[CM7] (Unofficial) CM 7.2 RC0 information thread

Search This thread

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
But some zip files can not be used because they didn't supported by CWM.

If you're talking about some old zips that cannot flash, it's due to CWM not supporting the old scripting language.

Android 1.0-1.6 used amend scripting (ie the old style)
Android 2.0-Current uses edify scripting (the new style)

Streakmod supports amend and edify
CWM before 3.0 suports amend and edify
CWM 3.0+ only supports edify.

(hint: streakmod is based on CWM 1.8)

Use Streakmod if you must flash something made with amend scripting.
Authors should have stopped using amend long before the Streak even came out.

Reactions: BoletRZ

esokolov

Jul 27, 2007
Toronto
Home Long Press

I know I'm asking in wrong place, but I need directions.

CM has tunable behavior for long-press home button. I wonder how I can set the following scenario - I'm driving a car, I'm running two apps, navigator and music/audiobook reader. I need a quick way of switching between them, like holding a button. So is it possible somehow to make home long press switch between last two apps, not showing the apps list?

Many thanks,
Eugene

BluB0HR

Dec 3, 2007
Coming from DSC 1.0, I did all the steps written by Radimus (first page).

Everything is working well.. except the Google account sync/login. When I try to add my Google account it always fails to connect to the Google servers tho internet access (both data & wlan) works in the browser. Therefore I don't have Google Play Store nor my contacts available. The clock is set up correctly.. any ideas? It worked on any other ROM.

Edit: nvm, there was an issue with the default apn settings. *facepalm*

Last edited:

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
There's noone available to actively maintain it.

I'm going to attempt to build CM7.2-final when it's released, but that wont be for a while as CM7.2 is still a while from release itself.

Assuming I can get that much done (which really depends on how much the code wants to cooperate), I'm gonna try and build CM9 and see how much works/doesnt work. Even if that compiles (which will be surprising if even) I expect it will be like DJ_Steve's old CM6.1 alpha, in that nothing really worked.

I assume the qualcomm drivers will/have been merged into CM9 soon enough, which means that if it works at all it'll likely be GPU accelerated, it might even have wifi and bluetooth. But it likely wont have cell support or hdmi out. It all really depends on what drivers CM9 itself already has (as it has like half of the drivers we need from common sources such as other devices)

CM9 likely needs kernel changes/a lot of kernel stuff to really work, which I have no intention of doing.

There's a lot of 'if's in the previous statements, pretty much everything has to go right to get even a barely working at all build.

For time time being, even if we had someone actively mantaining CM7 there's not a huge amount to do except fix a couple minor things. (which we more or less have as hackfixes already)

The only real thing missing is better kernel OC support via cmsettings, some minor sensor related stuff, and hdmi out.

Crinos512

Nov 30, 2010
Universal Pheonix Kernel

Looks like _n0p_ has a newer kernel built that is rom agnostic... (at least as far as I can see it is aimed at working with DSC, CM7, and MIUI)

:cool:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25291276&postcount=3812

Hold on...
As always, any feedback is welcome, on positive i'll update CM7/MIUI kernel releases as well.
More, please report any regression over Phoenix Full version.

We may need to wait a bit for this one...

Last edited:

nostard19

Sep 4, 2007
Have been using the CM7 for more then a week. Its smooth and thanx to the Phoenix kernel, battery life is really great. On stock cm7 rom kernel i used to get an average 13hrs of usage and after flashing Phoenix kernel, im getting past a days usage, An average of 20hrs+ depending on my daily phone usage.
Btw i would Like to Know if theres any way for volume key wake for cm7?

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA

menting

Apr 15, 2011
Have been using the CM7 for more then a week. Its smooth and thanx to the Phoenix kernel, battery life is really great. On stock cm7 rom kernel i used to get an average 13hrs of usage and after flashing Phoenix kernel, im getting past a days usage, An average of 20hrs+ depending on my daily phone usage.
Btw i would Like to Know if theres any way for volume key wake for cm7?

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA

Settings->CyanogenMod Settings->Input
Check the Volume rocker wake option.

Reactions: nostard19

marksm

Jan 15, 2008
DFW, Texas
I followed the instructions and flashed this ROM yesterday. It was my first time. I am happy to say that most everything went smoothly and it works well. The only issues I can see so far is my menu LED stays lit when the screen is off and last night it locked up. I had to remove the battery to restart it.

I've done some searching for the LED issue but haven't found anything yet. Is it a configuration somewhere?

Thanks and great job to everyone that made this ROM possible.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
If it's only the center one and not all 3, that's a feature.

The middle button's led doubles as a notification led.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:
    This is a thread to organize information on the CM7.2 port made by hPa.

It also includes files that are directly relevent to the CM7.2 port.

