[Q]2 Problems: "System UI has stopped" & "the process com.android.phone has stopped"

Search This thread

Soul TKR

Jun 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.wesvfx.com
[Q]2 Problems: "System UI has stopped" & "the process com.android.phone has stopped"

For some unknown reason after a simple reboot I'm getting these two errors pop up. I select "OK" and they just pop right back up not letting me do anything. I tried flashing a fresh version of Cromi-X from wipe both Cache and Dalvik. After it get's through the "Optimizing Apps" and just about get's to my desktop to load I get those two errors. I figured a fresh wipe and flash would fix it but nope...

Any ideas?

dyredu5e.jpg

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
For some unknown reason after a simple reboot I'm getting these two errors pop up. I select "OK" and they just pop right back up not letting me do anything. I tried flashing a fresh version of Cromi-X from wipe both Cache and Dalvik. After it get's through the "Optimizing Apps" and just about get's to my desktop to load I get those two errors. I figured a fresh wipe and flash would fix it but nope...

Any ideas?

dyredu5e.jpg

What was the last thing you did before rebooting?

Can you capture a logcat over adb as it should tell you why they are crashing.

Search on xda for how to get a logcat ;)

vy8liz

Feb 20, 2014
What was the last thing you did before rebooting?

Can you capture a logcat over adb as it should tell you why they are crashing.

Search on xda for how to get a logcat ;)

Hi guys,

I have exactly same problem but it happens when i plug a docking station. Do you have idea why? It started when i installed CM 11 and still continue when i reinstalled it to crombi-kk

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Hi guys,

I have exactly same problem but it happens when i plug a docking station. Do you have idea why? It started when i installed CM 11 and still continue when i reinstalled it to crombi-kk

You mean the audio dock? It's a know bug in CM11. You'll have to live with it until somebody finds a fix or flash CROMI-X.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
Hi guys,

If you have exactly the same problem, then you need to do exactly what sbdags suggested - get a logcat and read it.

cooki01

Dec 5, 2010
SOLUTION!

I had the same issue on my i9000 after i loaded CodeROM 5.1.1
The message kept appearing and reappearing every couple of seconds. So in order to navigate through this, i had to press the OK, then quickly navigate to the next step in this process.

Go to Settings
Application Manager
Choose All Application
“Clear all data” in Contacts Storage.
Now Restart your device

obviously these steps will vary from device to device... but you'll know it when you see it.
:D