Returns / Replacements / Refunds

Search This thread

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
I have recently returned my Find 7a for a refund due to the 'yellow screen' issue and wonder what experience people have had with returning their phones to Oppo.

I find their Customer Service pretty slow to respond, but are generally good when they do. I sent mine back on 23rd May and not heard since, so wonder if anyone has managed to get a replacement, or a refund and if so how long it took?

tasar

Mar 17, 2007
I also send mine back on 23.5 (from germany), delivered on 27.5.
Yesterday i ask, about the next step.
Today i get this answer from Oppo:
>I would like to inform you that we are now able confirm the arrival of your device.
>However, we regret to let you know that the Find 7a is currently out of stock
> in Midnight, therefore we are unable to send the replacement right away.
>We would like to offer you two options; you may wait for new stock to
>arrive which will take a few weeks, we have the White instock
> or request refund for your order so once
>we have it in stock you can place a new order.

Reactions: tork987 and L0cke

badrsj

Jan 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Are you both the original buyers, I've got mine off eBay and device seems to have screen sensitivity problems, misinterpreting between swipes and taps, I'm wondering if they'll replace it?

Sent from my Find7a using Tapatalk

tonybhoy

Jan 27, 2011
glasgow
ive just got an email with attachments to download and print then send it away for replacement,would rather have my money back tbh

tropical cactus

Jan 18, 2009
Georgetown
Are you both the original buyers, I've got mine off eBay and device seems to have screen sensitivity problems, misinterpreting between swipes and taps, I'm wondering if they'll replace it?

Sent from my Find7a using Tapatalk

This was a bug but has been fixed by update 0530. If you haven't got it yet, try changing touch and hold delay to medium or long in accessibility setting. The problem will go away.

tasar

Mar 17, 2007
Are you both the original buyers

No, i have buy it from first purchaser. When i read the warranty right, only the second year of warranty is only for the first purchaser.
My "new" is now in shipping status, but now i read from other that the dont fix the yellow tint display... but iam wait and see when my was arriving.
When it has the same faulty display iam send it back agin and then i want back the money.

riz157

May 23, 2008
London
I've got touch screen issue it's very annoying. What's yellow tint?
I've had mine for a month but want to return due to touch issues and battery drain, it sucks.

Doc Ames

Aug 18, 2012
Bloomington, MN
I've got touch screen issue it's very annoying. What's yellow tint?
I've had mine for a month but want to return due to touch issues and battery drain, it sucks.

The yellow tint is something that many users are noticing. The bottom portion of the display has a yellow tint to it. Most users that notice the yellow tint say that's it's most noticeable it the bottom left. It seems like most, if not all, phones are affected with the yellow tint to varying degrees. Oppo has stated publicly that it is a backlight issue and that it will be resolved. However users who have received replacement phones are still reporting a yellow tint. As your touch screen and battery issues, those are most likely software related. If you want to know for sure flash Gummy or OmniRom. To test the touch screen go into developer options and check the "Show pointer location" option. Drag your finger all over the screen. If your touch input is lost then the trail will stop and start anew. I would consider waiting to have your unit replaced. People who just got a replacement from a new batch are still reporting display issues. If you can't perceive the yellow tint then you are one of the lucky ones. I sent my back for the yellow tint and my replacement is on it's way back. I will post to this thread when I receive it.

tasar

Mar 17, 2007
I send back my first device with the yellow tint, the new one (build 19.05.14) comes last week and it was worse then the first one.
The picture is from my first device, please notice that my camera wasnt good enough and in reality it was more visible as you see on the picture

Attachments

• 20140518_200715.jpg
    20140518_200715.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 111

badrsj

Jan 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
My Oppo find 7a was an ebay buy - and man o man - It had all sorts of troubles - auto-reboots, bluetooth issues, screen sensitivity issues - ghost taps - and yellow screen. I had to file ebay claim to return it.

test9k

Sep 22, 2012
Is build quality that bad?

I was excited about this phone, but after reading through all the problems in this thread i'm concerned.
Would you guys still recommend this device ?

badrsj

Jan 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I absolutely do not recommend this telephone there is nothing that you cannot do with any cyanogen mod enabled devicewhat additionally the quality control has been horrible, save some money and get a note 2 or 3 if you want hd

Reactions: test9k

MrColdbird

Nov 25, 2011
www.black-seraph.com
I can recommend it but agree that main steamer might want to stick to different devices due to the stock experience being quite a bumpy ride for newcomer to the whole flashing scene.

Reactions: test9k

badrsj

Jan 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I do not recommend this device becauseeee

1- Compare to the average price i.e. 450 give or take 25 bucks - you can get a T-Mo Note 3 - which is a much more capable device.
2- The quality issues on this device are atrocious.
3- The return experience is unpleasant.
4 - This device is unlikely to get as much support and accessories as Note 3 is. The only thing this device does better is "knock knock" on - which you can simulate with an S-Cover.

I am sorry - the quality of this phone as really turned me off

Reactions: tasar and test9k

test9k

Sep 22, 2012
I absolutely do not recommend this telephone there is nothing that you cannot do with any cyanogen mod enabled devicewhat additionally the quality control has been horrible, save some money and get a note 2 or 3 if you want hd

I can recommend it but agree that main steamer might want to stick to different devices due to the stock experience being quite a bumpy ride for newcomer to the whole flashing scene.

1- Compare to the average price i.e. 450 give or take 25 bucks - you can get a T-Mo Note 3 - which is a much more capable device.
4 - This device is unlikely to get as much support and accessories as Note 3 is. The only thing this device does better is "knock knock" on - which you can simulate with an S-Cover.

Thanks for your honest opinion. This device had so much potential, but obviously it's not quite there yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also send mine back on 23.5 (from germany), delivered on 27.5.
    Yesterday i ask, about the next step.
    Today i get this answer from Oppo:
    >I would like to inform you that we are now able confirm the arrival of your device.
    >However, we regret to let you know that the Find 7a is currently out of stock
    > in Midnight, therefore we are unable to send the replacement right away.
    >We would like to offer you two options; you may wait for new stock to
    >arrive which will take a few weeks, we have the White instock
    > or request refund for your order so once
    >we have it in stock you can place a new order.
    I do not recommend this device becauseeee

ive just got an email with attachments to download and print then send it away for replacement,would rather have my money back tbh

you can also ask for refund:

http://europe.oppostyle.com/content/11-terms-of-service