[Q] dead screen area after water damage

Search This thread

klozo

Apr 21, 2014
Hello, looking for advice on what to do -

my nexus 4 dropped into water and now the lower ~1.5 cm of the screen doesn't respond (including the navigation keys).
other than that all is fine - connectivity, charging, internet, calls, etc.

Will opening it help ?
replace the screen ?
replace mother board?

many thanks
gilad

belictony

Jun 11, 2013
Get it to service Centre for quality replacement. There is a way to open up and replace LCD digitizer for rectifying the display. However the damage as to the level of Penetration inside the phone is not known. If your phone is dropped into the water, put in a dry place and let it dry. Don't even switch on. Control the urge to check if it's working. Don't switch on up to 48hrs. Don't shake as it may damage more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: VIPOA

klozo

Apr 21, 2014
thank you belictony.

if I wanted to fix it myself - would it be easier (and safer, though more expensive) to replace glass+digitizer+lcd instead of only digitizer ?

belictony

Jun 11, 2013
There are LCD assembly for sale. Its not safer and easier to replace it yourself unless you have knowledge about it. Even if you know about it, there is no assurance as to whether the device will work or not. Get it to service center or buy a new phone. The service center personnel will probably charge around 200-300 depending upon the condition. You can rather buy a nexus 5 or some other phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get it to service Centre for quality replacement. There is a way to open up and replace LCD digitizer for rectifying the display. However the damage as to the level of Penetration inside the phone is not known. If your phone is dropped into the water, put in a dry place and let it dry. Don't even switch on. Control the urge to check if it's working. Don't switch on up to 48hrs. Don't shake as it may damage more.