[Survey] Android 4.1 vs 4.3

Which type of ROM are you using on your device?

• Total voters
Search This thread

mrjraider

Jul 1, 2012
Hi,

Because we all have diffrent opninion about our Sony Xperia SP I would like to do a very small reseach.
With this very easy poll I just want the next question answered:
  • Are you running official 4.1.2 or 4.3.x?
If you are running a custom ROM (CM, PA or even stockbased) answer Custom ROM..

If you have answerd the question please let me know in a comment:
Tell which one you have chosen (perhaps even the build number of the version you run) and wheter you are happy with it or not!

Thanks!

OP will kickoff:

I have chosen for Stock Sony 4.3.x. I am not that happy with it because it still has a few bugs. I do however am happy because Sony finnaly took the time to update it after delay and more delay. Now we are just waiting for KitKat.

Last edited:
Reactions: sanaka

zincir

Feb 18, 2014
I'm running 4.3, without much talk it's just the best choice right now since many bugs have been fixed and it does come with some pretty nice features

QBerto

Sep 30, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I'm in 4.3.... every OS have bugs, but at least with 4.3 you have more features here and there and thats why is better that stay in a old OS version

Also last update just let me little visual bugs (install app bar), GPS (not the big deal) and Wifi (well Wifi range sucks since 4.1)

NestorC

Nov 11, 2013
Happy with stock 4.3 latest fw, much better than previous updates. No lag here, so its good for me after all those laggy updates.

penn.gwyn

Jun 12, 2014
I had lag issues with all versions of the stock ROM I've tried. After testing a whole bunch of custom ROMs I've settled on CM 10.1. While it is not exactly cutting edge, it has been out of active development for many months, it is rock solid and stable.

rents1977

Apr 2, 2014
I use stock 4.3 as camera is important to me. I found PA 4.4.4 to be the fastest rom for me, but I want to be able to control ISO manually on my camera. I tried various versions of 4.3 and decided to stick with my carrier version (O2 UK). Once towel rooted and debloated I find it to be very fast and stable. More so than the various deodex stock roms on the forum.

ShinOrochiX

Mar 7, 2012
London
Yea I am also on the .205 4.3 firmware, I am UK customised, one of the last to get it but it is good. I fixed the uninstall glitch with a fixed package installer apk, only issue I have experienced is battery drain due to location services and lower ram (compared with 4.1.2).

classicalpunk

Aug 2, 2014
Saint-Omer
Was on latest stock every time a new firmware was released, then switched to eXistenZ when it seemed like we'd never have KK, but I've never been deceived with either stock firmware or eXistenZ, both have always been very fast and I've never experienced any lag or disconfort on this phone.

Cyanogenmod 11 by FXP

I personally favours CM 11 because of a few flaws present in the stock ROM. Not to be lying, I really like Sony's UI (framework-res.apk) and some aspects of the stock ROM. As per to my experience, the stock ROM is not that heavily modified as I can somehow use some things that are meant for AOSP-based ROMs, which is a huge plus for me. However, when it comes to support and RAM, it fails to meet my requirement, and that is what forced me to use CM.

Gamm86

Sep 5, 2013
Was on latest stock every time a new firmware was released, then switched to eXistenZ when it seemed like we'd never have KK, but I've never been deceived with either stock firmware or eXistenZ, both have always been very fast and I've never experienced any lag or disconfort on this phone.

Hah, you must be joking... :D

Th3B1ff

Aug 11, 2014
Cape Town
I'm on stock 4.3 (.205 fw). Best I've experience by far, both feature-wise and usability. RAm management could be better though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Because we all have diffrent opninion about our Sony Xperia SP I would like to do a very small reseach.
    With this very easy poll I just want the next question answered:
    • Are you running official 4.1.2 or 4.3.x?
    If you are running a custom ROM (CM, PA or even stockbased) answer Custom ROM..

If you have answerd the question please let me know in a comment:
    Tell which one you have chosen (perhaps even the build number of the version you run) and wheter you are happy with it or not!

Thanks!

OP will kickoff:

I have chosen for Stock Sony 4.3.x. I am not that happy with it because it still has a few bugs. I do however am happy because Sony finnaly took the time to update it after delay and more delay. Now we are just waiting for KitKat.