Full screen video flickering

Search This thread

mantrajt

May 3, 2009
Several times when I try to reproduce full screen videos I just see a black screen or lines in my screen. For example IMDB app ....currently running kk 4.4.2 CND2.

Any ideas ?

Enviado desde mi SM-P600 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: skorpyo33

pydra

May 28, 2014
Toronto
Happens to mine too with twitch app, for some reason when I put my spen near the screen I can watch full screen video for a little while

pierrekid

Oct 23, 2010
Sam here just noticed this is in the regular player

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Several times when I try to reproduce full screen videos I just see a black screen or lines in my screen. For example IMDB app ....currently running kk 4.4.2 CND2.

Any ideas ?

Do you mean like this?

I had this with KitKat but after installing a custom kernel, wipe cache and dalvik it was gone :good:

Attachments

• IMG_20140422_211332.jpg
    IMG_20140422_211332.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 492

RishiS

Jun 15, 2014
Getting the same on xKat v3 rom! When I use MPlayerX I get the problem consistently while VLC player gives it sporadically.

elzeus

Jun 4, 2012
Rebooting or disabling UI overlay in developer options fixes it. Samsung has to fix it in their next update make sure to submit the bug to samsungs support so they are more aware of it.

Reactions: d_ray_84

Ktest

Jul 26, 2014
Note 10.1 Kitkat Fullscreen video flickers

Yes, I had same problem, with Samsung note 10.1 kitkat 4.4.2
I think Samsung needs to fix it.

Following is workaround for problem:
Try to check the option to always use the GPU for rendering graphics in the developer options and check the option MSAA and turn off hardware overlays.

This solved problem for me

Reactions: Bradh024

u-rick

Feb 24, 2011
Fullscreen HW accelerated video sometimes flickering on my refurb device.
Fix: launch camera app and problem is gone.

Reactions: boubou_777

d.jawad_iraq

Sep 1, 2014
solved flickering

Any ideas ?

hi dear
could be due to magnetic field in cover(case) interfere with screen display.
please remove the case and try again.
Thanx

internetpilot

Jan 26, 2011
Ponte Vedra, FL
Had this problem start happening out of the blue (as in NOT after rooting or accepting an update, etc.). First noticed it when playing internet videos (Facebook, embedded YouTube, etc.) on fullscreen, but then it started happening with all videos (whether using stock player, MX, etc.) for full movies that I have on my external SD card. Running stock rooted with TWRP recovery.

Wiping cache solved it completely for me. Of course, wiping cache with too new of a version of TWRP recovery caused my cache partition to be unmountable, resulting in boot loops and all kinds of issues, but that's another story entirely! Solved the new problem by switching to Philz recovery, wiped cache again, and everything was fine. I probably would've been fine just downgrading my version of TWRP as well, but I'm using Philz recovery on my Note 2 phone, too, so I'm fine with using it on the tablet as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any ideas ?

Rebooting or disabling UI overlay in developer options fixes it. Samsung has to fix it in their next update make sure to submit the bug to samsungs support so they are more aware of it.
    Note 10.1 Kitkat Fullscreen video flickers

Yes, I had same problem, with Samsung note 10.1 kitkat 4.4.2
    I think Samsung needs to fix it.

Following is workaround for problem:
    Try to check the option to always use the GPU for rendering graphics in the developer options and check the option MSAA and turn off hardware overlays.

This solved problem for me
    Fullscreen HW accelerated video sometimes flickering on my refurb device.
    Fix: launch camera app and problem is gone.