developing kernel

Search This thread

vladmir

May 6, 2012
Porto
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
the kernel source is already available, I think.

here is the link

http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/index
You are right, now we need some dev to add features and tweaks and compile the kernel.
I don't have knowledge for that, but I will be a tester, I have the E986 model This is a great device, unfortunately with a small community? and for me a a good custom kernel is the base for a good custom Rom!

Anyone going for this challenge?

fafalafafa

Jul 14, 2014
You are right, now we need some dev to add features and tweaks and compile the kernel.
I don't have knowledge for that, but I will be a tester, I have the E986 model This is a great device, unfortunately with a small community? and for me a a good custom kernel is the base for a good custom Rom!

Anyone going for this challenge?

yes, that's unfortunate news. Unlike other platforms like galaxy, and/or xperia, they have their own custom kernels and more than what we have for our device. if there is someone going for it I would like to help the development.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,
    First of all I don't know where thi thread should be. so, mods please spare me.
    I have been compiling (Developing) kernel for a week now and I compiled 2 kernels from cm11 source and also from cm10.2 source using NDK toolchain4.6 (as 4.8 gives me some errors) .
    I got zImage and also modules.I thought I will make a flashable zip but I don't have any other files and also I don't have source for any rom.so i pulled out boot.img from the AICP release 5.0 RC and packed my zImage in to a boot.img (renamed zImage to boot.img-kernel) and tried to put that boot.img and modules in to AICP zip folder and flash but everytime it gets stuck in LG logo.there could be many reasons for this as i am using a very crude method to put boot.img and modules files in to a rom zip and also it could be the kernel itself.I can't flash it in fastboot mode as my device won't stay in fastboot.
    SO if anyone wants to try if this kernel works or not,please flash the provided boot.img in your device fastboot and let me know.If it works then i can go on making changes and adding OC ,governors and all.

BTW you know that normal XDA slogan so i won't repeat.
    boot.img
    Wat steps did u take as in making the image
    Am making a kernel for stock KitKat sphinx
    I believe the recoveries provided through FreeGee are already lokified.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app
    Any progress with the kernel?