Otterbox Defender vs Trident Kraken II [10/19 update]

Search This thread

kvswim

Mar 25, 2011
Fort Worth, TX
Cut it out? Sounds like a job for someone with steadier nerves than I. So I take it that it wasn't meant to be removed... Okay, does the existing screen protector degrade the clarity or touch sensitivity of this beautiful super AMOLED screen?

Sensitivity, no. clarity, maybe. Depends how well you apply the case.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

luis86dr

May 27, 2009
Jersey
Anyone have issues removing the hard shell casing on the defender? If not let me know how to remove it safely. Feel like I'm going to break the damn thing.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

Paddington

Dec 19, 2011
Have you looked at the Otterbox Commuter for the charge?

Not as "industrial-strength" as the Defender, but extremely well made and it does a great job of protecting the phone while still leaving all buttons and slots/openings usab;e and/or easily accessible....

This is what I have. I have dropped my phone over 200 times, and not one single scratch to the screen or plastic. Hell, there aren't really even scratches on my Otterbox.

My biggest problem is when I am driving, I keep my phone in my lap. I use it for music and don't want to dig in my pocket when I get a call. 90% of the time I get out of my vehicle, I forget about it, and it drops straight to the concrete. This $35 Commuter series Otterbox has saved me hundreds in replacement parts/phones.

But as other people were saying, the phone itself is very well made. My friend shattered three Thunderbolts before convincing Verizon to give him a Charge. He dropped the Charge the same way multiple times before buying a case, but superficial scratches to the case are all that happened.