[ROM][GEE/B] UNOFFICIAL CyanogenMOD 11 [1-25-15]

Search This thread

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
Disclaimer
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices.
Builds are provided AS-IS.

UNOFFICIAL
CyanogenMOD 11
gee base for the LG Optimus G

BEFORE INSTALLING
Make a backup of your current ROM and APPS!
Make backups of your EFS with FreeGee and save them everywhere you can.
Factory Reset may be required if coming from stock ls970/e970/e975/e973 ROMS
Flashing from official CM ROM without wiping *might* be possible (no guarantee)

Keep Aroma Filemanager handy (flash in recovery to run)​

Known Issue
NONE! :victory:
Check post #2 if you have any problems
Thanks to
ThatKawaiiGuy
xboxfanj
chadouming
houst0nn
Shelnutt2
bbelos
autoprime
sextape
artlan
mathkid95
JustinXu
gearslam
JollaMan
faust93
And Many more (will add if missing)
Download Link
AT&T and Canada models require GEEB kernels.
ROM: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=14867&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

Change log

Matr1x-MOD v14.2c Kernels (new camera driver)
GEE - Sprint/International
GEEB - AT&T/Canada
Note: MOD Kernels use the YCRYCB MDP and Rotator Format and are required for this ROM.
Here are the NORMAL versions of Matr1x v14.2/c for other ROMS

Other compatible kernels:
Jolla-kernel
FrancoMOD
AK-xGenesis

Recommended:
PA Gapps - NANO MODULAR PACKAGE
Take care BaNkS, your work was greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
Problems? Solutions!

Data connection problems:
Simple:
If you unlocked with Freegee, Hopefully you have an EFS backup that you can restore. Reboot when done.
Check bottom of post to get Freegee to work.

Technical:
Grab a stock ROM for your device
Make a recovery backup of your CM ROM.
Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache.
Flash the stock ROM
Update PRL, update profile, get a strong GPS lock (GPS status & toolbox app)
If data hasn't returned at this point then you have a corrupted EFS. Hopefully you've unlocked with freegee and have an EFS backup that you can restore.
Restore recovery backup of CM.

Crash loops after enabling ART: use Aroma Filemanager or TWRP filemanager or adb shell to delete '/data/property/persist.sys.dalvik.vm.lib'
then reboot

android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly: make backups of contacts, go to 'settings>apps>all>Contacts Storage' and clear data. reboot to recovery and wipe dalvik and cache.

Freegee saying device is detected as LG-gee and unsupported: edit /system/build.prop and change "ro.product.model=LG-gee" to your phone's model. Like the following example:
SPRINT EXAMPLE ONLY:
ro.product.model=LG-LS970

Last edited:

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Disclaimer
Your warranty is now void.
I am not responsible for bricked devices.
Builds are provided AS-IS.

UNOFFICIAL
CyanogenMOD 11
gee base

BEFORE INSTALLING
Make a backup of your current ROM!
Factory Reset may be required if coming from official/gproj/ls970 ROMS

Change log:
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged,n,z

Another thanks to ThatkawaiiGuy for helping me set up the builds

Good job brother, about to give it a whirl in a few. Since this is unofficial, would you take any feature requests? Would love to see Halo cherry-picked into the ROM, if ya could please!

Sent from my Google using Tapatalk

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
Good job brother, about to give it a whirl in a few. Since this is unofficial, would you take any feature requests? Would love to see Halo cherry-picked into the ROM, if ya could please!

Sent from my Google using Tapatalk

Sorry, but no modifications will be made outside of the kernel being used.
The goal is just to have vanilla CM11 with the gee base.

Reactions: iamterence

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but what is the difference between this "Gee" base and the official Cyanogenmod base? I'm not trying to be rude, I really want to know. Sorry if it seems that way.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but what is the difference between this "Gee" base and the official Cyanogenmod base? I'm not trying to be rude, I really want to know. Sorry if it seems that way.

You can flash all the AOSP kernels we have on this build instead of the official gproj build.

