Wifi crashes my watch

Search This thread

TCommander

May 20, 2010
When I start up the omate it goes to the watch face. If I try to go into any launcher with wifi turned on the watch pops and then powers off suddenly. If I put it in airplane mode it will run fine. I can turn bluetooth on and it will continue to run. If I turn on wifi the watch shuts off.

I read another thread where turning off quickboot and then restarting the watch should help wifi/bluetooth behaviors. This did not help me. Has anyone else exprienced this or have a suggestion how to fix it?

My firmware is 20140120
I've had this watch less then 12 hours and can't even make it work well enough to try it out.

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
You received a defective watch. If you have already opened it, you might see something obvious wrong in the assembly, like maybe a mis-connected antenna, or more likely not.

Getting a replacement for your defective TrueSmart will take some time, if it turns out to be possible at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TCommander

May 20, 2010
So it turns out it isn't wifi it is the Fleksy keyboard. I disabled Fleksy and was able to type in the Wifi password and connect.

Very odd issue for sure.

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
You mean when Fleksy is enabled, trying to enable WiFi shuts down your watch, but if you disable Fleksy then you can enable WiFi and your watch does shut down ?

I also had a horrible time trying to use Fleksey to enter my password. I gave up and connected a Bluetooth keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TCommander

May 20, 2010
You mean when Fleksy is enabled, trying to enable WiFi shuts down your watch, but if you disable Fleksy then you can enable WiFi and your watch does shut down ?

I also had a horrible time trying to use Fleksey to enter my password. I gave up and connected a Bluetooth keyboard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

That is what I meant.

Upon even further tinkering with Fleksy disabled I've found what I think to be the actual issue....

The speaker crashes the watch.

Fleksy made noise when I tried to type and crashed the watch.
Loaded Google Hangouts, got a message and the watch crashed.
Loaded Pandora, started a music station and the watch crashed
Set an alarm and when it went off the watch crashed.

Has anyone else seen this issue or read about it?

rhineymac

Jan 20, 2014
That is what I meant.

Upon even further tinkering with Fleksy disabled I've found what I think to be the actual issue....

The speaker crashes the watch.

Fleksy made noise when I tried to type and crashed the watch.
Loaded Google Hangouts, got a message and the watch crashed.
Loaded Pandora, started a music station and the watch crashed
Set an alarm and when it went off the watch crashed.

Has anyone else seen this issue or read about it?

Sounds like you have a speaker wire grounding. ive tryed everything that you mentioed on my own ts and i can not replicate it.