ROOT SIII JB 4.1.2-Easy Way

Search This thread

Omessy7

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 22, 2012
Beirut
Download the PDA file by CF: Over here

Download and install Drivers : Over Here !

Get ODIN: Over Here...

The process is meant for Galaxy S3 I9300

Enable USB debubugging and give it a good charge (though it doesnt really make an effect if off) ;)

_First Power off device.

_after it's off, press and hold: vol.down-home-power

_then press volume up to continue

_then connect your phone to your computer via USB

_Open ODIN as Administrator

(If the phone is connected properly, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port numbe)

_Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar.

_In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER OPTION!

_Click on the Start button in ODIN and it will start the installation process.

_Once the installation is done, the phone will restart, you can unplug the phone from the computer.

*And you should be good to go... with CWM too !

EnjoY Your rooted JB 4.1.2 SIII

Tested and verified to be working

if it doesn't work, you need to re-flash with auto reboot unchecked, then boot recovery to trigger installation

NOTE: I CANNOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY IN CASE YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG OR SOMETHING HAPPENS FOR UNKNOW REASON OR ANYTHING !

Press Thanks if i helped ! :D

Last edited:

terranoid

Aug 23, 2010
Sandanski
Hahaha lol, dude are you serious ?
You can remove the cable as soon as Odin says Done/Reset. USB debugging is not a must. .... :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Omessy7

Oct 22, 2012
Beirut
Hahaha lol, dude are you serious ?
You can remove the cable as soon as Odin says Done/Reset. USB debugging is not a must. .... :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

hahaha.. yeah, true but as we all know some things happen for some people for an unknown reason :eek: so to be extra sure follow these steps... :cowboy:

Omessy7

Oct 22, 2012
Beirut
after it's off, press and hold down-home-power

Query that instruction .
Plus these instructions are plplastered all over the board already .

jje

i have been asked on how and im helping those... now STOP thread clutter because of ur misunderstanding and just feel like posting ! i did this with my own HANDS their is no need to do what u said...enjoy ur non spaming day...

slaphead20

Feb 13, 2011
Out there somewhere
You should also add that if it doesn't work, you need to re-flash with auto reboot unchecked, then boot recovery to trigger installation......but then if you did that this post would be identical almost to chainfires, hence making this post fairly redundant ;):D

Omessy7

Oct 22, 2012
Beirut
You should also add that if it doesn't work, you need to re-flash with auto reboot unchecked, then boot recovery to trigger installation......but then if you did that this post would be identical almost to chainfires, hence making this post fairly redundant ;):D

it will work...anyways will add it... and this is a summary of his journals :D thanks

chrismast

Dec 7, 2007
Bangkok
www.christianreiners.com
You should maybe add that KIES is turned off or even uninstalled. Otherwise odin will habe problems.

Anyway I guess anyone appreciates your effort but I also don't get the point of this thread as it is already included in the basic guides, in chainfires threads and who else knows where. But anyway thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: petros70

Glebun

Jun 6, 2010
Kyiv
1. this had been posted before.

2. you haven't removed usb debugging from the guide

Cordobes21

Mar 10, 2011
Cordoba
maybe it's a stupid question, but after root my device with your method, is it safe to wipe with the recovery and install a custom rom??? thanks

Stevan Dj

Feb 9, 2013
maybe it's a stupid question, but after root my device with your method, is it safe to wipe with the recovery and install a custom rom??? thanks

it is 100%:good: safe if the rom u installed is good and stable but once u wipe data/factory reset it will delete all your data like contacts and messages and google accounts and apps .............ect.:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download the PDA file by CF: Over here

Download and install Drivers : Over Here !

Get ODIN: Over Here...

The process is meant for Galaxy S3 I9300

Enable USB debubugging and give it a good charge (though it doesnt really make an effect if off) ;)

_First Power off device.

_after it's off, press and hold: vol.down-home-power

_then press volume up to continue

_then connect your phone to your computer via USB

_Open ODIN as Administrator

(If the phone is connected properly, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port numbe)

_Click the PDA tab in Odin and select the CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar.

_In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. DO NOT TOUCH ANY OTHER OPTION!

_Click on the Start button in ODIN and it will start the installation process.

_Once the installation is done, the phone will restart, you can unplug the phone from the computer.

*And you should be good to go... with CWM too !

EnjoY Your rooted JB 4.1.2 SIII

Tested and verified to be working

if it doesn't work, you need to re-flash with auto reboot unchecked, then boot recovery to trigger installation

NOTE: I CANNOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY IN CASE YOU DO SOMETHING WRONG OR SOMETHING HAPPENS FOR UNKNOW REASON OR ANYTHING !

Press Thanks if i helped ! :D
    Ok, let's stop with the trolling. If you think something is wrong with the guide, post it and move along. If it is something that will brick someone's device, report it and a moderator will address it. Thanks for your cooperation.
    You should maybe add that KIES is turned off or even uninstalled. Otherwise odin will habe problems.

Anyway I guess anyone appreciates your effort but I also don't get the point of this thread as it is already included in the basic guides, in chainfires threads and who else knows where. But anyway thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
    thanks, already did it and it worked 5 stars :)

its all here, nothing wiped :)
    How do you unroot your s3

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Install triangle away, install samsung stock rom