Galaxy Note 4.3 update as of 12/9/13 - discuss all 4.3 upgrade issues here

Search This thread

nbetcher

Jan 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Last edited:

hasbrobot

May 22, 2010
I wonder what feature I'm NOT going to get...

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

run Triangle away and enable tracking and reboot (if you are already turn off tracking > reboot > turn on tracking > reboot ~ status should be normal now).

Just wanted to thank you. I checked tracking and modified finally went away. I always just reset the counter with triangle away and at some point it stopped working. But this restored status back to normal.

Thanks

Why is the right door always locked?

hasbrobot

May 22, 2010
My wife's is getting the update as we speak.
ysesy8um.jpg

Why is the right door always locked?

mattlowry

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Valley View, TX
Ya bud thanks for the heads up. I've been watching it this morning. I usually don't get then from sammobile do they post the full firmware so I can run Odin. I'm going to put my phone to stock and get a feel for it while I work on my little project. That way I know the bugs on stock

Yes you can but I would wait until the bootloader gets ptched because I have heard bad things about knox

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

ardcifliku

Jun 8, 2010
Harpos Concert Theatre Detroit
aragy3y9.jpg
Ok.im rooted but I still can get the update. So my question is, after the update my phone is still rooted or I have to wait until mr Robinson give as the link on his thread.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386602905663.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386602905663.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 490

Keyan

Dec 8, 2010
well i finally got the damn phone to redownload update.zip and when it rebooted itself and tried to install, it failed. i am running a stock injected root. i hope that isnt the problem.

Reactions: ungraph

Keyan

Dec 8, 2010
You do still have stock recovery, correct?

no idea, but i am currently downloading a stock image that i can hopefully just flash over everything and then proceed with the normal 4.3 update. i had no use for root other than TiBu. and i never really used it.

Last edited:

bryancotton84

Dec 4, 2010
Michigan
I just went through KIES and everything worked great. Was running CM 10.2 and flashed the update from KIES and it worked perfectly. Running 4.3 now.

blazinazn

Nov 17, 2008
Yes you can but I would wait until the bootloader gets ptched because I have heard bad things about knox

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

So if you flash a root injected update that Mr. Robinson provides, will you be able to remove Knox? I've been trying to do some research but I'm a little confused. :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any way someone can extract just the modem from this? If I'm not mistaken that will allow us to use it with AT&T & international edition ROMs w/o the data drop issue. :good:

Here is the modem http://www.mediafire.com/download/5hrw5zr7hh4mnmt/T889UVUCMK7_Modem-Dec_9_13.zip md5 d4c83d93a438a923084b939014819e82

kernel http://www.mediafire.com/download/f3wqg8r40eb2xy7/T889UVUCMK7_Kernel-Dec_9_13.zip md5 832eb09239d64f2c2225f3c9ce6fc9e9
    Here's the mirror link, Thanks owlensteed for Mediafire hosting :)...https://www.mediafire.com/?dafr7vvawd0naq3

9 minutes is much better than 1 hour 40 minutes
    Uploading deodexed rooted Knox free to dev-host now

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
    FYI Ladies and Gentlemen,

The GS3 crowd has found that attempting to rollback to a previous version of android (such as 4.1.2) can cause brick like symptoms due to the new bootloader that gets installed via official update methods. They found that if you go back to the 4.3 version that you can get the phone back...

They also found that the modem and rom can be installed via recovery once the devs give it their treatment and the old bootloaders stays and works fine.

TreveE and other tethering options either don't work or are not great just yet but there are some options that can be flashed via recovery to get thethering back. They figured out how to get it to work on their device. Might not work for us but it might start the thought process regarding how to get it working. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2553066

I'd bet that their experiences will be repeated with our devices...

Dr ketan from the n7100 has patched the bootloader so you can flash free ly and have wifi

Modem/kernel combo doesn't work with skynote 9 Not losing data but no wifi

Its the kernel. Use devil kernel to fix WiFi until the the boot loader gets patched

Should have read ur comment before I tried to go back to 4.1.2. T_T, I tried, and it failed. And since I dont have iinternet @ my house (was using hotspot) I had to scurry around everywhere with my laptop to redownload the new 4.3 :/

After I get the ROM downloaded from sammobile (probably tomorrow) I will get with Dr ketan to get our boot loader patched.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
    sucks that we ste a few weeks away from any good custom rom

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

#firstworldpains

Lol I had to, sorry :)

Speaking for myself - I am incredibly slow, so if one considered anything I came up with as a "good custom rom" your statement is actually a best-case scenario and likely is underestimating it a bit. BUT - there are a handful of others out there that are not anywhere near as slow and have all appearances of generating their own twists on this newest update, and I have every confidence that they will come in far under your "few weeks" estimation. When things are pushed out too fast - problems emerge. When things are pushed out too slow - it elicits an annoyed-waiting scenario for folks. The happy medium varies by individual, but the reality is the update is only a few days old... it does take a LITTLE time regardless of a particular tinkerer's skill/speed/efficiency. My money is that by the end of next week there will be a few options available for folks to play with. In the meantime... root + xposed + wanam/gravitybox should ease the wait :)