[MOD]Custom Splash Screens (Collection)

Search This thread

MildewMan

Dec 25, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
You can either follow the instructions posted below to flash one of the custom splash screens in this thread, or you can follow benjamminzIS' instructions here if you have your own 540x960 image to flash.

If you have a picture that you would like me turn into a splash img for you, just post it/link to it here. (Needs to be 540x960 or it may look distorted)

YOU MUST HAVE S-OFF AND A CUSTOM H-BOOT FOR THIS TO WORK. Follow These instructions to flash a custom HBoot. You will also need ADB and fastboot setup on your PC.

1. Open a command prompt and navigate to the folder where you have your custom.img file.
2. Connect phone to PC via USB. In cmd type "adb reboot-bootloader". This will reboot your phone into fastboot mode.
3. When in fastboot, type "fastboot flash splash1 custom.img". Fastboot should flash the image almost instantly.
4. Type "fastboot reboot" and watch your new splash screen! :D

USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU MESSING UP YOUR PHONE. THIS CHANGE IS PERMANENT, AND YOU CANNOT REVERT TO THE OLD SPLASH SCREEN UNLESS YOU FLASH IT.

Last edited:

MildewMan

Dec 25, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
Collection of splash screens from the Sensation boards here.

Stock Splash Screen (Credit goes to MetalDeath) Download
splash1.png

Zelda Splash Download
ZeldaSplash2.png

Google Download
EwGMs.jpg

Avenged Sevenfold (Credit: alx294) Download
DEATHBATBOOTLOGO.jpg

#1 - #10, and S-OFF credit to Ziggy
#1 Download
1.png

#2 Download
2.png

#3 Download
3.png

#4 Download
4-1.png

5.png

Download

#6 Download
6.png

7.png

Download

#8 Download
8.png

#9 Download
9.png

#10 Download
10.png

S-OFF Download
SOFF.png

ZeldaAmaze 4G Download
ZeldaSplash.png

Peter Eats Apple Download
PeterAndroidEatingApple.png

Last edited:

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
If it isn't working in ADB using the fastboot flash splash1 imagename.img command, it means your hboot doesn't support writing commands. After s-off, either flash juopunutbear's custom hboot, or flash the ENG HBOOT I have posted here:

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1018938&d=1335108356

(rename to ph85img.zip, place on your SD card, and reboot to bootloader)

After flashing the ENG hboot, you should be able to flash your splash manually or using the tool provided in this thread.

probablecauz69

Mar 23, 2010
If it isn't working in ADB using the fastboot flash splash1 imagename.img command, it means your hboot doesn't support writing commands. After s-off, either flash juopunutbear's custom hboot, or flash the ENG HBOOT I have posted here:

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1018938&d=1335108356

(rename to ph85img.zip, place on your SD card, and reboot to bootloader)

After flashing the ENG hboot, you should be able to flash your splash manually or using the tool provided in this thread.

i just flashed your boot you posted and i am still s-off but it shows me as locked now instead of unlocked. does that matter?

Last edited:

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
Locked is fine.. that has nothing to do with the ability to flash anything. Once you are s-off you can flash anything you like, as long as you also have an ENG HBOOT. Go ahead and reattempt flashing your boot screen. It should work this time.

probablecauz69

Mar 23, 2010
Locked is fine.. that has nothing to do with the ability to flash anything. Once you are s-off you can flash anything you like, as long as you also have an ENG HBOOT. Go ahead and reattempt flashing your boot screen. It should work this time.

ok no problem. i will try to reflash the boot screen in a bit. waiting for a call. cant miss that while i am playing with the phone :D

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
More than likely you are flashing an image that is not the correct size. It has to be 540x960. If the hboot allowed it to flash, then it is not the hboot that is the issue.

probablecauz69

Mar 23, 2010
More than likely you are flashing an image that is not the correct size. It has to be 540x960. If the hboot allowed it to flash, then it is not the hboot that is the issue.

i am using the right size image. i tried one it didnt work and then i went back to the one i had before that worked and it was the same way, all lines. i am just going to restore back to right after i got s-off working and see if that takes care of the issue

MildewMan

Dec 25, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
i am using the right size image. i tried one it didnt work and then i went back to the one i had before that worked and it was the same way, all lines. i am just going to restore back to right after i got s-off working and see if that takes care of the issue

Did you just try changing a regular image file over to a .img file and then flashing it? If you do that, then you will get a picture full of lines. You need a program that can convert an image to .img for you.

Top Liked Posts