[Q] 4.4.3 vs 4.4.2

Search This thread

tinhsoftware

Apr 27, 2012
Google Pixel 7
I am running stock rooted room 4.4.2. So far, I am quite happy with speed, battery on the room. Yesterday, I received an update notification to 4.4.3. What do you think, should I update my nexus 5 to 4.4.3?

tasty-xda

Apr 14, 2010
I've heard that the notification LED borks in the 4.4.3 update. Is that true even when using Lite Flow for notification monitoring & color assignment?

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
I am running stock rooted room 4.4.2. So far, I am quite happy with speed, battery on the room. Yesterday, I received an update notification to 4.4.3. What do you think, should I update my nexus 5 to 4.4.3?
I don't know what carrier your on.I can speak from 5 nexus 5's(family) 2 on T-Mobile (friend's) we all have garbage signal garbage 3g/LTE handoff both carriers.My data just vanishes... great battery fix though.. But how good is that if we(family friends can't call or text) I actually went back to 4.4.2 to compare my wife's n5 on 4.4.3 and mine.After about a 15 minute drive we came home and I reinstalled 4.4.2 back on hers.

kabini

Aug 2, 2013
Calgary
From what I heard from the only visible change is the new dialler app.
Apart front that there are several bug fixes being pushed in 4.4.3
Also under the hood security improvements for SELinux have been put in place - According to Chainfire 4.4.3 is supposed to more secure than 4.4.2 due to these changes.

mark2410

May 26, 2010
i agree, the new dialer is just horrible. looks horrible and just feels broken, the usability of it is horrible and this "we only accept US numbers" thing is just ridiculous. it used to work and pull up where the area code originated at least. this "FU youre not american" attitude coming out of google is really, really beginning to piss me off

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
i agree, the new dialer is just horrible. looks horrible and just feels broken, the usability of it is horrible and this "we only accept US numbers" thing is just ridiculous. it used to work and pull up where the area code originated at least. this "FU youre not american" attitude coming out of google is really, really beginning to piss me off

Google starts all the products as US only first. It's always been like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mark2410

May 26, 2010
Google starts all the products as US only first. It's always been like that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

so?

i understand that different systems mean its sensible to start with one and go from there but there is no good reason to break things that worked. i mean who anywhere in google thought that slapping up the message "only works with US numbers" was in any possible way constructive or useful to anyone??????? if it doesnt work with the number then just have it do nothing for gods sake and just display the number.

mark2410

May 26, 2010
well yes i am annoyed. they went out of their way to break something. much like google wallet, where they actively work to not allow it to work outside the US.

its getting really tiresome

Reactions: danarama

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
I've heard that the notification LED borks in the 4.4.3 update. Is that true even when using Lite Flow for notification monitoring & color assignment?

Before 4.4.3 my phone wouldn't blink the notification LED on occasion, it seemed to happen when the phone had been in deep sleep for prolonged periods of time.

However, since the update it hasn't missed any. So for my case the notification LED functionality seems to have been improved. However, it has never blinked for my missed calls either before or after the update. I just assume it's not meant to though I'd like it to, given the option.

Last edited:

tasty-xda

Apr 14, 2010
Before 4.4.3 my phone wouldn't blink the notification LED on occasion, it seemed to happen when the phone had been in deep sleep for prolonged periods of time.

However, since the update it hasn't missed any. So for my case the notification LED functionality seems to have been improved. However, it has never blinked for my missed calls either before or after the update. I just assume it's not meant to though I'd like it to, given the option.

Ah. I've got mine set so that it will blink after a missed call, but not the VM in 4.4.2 via Light Flow.

I've got some time later tonight or tomorrow to play with it, may do a nandroid backup and flash it. Any problems with dropping the 4.4.3 full rom over top of a 4.4.2 install? I know google had a 74mb delta update, but I can't find that anywhere here so I'm using the next best option of the full rom...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well yes i am annoyed. they went out of their way to break something. much like google wallet, where they actively work to not allow it to work outside the US.

its getting really tiresome