Installng Drivers

Search This thread

Kosuda14

Jun 15, 2010
Im trying to install drivers for my Verizon SCH-i545 S4. Ive installed samsung Kies/Kies3. I've tried pretty much everything I can find from google and from here but I can't get it to work. What happens is when I try to install the drivers it says the device malfunctioned. I was running windows 8.1 and from what i read 8.1 was not good with phones so I reinstalled windows 7 just for this, still have the same problem. I reinstalled/uninstalled plenty of times already. I tried installing just the drivers without samsung kies. I tried letting windows install the drivers itself, Im out of ideas and out google pages to look.

The reason Im trying to get this to work is because I either soft bricked my phone or really bricked it. Im trying to connect to my PC in odin mode to repair it. If there is some other way to fix my phone with connecting to my computer that would help me too but I don't think so.

Any ideas?

Kosuda14

Jun 15, 2010
Went to the gas station to buy cigarettes and i ended up buying a micro usb cable there just for the hell of it. It works now. For whatever reason the cable that came with my phone doesn't work but the cable i bought from the gas station works.