Samsung Galaxy GT-I5510 Callisto | Firmware Releases ,Custom Roms , Rooting

Search This thread

sushdroid

Feb 20, 2012
Bangalore
From being the worst phone samsung could ever come up with, to a pretty decent stable fast smartphone, this device has come a long way!! And all thanks to the developers!! Keep up the brilliant work folks! Now I don't regret having bought this phone :)

--Yo--

Nov 23, 2012
Changing Baseband (Modem)

Hi,

My girlfriend has a Galaxy 551 (callisto) but it doesn't get 3G in Colombia, it supports 900/2100 bands but we have 850/1900 in Colombia.

It also has CM7 on it.

Could a custom modem change the 3G bands or is this hardware dependant and therefore not fixable? If it could, where could I get such modem?

Thanks in advance!

rojocapo

Dec 11, 2011
Buenos Aires
Hi,

My girlfriend has a Galaxy 551 (callisto) but it doesn't get 3G in Colombia, it supports 900/2100 bands but we have 850/1900 in Colombia.

It also has CM7 on it.

Could a custom modem change the 3G bands or is this hardware dependant and therefore not fixable? If it could, where could I get such modem?

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried flashing a Latinamerican ROM on your phone? You can get it at samfirmware.com, device is GT-i5510L.

kensiko32

Jan 10, 2013
I'm lost!

Hello guys,

just got a Samsung 551 for Christmas (I told my girlfriend to buy it :laugh:).

I rooted it 2 days later. It's on firmware 2.2 and I saw many bugs that I would like to solve if possible with 2.3.6. But I'm lost, I saw so many different procedures to upgrade it that I don't know what to do.

I got a file name I5510UGKC5_I5510BMCKC5_BMC.rar which I think is the correct one for my Canadian version. But I don't even know if it is 2.3.6.
I got the Samsung driver installed and got the ODIN software, but I'm stuck at the OPS file.

So, am I in the right direction? Where can I find the correct OPS file?

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
Hello guys,

just got a Samsung 551 for Christmas (I told my girlfriend to buy it :laugh:).

I rooted it 2 days later. It's on firmware 2.2 and I saw many bugs that I would like to solve if possible with 2.3.6. But I'm lost, I saw so many different procedures to upgrade it that I don't know what to do.

I got a file name I5510UGKC5_I5510BMCKC5_BMC.rar which I think is the correct one for my Canadian version. But I don't even know if it is 2.3.6.
I got the Samsung driver installed and got the ODIN software, but I'm stuck at the OPS file.

So, am I in the right direction? Where can I find the correct OPS file?

Just did a quick gogle search and found this
http://galaxy551.wikispaces.com/Odin+Flashing

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

jheysen

Jan 19, 2013
Santiago
May you pardon my noobish question, but I downloaded the source code of the Kernel for I5510L from samsung, and Noticed that one of the affected files from I5510 to I5510L is lcdc_ta8566, wich has something to do with video.

I was wondering, is this the LCD display driver or Adreno 200 driver? (looks like LCD Driver for me but it's better to ask).
If so, how hard would be to build a kernel (for example the one being used in Cm7.2 ports now) with this driver.

Regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why don't you take a look at sammobile.com or my download area?
    physical keyboard azerty not working with gingerbread

hi, WillingMagic. do you have any idea how to fix the physical keyboard to work with the "I5510XWKP5_I5510NEEKP1_I5510XXKPF_HOME.tar.md5" firmware?
    before this, copying the original folders "keylayout" and "keychars" into "system/usr" used to work, but it won't work anymore...
    thanks in advance.
    qwert / qwertz

German 2.3.6 rom : QWERTZ
    Polish 2.3.6 rom: QWERTY
    I5510POKP6:

Android 2.3.6

Code:
    # autogenerated by buildinfo.sh                                                         
    ro.build.id=GINGERBREAD                                                                 
    ro.build.display.id=GINGERBREAD.POKP6                                                   
    ro.build.version.incremental=POKP6                                                      
    ro.build.version.sdk=10                                                                 
    ro.build.version.codename=REL                                                           
    ro.build.version.release=2.3.6                                                          
    ro.build.date=Tue Oct 25 23:13:07 KST 2011                                              
    ro.build.date.utc=1319551987                                                            
    ro.build.type=user                                                                      
    ro.build.user=root                                                                      
    ro.build.host=DELL138                                                                   
    ro.build.tags=release-keys                                                              
    ro.product.brand=samsung                                                                
    ro.product.model=GT-I5510                                                               
    ro.product.name=GT-I5510                                                                
    ro.product.device=GT-I5510                                                              
    ro.product.board=GT-I5510                                                               
    # ro.build.product is obsolete; use ro.product.device                                   
    ro.build.product=GT-I5510                                                               
    ro.product.cpu.abi=armeabi                                                              
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung                                                         
    ro.product.locale.language=en                                                           
    ro.product.locale.region=GB                                                             
    ro.wifi.channels=                                                                       
    ro.board.platform=msm7k                                                                 
    # Do not try to parse ro.build.description or .fingerprint                              
    ro.build.description=GT-I5510-user 2.3.6 GINGERBREAD POKP6 release-keys                 
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-I5510/GT-I5510:2.3.6/GINGERBREAD/POKP6:user/release-keys
    # Samsung Specific Properties                                                           
    ro.build.PDA=I5510POKP6                                                                 
    ro.build.hidden_ver=I5510POKP6                                                          
    ro.build.changelist=684871                                                              
    ro.build.buildtag=                                                                      
    # end build properties

http://hotfile.com/dl/135982122/bf3b2f1/GT-I5510_NRJ_I5510POKP6_I5510XXKPK_I5510NRJKP3.rar.html

Pass: sampro.pl