Acer Recovery Intaller 2.99beta1 (A100/A101/A200/A500/A501)

Search This thread

mastashake

Apr 4, 2012
Up a creek, found my paddle

I just wanted to thank you, Euclid's brother, profusely for this gem of an app. Flashing an AOKP ROM had borked my recovery and to my dismay, I discovered that my micro USB was faulty (I hadn't used it in some time so I was unaware when flashing), so I was stuck in no man's land for quite some time. You have made my day

wildrat58

Feb 21, 2010
Alabama
Tried twrp both versions in acer recovery. Neither worked. The newest version booted into recovery but it does not fit A100 screen properly and touch does not work. The older version of twrp does not boot into recovery at all.

wildrat58

Feb 21, 2010
Alabama
What steps, I used acer recovery. As far as I know you select the recovery you want to use and hit install recovery.

jamminjon82

Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
0. It has been tested on the A100 ICS firmware.
1. The tablet should be already rooted and charged more than on 30 %. Сonnect the tablet to the computer and power on.
2. Download this arhive. Unpack it to any place.
3. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file:
for windows with the rights of administrator
Code:
install.bat.
4. Wait. After recovery will be flashed in on a tablet, the trial entrance in the recovery mode will be made.

wildrat58

Feb 21, 2010
Alabama
I. Just saw where you said acer recovery was A500 only, well that makes sense now.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

I thought he had fixed it with an update as last night was the first time I have seen twrp in the menu for acer recovery. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:

elborak

Jun 8, 2010
TWRP 2.2.0 is now out. Would be nice to have it recognized when time permits.

Thanks.

Moustapha Aly

Aug 25, 2012
when i press "install recovery image" button , the app crashes and stop working !!
anyone know this prob. solution !!

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
when i press "install recovery image" button , the app crashes and stop working !!
anyone know this prob. solution !!

Which recovery?
What bootloader are u on?
You'll need the patched bootloader for ICS/JB roms/recoveries.
If you dont yet have the patched BL, you need to nvFlash first, civato's manual flash, blackthund3rs apxFlash Tool or afterOTA Tool if you've OTA'ed to ICS

Reactions: Moustapha Aly

Moustapha Aly

Aug 25, 2012
Which recovery?
What bootloader are u on?
You'll need the patched bootloader for ICS/JB roms/recoveries.
If you dont yet have the patched BL, you need to nvFlash first, civato's manual flash, blackthund3rs apxFlash Tool or afterOTA Tool if you've OTA'ed to ICS

Thanks a lot for your help
But I can't understand how to do the patch, how could I know the boot loader which I am on!

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
Thanks a lot for your help
But I can't understand how to do the patch, how could I know the boot loader which I am on!

Sent from my A500 using xda app-developers app

if you have the patched bootloader your tab will display text on yr screen which version you have....

do you have a working tab at the moment other than the fact ARI crashes or are u trying to fix something?

EDIT There are plenty of guides to patch the BL - see my sig OR head to this great thread by jdgM3NT4L (post #20)

Last edited:
Reactions: JdgM3NT4L

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a beta release of the latest Acer Recovery Installer. Once the beta is finished, it will be release on the android market as version 3.0.

This release supports Acer Iconia A100, A200 and A500/A501. A100 and A200 must be using the ICS bootloader from the A200. Currently, there are no custom ROMs listed for the A100 and only one for the A200. More to come soon. There is a version of thor's 1.7 recovery for all devices. And all the included custom recoveries are GPL compliant. They all use stock kernels.

Since this version is not on the android market, it cannot validate any premium licenses, although it will use one if you already have a local license file. Therefore, this beta version will allow you to access the premium features w/o purchasing.

Some Notes:
    It will create a folder in the internal sdcard called ".AcerRecoveryInstaller", which is where it will store the downloaded custom recovery files. Premium user license is also stored here.

Much of the code on the main page was rewritten and modularized to help facilitate support of new devices. When the A510 and A700 come out, it should be fairly easy to support those as well (assuming we can unlock the bootloader on them.)

Recovery files are no longer embeded in the apk you download from the market, which makes the apk MUCH smaller. Supporting multiple devices would have made the apk much too large if they were still included in the apk. The recovery files will be downloaded the first time you run this version. If you install it over a previous version, it will try to copy them from the old location first.

Download
    http://www.interphaze.com/ROMs/Beta/Acer_Recovery_Installer.apk
    md5: f0a03b50e08faa09e8d49e7224b0cd0f

After downloading, the file will probably end up with a .zip extension instead of a .apk. Just rename it to .apk to install it.

As I release new versions, I'll updated this OP.

EDIT: A number of users have been confused by the red outlined banner at the bottom. This banner replaced the links to my other apps a few versions back (2.7 something). The presence of that banner does not mean you've lost your premium license. The next beta will probably display a thank you banner instead of the one shown now if the premium features have already been purchased.

EDIT: V2.99beta3 is available at the link above. Much of the underlying code was changed and needed much testing. I believe it is pretty stable now. It supports TWRP 2.1.1!
    I will make custom rom for A100 , give me some time.
    Just been very busy.

EDIT
    Full A100 custom rom is in A100 section
    V2.99beta3 is available at the link above. Much of the underlying code was changed and needed much testing. I believe it is pretty stable now.

* It supports TWRP 2.1.1 via OpenRecoveryScript.
    * Licensing code updated.
    * Banner at botton of main screen reflect current license status.
    * Can check/install app updates from the setting menu.
    * Resolution should work better for A100

Cheers,
    EB
    Will this allow me to flash a working gpl compliant recovery on unlocked bl v3?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

yes. If the cwm is listed in the app, then it is GPL compliant. It does support the ICS bootloader.. Doesn't matter if it's the .11-ICS or the .12-UNL
    For me (future changelog)