[TOOL] [LINUX/MAC] Nexus Tools 2.8 (Featured by XDA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

corbindavenport

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
corbin.io
Thanks Corbin... Do you know how to compile adb and fastboot for ARM??? Or can you punt me in the right direction???

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Every tutorial I have found for compiling ADB for ARM devices is outdated and doesn't work. If I can't figure out how to compile it myself, I'm going to try using the ADB binary that Debian for ARM devices. It's more of a last resort though, because installing Debian's ADB would also require installing at least one library that may or may not work on Chrome OS. Still trying to figure it all out :/

draa2711

Jan 6, 2013
I can't get this to work on my MB Air running a fresh install of Mavericks (10.9.2).

All I get is this error:

bash: /dev/fd/63: Bad file descriptor

I already checked my disk and fixed permissions.
Any suggestions?

corbindavenport

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
corbin.io
Nexus Tools 2.3

New in Nexus Tools 2.3:
  • Now displays diagnostic information if an error occurs
  • Updated links and command to work with GitHub's new link format
  • Generates directories for udev they do not exist
  • Fixed uninstall for Chrome OS
  • General bug fixes and code cleanup

corbindavenport

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
corbin.io
Corbin... Any luck with adb for ARM chromebooks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm going to compile it on my Raspberry Pi the next chance I get and see if I can get it working. Does the installer at least work (even if it installs the old ADB) on your ARM Chromebook?

I'm still receiving the same error... :(

It works fine on my Mavericks Mac Mini. Try typing this command into the Terminal instead:

Code:
cd ~ && curl -s -o ./install.sh "http://github.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/raw/master/install.sh" -LOk && chmod +x ./install.sh && ./install.sh && rm ./install.sh

corbindavenport

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
corbin.io
Nexus Tools 2.4

New in Nexus Tools 2.4:
  • Removed support for Chrome OS (didn't work anyways)
  • Installer now checks for previously installed ADB/Fastboot
  • Updated ADB binary on i386 Linux and Mac OS X to 1.0.32, now works with Android 5.0.1

corbindavenport

Feb 26, 2012
Raleigh, NC
corbin.io
New in Nexus Tools 2.8:
  • (Hopefully) fixed all problems on Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
  • Changed installation directory to /usr/local/bin/
  • Removed Mac OS X 10.11 warnings
  • Now downloads binaries over HTTPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    shjM51Q.png

Nexus Tools is an installer for the Android debug/development command-line tools ADB (Android Device Bridge) and Fastboot for Mac OS X and Linux. The script does not need to be downloaded, simply copy and paste this command into the terminal and run it to install ADB/Fastboot:

Code:
    bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.sh)

and this command to un-install Nexus Tools:

Code:
    bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/uninstall.sh)

Nexus Tools requires sudo privileges to install/uninstall the adb and fastboot tools to /usr/local/bin, so they can be run without typing the full directory. Nexus Tools is licensed under the GPLv3 license, and the source code is at the GitHub project below.

If you have a problem with Nexus Tools, leave a reply below or as an issue on the GitHub project!

GitHub Project
    XDA News Article
    Someone tested already??
    im afraid..:p:p

I've tested it on my Mac Mini (OS X 10.9), a Live CD of Ubuntu 13.04, and a custom Chrome OS x86 build and it worked on all of them.
    Someone tested already??
    im afraid..:p:p

i just installed it. no problems. osx mavericks
    Nexus Tools 2.0

New in Nexus Tools 2.0:
    • Chrome OS and generic Linux both use same binaries
    • Detects processor platform for Linux (ARM or x86)
    • Downloads udev list for ADB
    • Script improvements/fixes

Thanks to XDA user edwinr29 for compiling updated ADB and Fastboot binaries for Chrome OS
    armv71

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

I added armv71 as a valid archetecture for ARM Chromebooks, it should work now :)