[Q] Github help!! Vendor and device tree...

Search This thread

TheStrix

Recognized Developer
May 10, 2014
Mumbai
Hello, i am just a begineer, i want to compile a rom from official cyanogen...
The doubt i hav..
What are device trees and vendor trees in detail???
Vendor trees are made for specific devices like device trees?

Last edited:

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
The doubt i hav..

Device tree's contain the configuration files and settings files for your device, while vendor tree's contain proprietary binary blobs such as graphics, and other sensors. Vendor tree's are usually made for specific devices but there are some additional vendor tree's that are common to certain devices that share the same chipset and other features. The best way to learn about vendor and device tree's is to take a look at a good example of a device tree and a good example of a vendor tree, as well as a good example of a vendor wide common tree. Let me know if you still have questions I'll be happy to help you out.

Reactions: Seylox and TheStrix

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The doubt i hav..

Device tree's contain the configuration files and settings files for your device, while vendor tree's contain proprietary binary blobs such as graphics, and other sensors. Vendor tree's are usually made for specific devices but there are some additional vendor tree's that are common to certain devices that share the same chipset and other features. The best way to learn about vendor and device tree's is to take a look at a good example of a device tree and a good example of a vendor tree, as well as a good example of a vendor wide common tree. Let me know if you still have questions I'll be happy to help you out.
    Can i use vendor tree of my device made for ics in jb too??

You can try using that tree for compiling JB, you may get a compile error which you may have to fix but test it and it find out. Overall it should work for you, somethings may break but it should work.