[ROM][AOSP][4.0.4] CM9 Kang *Updated 6/27 8:50pm*

Search This thread

91ludesit

Jun 14, 2009
Winner, loved your droid 1 roms. How close are you to another build? I only ask because I don't want to install the 01/03 build only to find out there is a new one this afternoon.

jakeh0

May 22, 2010
Loving this ROM. One thing I really noticed is that text correction is available in the browser, which was not working on my stock 4.0.2

DSMDev

Dec 8, 2011
Running this ROM with Nova Launcher instead of Trebuchet and it rocks. Nova is light years ahead. Was kinda hopin that CM9 would add AVRCP 1.3 support but alas my car stereo is still without song names. Hopefully soon!

So far everything seems to be working for me.

Thanks for compiling this, much appreciated!

I've been wondering about this. Out of the box, my Droid X sent song metadata to my car stereo over bluetooth.

How did we lose this ICS?

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Fantastic ROM. Just one thing I don't like: the buttons move and squish together when the menu is present. Moving buttons isn't a great idea. Any option the change it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I agree. Finger placement is habit and a hard one. Although I am on the fence with it because I've done both sides. RootzBoat has it where the buttons are static placed. The Menu and Search buttons can be shown or hidden on the fly via settings. However they don't move around, thus when only 3 are visible, they are still smushed together in the middle with lots of extra space on the sides. It looked horrible unless you use all 5.

So I like where CM is going with this, except they need to make the menu key permanent if opted to be displayed in the navigation bar. Having it pop up "when needed" and moving the buttons won't work.

It either needs to be there all the time or not at all. Then auto-adjusting buttons would be perfect.

Here's what I'd like in a 3 button layout:
Back/Close (Hold)
Task/Home (Hold)
Menu/Search (Hold)

I wish they could combine the Menu and Search buttons. I don't really need a dedicated key for Search when I only use it for Google Voice Search on the homescreen.

sinik420

May 30, 2011
Brooklyn, New York, United States
I agree. Finger placement is habit and a hard one. Although I am on the fence with it because I've done both sides. RootzBoat has it where the buttons are static placed. The Menu and Search buttons can be shown or hidden on the fly via settings. However they don't move around, thus when only 3 are visible, they are still smushed together in the middle with lots of extra space on the sides. It looked horrible unless you use all 5.

So I like where CM is going with this, except they need to make the menu key permanent if opted to be displayed in the navigation bar. Having it pop up "when needed" and moving the buttons won't work.

It either needs to be there all the time or not at all. Then auto-adjusting buttons would be perfect.

Here's what I'd like in a 3 button layout:
Back/Close (Hold)
Task/Home (Hold)
Menu/Search (Hold)

I wish they could combine the Menu and Search buttons. I don't really need a dedicated key for Search when I only use it for Google Voice Search on the homescreen.

Then how often would people complain about having a useless menu button there when its not needed. Only having it when needed is perfect

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

NexusMMM

Jan 22, 2010
Loving the rom thus far. Have 1 issue and 1 question.

Issue 1: Getting a very weird audio "artifact" / noise when using maps navigation. Every 25 seconds or so, the phone is making a weird garbled/static sound. Only fix is a reboot.

Question 1: Is there a way for Trebuchet to reclaim the screen space left when disabling the persistent search bar like Nova does? I love the speed and smoothness of Trebuchet, but Nova gives you a whole extra row on top. Nova and CM9 don't appear to play nice (too many FCs) so I can't go back to it.

Thanks all!

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

I had it working until I changed roms

Same here, then I flashed CM9 and got the secure element error. Here's how I finally got it fixed after 3 CWM wipes and reflashes:

1) Ran Super Wipe script (available from Mike's android revolution page at http://goo.gl/4S7Hz)

2) Wiped everything using CWM just for ****s & giggles

3) Flashed CM9

4) Flashed Gapps

5) Flashed the wallet APK from here: http://goo.gl/GzRs7

6) Reboot & set up

All I can say is that don't do an initial reboot until you flash everything in one session of CWM. If I rebooted in between and restored market apps, etc. I got the secure element error. For some reason the trick for me was to flash everything at once. Also, there is a post somewhere saying that the trick is to add funds to your Google prepaid account, but I don't think that does anything. I haven't added funds, and already made my second purchase using the $10 Google gives you...

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

Anyone notice a problem with Exchange not giving notification sounds?