Sent from my LG-gee using Tapatalk

Reactions: Whiplashh

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008

Questions are good.

Gee - is based on the nexus4's latest kit Kat 4.4.2 sources and is also much more closer to a nexus 4 than an optimus g.
I find this base to be better performing; a very noticeable difference with 3D games and emulators such as FPSe and Mugen64AE.

Official-CM/gproj/ls970 - is based on nexus4's older jellybean 4.2 sources and is more like an optimus g than a nexus 4.
This base has IMO a better display color profile and lower frame latency with 2D apps.

You cannot use an official-CM/gproj/ls970 kernel on a gee based rom.
You cannot use a gee kernel on an official-CM/gproj/ls970 based rom.

Last edited:

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Questions are good.

Gee - is based on the nexus4's latest kit Kat 4.4.2 sources and is also much more closer to a nexus 4 than an optimus g.
I find this base to be better performing; a very noticeable difference with 3D games and emulators such as FPSe and Mugen64AE.

Official-CM/gproj/ls970 - is based on nexus4's older jellybean 4.2 sources and is more like an optimus g than a nexus 4.
This base has IMO a better display color profile and lower frame latency with 2D apps.

You cannot use an official-CM/gproj/ls970 kernel on a gee based rom.
You cannot use a gee kernel on an official-CM/gproj/ls970 based rom.

Thank you for the response everyone! It helped a lot.
I have just a few more, I am sorry. So basically this is for Gee kernels and a slight better performance? Might try this out now. Is there any major bugs? And I know this varies from person to person, but is battery life on GEE based suppose to be better?

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
Thank you for the response everyone! It helped a lot.
I have just a few more, I am sorry. So basically this is for Gee kernels and a slight better performance? Might try this out now. Is there any major bugs? And I know this varies from person to person, but is battery life on GEE based suppose to be better?

-Whiplashh

Correct.

The only bug I've run into is ART causing crash loops.

Battery life might depend on the kernel. Right now I build with xboxfanj's matr1x.

I plan on switching over to ThatKawaiiGuy's Franco kernel once the cpu governor bug is fixed and tested.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Correct.

The only bug I've run into is ART causing crash loops.

Battery life might depend on the kernel. Right now I build with xboxfanj's matr1x.

I plan on switching over to ThatKawaiiGuy's Franco kernel once the cpu governor bug is fixed and tested.

Thank you for the ROM and the quick replies.

Well then looks like this will be my daily then if it is a little fast version of CM11. :)
Good thing art is the only major bug, since I don't really use it. :)

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Even though this is plain ol' vanilla CM11, the conversion to Gee sources has made this ROM GODLIKE. I don't know if its a combination of Gee sources + the aosp kernels we have, but this runs so much better than the gproj version. Kinda almost makes me wish official CM11 would be converted to Gee, but I know we have some folks whose phones hates Gee ROMs, haha.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

PartimusPrime

Apr 30, 2012
San Antonio
www.youtube.com
Even though this is plain ol' vanilla CM11, the conversion to Gee sources has made this ROM GODLIKE. I don't know if its a combination of Gee sources + the aosp kernels we have, but this runs so much better than the gproj version. Kinda almost makes me wish official CM11 would be converted to Gee, but I know we have some folks whose phones hates Gee ROMs, haha.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Mine used to hate gee ROMs but now gproj ROMs give me data issues. But yeah this version of CM11 is sweet!

Sent from my LG-gee using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Whiplashh

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
After flashing this rom, I will say it is A LOT more responsive! Loving it. Only bug I see is in camera, the image in portrait is very skinny and in landscape the image is very stretched out. But I am on 4/03 and it could just be a cyanogenmod issue. Just thought I would address it. The laggyness cm11 gave me (not so much lag, it just felt like my phone wasn't responding as fast as it would on stock) made me keep going back to stock. Now that this version is out, it runs much better. Thank you mike. :)

Edit: Correction, the picture comes out correct when you snap it. It is just the camera app that looks wonky, but the picture comes out fine. A work around for the non stretched preview is change the MP to 12.8 instead of 13

-Whiplashh

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts