[MOD]VolumeUP2Camera|Take photos with VOLUME UP key of your DHD

Search This thread

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
Hello to all,
i know that rcmix3d tweaks make possibile to take photos with volume camera but my mod is a little different.

With this mod you can use VOLUME UP key of your DHD as the CAMERA button of others devices with a dedicated phisical key!!

So a long press on VOLUME UP starts camera up and while your are in camera you can take photo with volume up.

The disavantage is only one, you cannot use your volume up anymore as usual volume up function but in 3.5sense rom is very easy to change volume since you can set volume down and slide in the volume bar to increase or decrease it!!

So no problem for me :)

I have tested it with Virtuous Affinity v2.05.0 and i have replaced the stock sense 3.5 camera with sense 3 camera since i really love self potrait mode to take photos and a more scenes profiles!!
This package not contains sense 3 camera!

INSTALL ISTRUCTION
As always made a nandroid backup first!! I'm not responsable of any type of damage!

Simply flash the attached file, if you want to revert to normal situation flash restore package.

I think it works on all sense 3.5 rom, i have NOT tested it on sense 3 rom. Please report back if it works and how works on sense 3 rom like ARHD or LeeDroid.

I'll wait for feedback!

Thanks

Attachments

• volume2camera.zip
    160.5 KB · Views: 285
  • volume2camera_restore.zip
    160.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

zdjaib

Mar 17, 2008
The disavantage is only one, you cannot use your volume up anymore as usual volume up function but in 3.5sense rom is very easy to change volume since you can set volume down and slide in the volume bar to increase or decrease it!!

Is possible to use the button to take pictures in the camera and use it to increase the volume in other applications? it would be great!

anyway thanks for this mod :)

harshrocsu

Jul 30, 2011
How about instead of volume up to click photos you do it up then down (quick action) capture? That wont affect the music and all that stuff ..i dont know the technicalities...sorry if this idea is totally stupid

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
If I install this in a AOSP Rom?...

I didn't tried. You can try... But cyano had this mod built in.

Can you include a volume down mod because my volume up is as good as busted now...

Yed i can but... After How you can adjust your volume? I had this problem too but I have repaired my button :)

How about instead of volume up to click photos you do it up then down (quick action) capture? That wont affect the music and all that stuff ..i dont know the technicalities...sorry if this idea is totally stupid

Sorry I think i not have understand.... Can you explain me better?

Thanks

Inviato dal mio Desire HD usando Tapatalk

harshrocsu

Jul 30, 2011
I meant that instead of pressing volumeup to capture a photo we press volume up then volume down ...im not really good at explaining stuff ..sorry

plskillme

Jan 16, 2011
Yed i can but... After How you can adjust your volume? I had this problem too but I have repaired my button :)

I just can't send it to any HTC repair shop near me, the phone's 1-year warranty is finished & if I'd mail it to them for repairs -- it'd cost me around USD 85 to 120.
That's how it goes around here in the middle east, especially when you are not situated in Dubai. I'm using JAYS headset app(before it was headset button controller app).

mattiadj

May 22, 2010
Francavilla al mare
I just can't send it to any HTC repair shop near me, the phone's 1-year warranty is finished & if I'd mail it to them for repairs -- it'd cost me around USD 85 to 120.
That's how it goes around here in the middle east, especially when you are not situated in Dubai. I'm using JAYS headset app(before it was headset button controller app).

Understood.

Good app anyway. I have tried it and now I can use my ipod headset.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to all,
    i know that rcmix3d tweaks make possibile to take photos with volume camera but my mod is a little different.

With this mod you can use VOLUME UP key of your DHD as the CAMERA button of others devices with a dedicated phisical key!!

So a long press on VOLUME UP starts camera up and while your are in camera you can take photo with volume up.

So no problem for me :)

I have tested it with Virtuous Affinity v2.05.0 and i have replaced the stock sense 3.5 camera with sense 3 camera since i really love self potrait mode to take photos and a more scenes profiles!!
    This package not contains sense 3 camera!

INSTALL ISTRUCTION
    As always made a nandroid backup first!! I'm not responsable of any type of damage!

Simply flash the attached file, if you want to revert to normal situation flash restore package.

I think it works on all sense 3.5 rom, i have NOT tested it on sense 3 rom. Please report back if it works and how works on sense 3 rom like ARHD or LeeDroid.

I'll wait for feedback!

Thanks