No, working fine here. You do have to set the notification settings within the mail app though. I highly recommend Light Flow (http://goo.gl/TdN9w) for notifications. Haven't set it up with CM9, but it works like a chard on other roms and much better than stock LED notifications. Take a while to set up, but once you do, its well worth it.

91ludesit

Jun 14, 2009
Takes about 3 minutes to update. Never ask for eta's

No need to be a jerk about it, I wasn't asking for an ETA. I was only asking if he was planning to release a new build before I went off flashing my phone and then having to flash another update. I understand there is no reason to ask for an ETA, but I don't see a problem with asking for what the Dev is planning.

Expect one tonight unless something comes up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Thanks!

sinik420

May 30, 2011
No need to be a jerk about it, I wasn't asking for an ETA. I was only asking if he was planning to release a new build before I went off flashing my phone and then having to flash another update. I understand there is no reason to ask for an ETA, but I don't see a problem with asking for what the Dev is planning.

Thanks!

Not a jerk just the only rule cm has lol and settings semantics aside, that's the same thing lol

billin30

Dec 19, 2011
I just read through this whole thread. I'm coming from HD revolutions and I have flashed updated radios and a different kernel. Looks like I have to do the following:

Backup apps with titanium. Should this be all apps and widgets or exclude Google specific ones because they will be installed while flashing gapps.

Wipe data
Wipe cache/davlik
Flash from
Flash gapps
Reboot

Now I would be back at the android start screen correct?

I go through that and the last times I have done that, all of my apps have started auto dling from the market. Should I/ how do I cancel this?

Should I then restore with titanium? Everything of minus backed up gapps?

I am just trying to cover all the bases here and don't want to spend more time restoring everything.

What about music on the device? There any way to not lose that or do I just have to reload every time.

Thanks

NexusMMM

Jan 22, 2010
I just read through this whole thread. I'm coming from HD revolutions and I have flashed updated radios and a different kernel. Looks like I have to do the following:

Backup apps with titanium. Should this be all apps and widgets or exclude Google specific ones because they will be installed while flashing gapps.

Wipe data
Wipe cache/davlik
Flash from
Flash gapps
Reboot

Now I would be back at the android start screen correct?

I go through that and the last times I have done that, all of my apps have started auto dling from the market. Should I/ how do I cancel this?

Should I then restore with titanium? Everything of minus backed up gapps?

I am just trying to cover all the bases here and don't want to spend more time restoring everything.

What about music on the device? There any way to not lose that or do I just have to reload every time.

Thanks

Honestly (and many here are likely to disagree) I would forgo the Titanium route and do a clean restore from Market when flashing a new rom. I know it's a pain, but I just find that historically, I had fewer issues when doing it this way. Do it once, set it up right, then run a nandroid and Titanium your apps. I don't do this after flashing updates, but only when going from one rom to another, it feels a whole lot "cleaner" to me.

sway40

Jul 11, 2009
Houston Tx
I just let the market restore my apps as well bc it automatically starts and since im on wifi it's fast. I find it has less problems this way also, the only thing I back up using mybackup pro is some games and the data since im rooted it saves the app data. I always ran into problems on my evo when I restored all my apps and data from a backup program. I've used both titanium and mybackup but I just find that mybackup is easier and to the point.

~Sent from my Galaxy Nexus on Cm9~

sinik420

May 30, 2011
Honestly (and many here are likely to disagree) I would forgo the Titanium route and do a clean restore from Market when flashing a new rom. I know it's a pain, but I just find that historically, I had fewer issues when doing it this way. Do it once, set it up right, then run a nandroid and Titanium your apps. I don't do this after flashing updates, but only when going from one rom to another, it feels a whole lot "cleaner" to me.

Agreed, titanium and rom manager are two things that cause most problems

eallan

Apr 23, 2010

Titanium backup has worked pretty perfectly for me over the years. The only app that causes issues is chrome to phone.

When restoring just user apps I've never had an issue (other than c2p.)

Having said that, the auto restore of ICS is much more reliable than it used to be.

drmp3z

Aug 25, 2008
update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-GN-CDMA-KANG-signed.01052012-0818.zip

what about this release?

TheDave1022

Nov 7, 2007
Not a jerk just the only rule cm has lol and settings semantics aside, that's the same thing lol

Technically it's the rule for a CM release. The OP is just compiling and making the Kang for us. See no issue asking if he was planning to compile a new build soon. The OP also had no issue responding.

Top Liked Posts