İM ABOUT TO GET CRAZY PLS HELP battery drain

Search This thread

korkuadam

Jan 14, 2012
Hello i had this battery drain problem the battery was draining so bad.İn seconds it was dropping from %49 to %46
So i changed my battery to a mobile technicer.But same problem is keep happening, he told me i should charge my phone for 10 hours on my first charge and i did it but its all same.
My charge wont last even 2 hours screen on time.
Pls help me i tried to calibrate but it just made it worse.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
You need to figure out what's drainng the battery. Get gsam or betterbatterystats to figure out what's causing it. Anything else is just a guess.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

acejavelin

They all seem quite normal
If you don't see anything unusual after a few hours of using GSAM/BBS, no extreme wake locks or times held awake, I would then do a factory reset and see if the problem continues, if it does then you may have a bad battery and it will need to be replaced, it is not difficult to do, a simple YouTube search will show you tons of examples of how to do it.

If that isn't it, although it is rare, you would have bad hardware and need to get the device serviced or replaced.

korkuadam

Jan 14, 2012
If you don't see anything unusual after a few hours of using GSAM/BBS, no extreme wake locks or times held awake, I would then do a factory reset and see if the problem continues, if it does then you may have a bad battery and it will need to be replaced, it is not difficult to do, a simple YouTube search will show you tons of examples of how to do it.

If that isn't it, although it is rare, you would have bad hardware and need to get the device serviced or replaced.
İ was using pa but i unrooted and stocked my devixe yeaterday but its the same.My other battery was way worse but this one is annoying too.Could it be the brand of the battery?

blusydays

Feb 13, 2012
Download and install from the playstore the app Wakelock detector, let your N4 get to 100% in battery and unplug it and try to use it as usual. When it reaches 10 or 5% take a screenshot of wakelock detector and post it here. Try also to take a screenshot of GSAM or Betterbatterystats.

Reactions: acejavelin

ΧperiaΜan

Sep 11, 2013
maybe there is some kind of secret service that runs on the background and drains the battery ?????? well thats pretty weird.....

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
maybe there is some kind of secret service that runs on the background and drains the battery ?????? well thats pretty weird.....

what kind of battery life are you getting from your phone? screen on time?

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

Kernels and roms make very little difference. It's how you use the device and the wake locks you get. Without something like gsam or bbs it's only a guess what's causing the issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

this, absolutely right. battery life depends on how you personally use your phone, how you set it up, what apps you have installed, and mostly on the quality of the phone/data connection that you have.

acejavelin

We need more detailed information than this to troubleshoot this... Without that information we can't really help. We need screen shots of Wake lock Detector, BBS, or GSAM. GSAM is the easiest to interpret, so shots of the main screen, app sucker set to time held awake, screen and radio would be needed to assist further, in English if possible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

korkuadam

Jan 14, 2012
We need more detailed information than this to troubleshoot this... Without that information we can't really help. We need screen shots of Wake lock Detector, BBS, or GSAM. GSAM is the easiest to interpret, so shots of the main screen, app sucker set to time held awake, screen and radio would be needed to assist further, in English if possible.

There you go:
http://i.hizliresim.com/kr8WqA.png
http://i.hizliresim.com/NV21a5.png

As i told,everything looks fine.

acejavelin

Everything does not look fine...Two things that's bothering me looking at this is the GSAM shot, it is showing you drawing 1500+ma off the battery... Seems very excessive, I usually see 350-900ma at most (433ma at moment). And the 41% of usage by the screen in just over an hour use seems kinda high, what is your screen brightness set at, and what does the GSAM Screen usage screen say, anything in the Medium or higher category is using very significant battery.

Last edited:

korkuadam

Jan 14, 2012
Everything does not look fine...Two things that's bothering me looking at this is the GSAM shot, it is showing you drawing 1500+ma off the battery... Seems very excessive, I usually see 350-900ma at most (433ma at moment). And the 41% of usage by the screen in just over an hour use seems kinda high, what is your screen brightness set at, and what does the GSAM Screen usage screen say, anything in the Medium or higher category is using very significant battery.

Screen brightness is set on auto and
gsam screeen page says Discharge will on/off: %10/%4(the screen was on for 10 mins.
Should i calibrate or try something else?
As i told its a new battery but the same issue
Btw i had red ligth of dead 4 times could that matter?

Last edited:

acejavelin

Screen brightness is set on auto and
gsam screeen page says Discharge will on/off: %10/%4(the screen was on for 10 mins.
Should i calibrate or try something else?
As i told its a new battery but the same issue
"Calibrate" is a misnomer, it will not affect battery life or current draw, years ago in the Froyo/Gingerbread days you would wipe the battery calibration file to reset the display and estimated run-time remaining, it doesn't affect actual battery use or life, just how it is displayed and runtimes are calculated. You can always download a Battery Calibration app from the Play Store and use it, it won't hurt anything but I believe most require root access. I have seen some discussion that this is irrelevant in KitKat since the file is rebuilt on each boot, but I can't verify that.

Honestly though, when I look at your GSAM screen with 2:40 average screen time and just over 3 hours max, this part doesn't look unusual, but it doesn't jive with the screen shot showing 1:19 screen time using 42% of the battery... you are at 12% after 10.5 hours, the phone is obviously sleeping properly (only 28min held awake over 10+ hours is quite good), but at the same time you are showing 5%+ per hour drain. A little puzzling but not outside of the realm of normal.

I'm not really sure what else to say, every phone is different, this may be normal for your device, without screen shots of app sucker and screen usage in GSAM I can't really say anymore... try the standard stuff like switch to Device Only in location services to stop Google Play Services drain, lock the screen brightness at 20-30%, disable syncs, etc.

Of course, this could be something in hardware too... I had a Samsung once that no matter what would drain 5-10% per hour well sleeping even in airplane mode, yet no one else in the forums ever commented that theirs did, turned out it was just a lemon, a replacement would drain less than 1% per hour.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download and install from the playstore the app Wakelock detector, let your N4 get to 100% in battery and unplug it and try to use it as usual. When it reaches 10 or 5% take a screenshot of wakelock detector and post it here. Try also to take a screenshot of GSAM or Betterbatterystats.