Requirements:
    • A custom recovery installed
    • Stock 407 firmware installed

Installation:
    1. Download: update CM7.2 RC0 zip
    2. Copy to sdcard
    3. Reboot to recovery
    4. Flash
    5. Factory reset - inside custom recovery
    6. Fix permissions(?) - inside custom recovery
    7. Reboot
    8. Factory reset - main menu [BOTH ARE REQUIRED!]
    9. Reboot
    10. Finished
    11. Optional: Flash optional mods in next post

Credits:
    • hPa for porting CM7.2 RC0
    • DJ_Steve for providing hosting

FAQ:
    • I cant boot CM7.2 after installing / I get boot loops after installing / Why do I need to do two different factory resets?
      • Each factory reset clears different sets of data, the stock one only clears what's normally needed to be cleared.
        An analogy would be that: stock clears: ABCD, recovery clears: CDEF.
    • My battery life is bad / My wifi does not automatically turn off at sleep
      • The rom currently has a bug in that it ignores the current wifi sleep setting and always leaves it on, a workaround is to manually turn it on and off via the notification bar
    • Does the rom really support overclocking to 2.5 GHZ?
      • No, it was mistakenly added, it only really supports OCing up to 1.190 GHZ, anything higher does nothing.
        There is a patch in the files section to set it back to the stock defaults
    • Google Market is missing
      • You must also flash the GApps package, it is not included by default in CM roms
    • What is the difference between the normal (MDPI) and HDPI zips?
      • Each rom only includes assets (icons/bitmaps/etc) for their respective DPIs, you should pick MDPI if you prefer 160 DPI and HDPI if you prefer 240 DPI
    • What does the RC0 in the title stand for?
      • Cyanogen 7.2 itself is not released yet, this rom is based off 7.2-RC0 (ie when it was still in beta), the latest build is RC1
    • Does this mean there will eventually be a CM9/ICS port?
      • No, as this rom uses the stock 407 drivers. The drivers would need to be ported to ICS before you can have a working ICS rom.
    • Are there any themes for this rom?
      • Not directly, but there are hundreds of compatable themes for CM7/Tmobile theme engine enabled roms.
        Any theme made for CM7 should work on CM7.2
    • How do I install the apks in the Optional Mods section?
      • If they are update.zips: Flash them though a custom recovery
        If they are apks: Sideload them though your preferred method (Browser, Root explorer, adb, etc)
    Optional Mods:
    • Gapps Support
    • CPU 'Fix': [LINK TBA]
      • Sets CPU governer and clocks back to stock default
    • Dell Stage 1.6 fix: [LINK TBA]
      • Fixes to make Dell Stage 1.6 work on rom
    • DSC Phoenix kernel: Link
      • Will be directly integrated into CM7 in a future release
    • USSD Fix: update USSDfix 2.zip
      • Allows you to use USSD codes from the dialer
    I will have gapps prepared very soon, it's the latest ones from stock 407 (which are newer then the ones normally bundled with CM7). I have to finish editing the installation script first.
    Everyone should also take note of this:

We already have drivers for GB: they're the ones included in stock 4xx.
    We DONT have the source code for them, we cant fix bugs in them, we cant port them to ICS.

And repeat: We dont have drivers for ICS, and we wont be getting stock drivers for ICS.

Some drivers are available already though other sources:
    The GPU drivers were previously released
    The wifi/bt drivers might be available though other devices
    The touchscreen drivers might be available though other devices.

I do not know about sensor drivers, there's several of them.
    (GPS, accelerometer, ecompass, light/prox sensor)

I do not know about the ril/radio drivers.
    I do not know about the front and rear camera drivers.
    We definitely do not have the hdmi drivers.

There's a couple other things that arnt listed.

It may very well be possible to port CM9 if everyone is willing to give up the phone parts and use it essentially as a wifi tablet.
    Back during the HC launch DJ_Steve hackported HC to the S5, but never released it for this reason (that and HC doesnt support phones anyway).

The only drivers we're confirmed to have officially are the qualcomm release of the adreno drivers,
    everything else we either have to reimplement or borrow (and hope works) from other devices.
    There's noone available to actively maintain it.

I'm going to attempt to build CM7.2-final when it's released, but that wont be for a while as CM7.2 is still a while from release itself.

Assuming I can get that much done (which really depends on how much the code wants to cooperate), I'm gonna try and build CM9 and see how much works/doesnt work. Even if that compiles (which will be surprising if even) I expect it will be like DJ_Steve's old CM6.1 alpha, in that nothing really worked.

I assume the qualcomm drivers will/have been merged into CM9 soon enough, which means that if it works at all it'll likely be GPU accelerated, it might even have wifi and bluetooth. But it likely wont have cell support or hdmi out. It all really depends on what drivers CM9 itself already has (as it has like half of the drivers we need from common sources such as other devices)

CM9 likely needs kernel changes/a lot of kernel stuff to really work, which I have no intention of doing.

There's a lot of 'if's in the previous statements, pretty much everything has to go right to get even a barely working at all build.

For time time being, even if we had someone actively mantaining CM7 there's not a huge amount to do except fix a couple minor things. (which we more or less have as hackfixes already)

The only real thing missing is better kernel OC support via cmsettings, some minor sensor related stuff, and hdmi out.