.apk

What I'm not understanding right now is why SD Maid cleaner can't read my files on it's explorer... I always used it in all my old android phones, but it seems that i9192 has issues with it... Lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I finally made it with the rooting of the Galaxy S4 Mini Dual Sim variant (GT-I9192 model / SerranoDS)
    Use the files attached and the procedure below to achieve root on your device.

Code:
    This process and the files in this post will void your warranty. 
    You are responsible for your actions.
    Using these modifications might render your device unusable. 
    Only proceed if you are comfortable with this fact.

WARNING: Do not use this procedure for any other device than the GT-I9192 (the dual sim model)!!!
    This rooted kernel is for the XXUAMF7 stock ROM and it may or may not work correctly with other stock versions.

This root/recovery was only tested on EURO / AFRICA models of the I9192. Other regions may not be compatible.

Onto the procedure:

• Download and extract the kernel, recovery & ODIN flashing utility "ROOT_I9192_CWM6_Kernel.zip" and save it to your computer from here. The recovery image was initially created by arco68 (thanks and credits go to him for the recovery!)
    • Download and copy the "GT-I9192-RootKit-v2.zip" to your device SD card, from here.
    • Turn off the phone.
    • Press and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear.
    • Connect USB cable, and press volume up.
    • Start Odin, make sure "F. Reset Time" is not checked, and then click PDA button to select the recovery image.
    • Select "ROOT_I9192_CWM6_Kernel.tar" file, and press Start button. The phone will reboot when finished flashing a new kernel and recovery.
    • Reboot into recovery mode and select the option to install the ZIP file you have previously copied to your device and begin flashing it.
    • After flashing using CWM, reboot into system and enjoy your rooted device.

Root procedure functionality:

Code:
    - Root access (obviously)
    - Insecure boot process (early adb/logcat, QtAdb support, adb root support)
    - Insecure kernel (disabled Samsung setuid prevention mechanisms - credits go to arco68!)

Note: After rooting you will get notifications about applications doing not permitted actions. This is a good thing, meaning that Samsung has properly implemented the security features of this device, features that we are trying to defeat. To get rid of this notification freeze/disable or remove the following three packages:

Code:
    - KNOXAgent.apk
    - KNOXStore.apk
    - ContainerAgent.apk

That's it, you warranty is now void! Have fun with your device! And keep those thanks coming to show your support for the device development.

Cheers,
    C.
    i trying to make custom kernel , i downloaded the sources from samsung open source, but these sources doesn't create the wifi modules, i tried hard to make wifi working but there is no success yet.
    contacted to samsung open source comunity for new sources but nothing happened till now.

i try to make custom rom as soon.
    ROOT-soultion for any Kernel

Hi,

today I've tried to root my new S4 Mini Dual-SIM and after hours and lot reboots I've found a methode how it works for any installed kernel!

I've not used the files in this post but from the XDA-Developer arco68 and modified this a little with current versions.
    So, I've packed all tools you need in a zip-file, a how-to and solutions for recurring problems during the root-process in german and english too.

Also I've describes a solution for the KNOX-problem. Here you have to use the adb shell terminal-windows. (is describes how.)

The package contains:
    - Odin v3.09
    - S4Mini-RootKit v3
    - CWM v6.0.4.4
    - ADB Toolkit

Now, here's a short overview about the root-steps:

Code:
    1) copy the "S4Mini_RootKit_v3.zip" from folder-"02" to your SD-card

2) turn off your phone

3) press this combination: HOME + VOLUME DOWN + POWER
       The screen should show you the download-mode

4) connect your phone with PC and agree with button: VOLUME UP

5) Start the Odin-Flash-Tool; remove hook on "F. Reset Time" and press
        the "AP"-button.

6) pick the file "recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.4-serranodsub.tar.md5" from
        folder-"03" into "AD" and press the start-button.
        The phone will reset after flash.

7) after the reset (the phone is vibrating) IMMADIATE press the buttons
        HOME + VOLUME UP to boot into the Recovery-mode

8) Chose "install ZIP-file" --> the copied zip-file from pt.1!

9) after installation of RootKit, the phone restarts itself.

10) Enjoy your rooted phone.

Ok.
    Than have fun with your new rooted phone!

[Scrab] :cowboy:
    @cheatman, there's a patch recently released by Qualcomm, which I have applied to the CM kernel, that might help with battery drain some are having. This patch should be ok to be applied to stock kernel as well.

https://github.com/arco/android_ker...mmit/bf1b0bedc4cc05d2b023d8344637d97bf172f9bf
    https://github.com/arco/android_ker...mmit/359bed96c73133a777ef4fd8812794ff96c80b62
    Yes

Here is it - manual for gettin ROOT and CWMR in one operation:

1. Download programs:
    SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.9.0.exe
    UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip
    recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.3-serranoltexx.tar.zip
    Odin_v3.07.zip
    (I use it) or Odin_v3.09.zip
    Samsung Kies

2. UnRAR if necessary and install on your Comp programs SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.9.0.exe and Samsung KIES (all them must be run As Administrator), then restart your Comp. And you'd better use fully charged laptop.
    attachment.php

3. Unzip programs Odin_v3.07.zip & recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.3-serranoltexx.tar.zip (in one folder in a place you can easily find on C: drive of your Comp).
    Turn OFF antivirus program, Samsung KIES and al KIES-related processes (from Task Manager)
    attachment.php

4. Copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip in your Phone, in directory “storage/emulated/0” on SD card.
    attachment.php

5. Charge your phone battery at least till 75% (sometimes process lasts long and kills weak batteries). Turn off the phone. Press simultaneously and hold home, volume down and power. Download screen should appear (text and yellow triangle). Release buttons.
    Connect USB cable (you'd better use original tested cable and plug it into mounted-on-Motherboard USB nest, it's quite critical)
    If necessary, wait till drivers are installed on Comp again, then press volume up - you'll see green Android.
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

6. Start Odin (run As Administrator), make sure that you see small yellow window (or blue one, depending on Odin) stating number of COM-port in upper left corner of the interface, Uncheck "Auto Reboot" then click PDA button to select the recovery image.
    Select "recovery-clockwork-6.0.3.3-serranoltexx.tar.md5" file, and press Start button.
    attachment.php

7. Wait till you see word “PASS” in left corner. Do not do anything before it appears.
    attachment.php

8. Remove USB cable and then remove and install back battery on your phone.
    NOTE: In theory if your device was already rooted it must remain, but practically I've heard a lot about problems with correct working of programs with root access after installation of CWM, so you'd better continue with the Rooting procedure:

9. Do NOT turn the phone ON, just simultaneously hold power, volume up and home buttons to boot into recovery mode.
    Select the option "install zip” (navigation by “volume up/down”, choose/install using “home”, back with “power”), then “choose zip from sdcard”, then “0/” and chose “UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip”, say “YES - Install UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip”, wait till all is done.

10. Go back using “Power” button and chose “reboot system now”, say “YES” if it asked something additionally.

11. After reboot you can enjoy your rooted device with CWM. You'll see icon of the programm SuperSU in your Apps.
    attachment.php

12. You can Enter CWM Recovery by turning your phone off and pushing simultaneously power, volume up and home buttons. Hold them till you fill vibration and see blue words "RECOVERY BOOTING", then release buttons, wait till you see light-blue menu on grey and use it :)
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

P.S. All above-mentioned steps were checked on my own i9192 and made using HP laptop running Win7 x64. All photos/screens made by my goodself :cowboy: Links to programs are in the top - just click on them :)