Best way to get back to stock?

Search This thread
J

justinisloco

So I am currently on vacation for the next week, and I wanted to bring my phone back to stock. Not nesesarily unroot, but stock enough to completely start from scratch. I am running PA. I do not have access to a computer until next week. What will be my best route?

I want to be able to get an OTA if there is an update, and I won't mind losing root once there is an update. That's one thing.

As well as, what can I do once I get back to the stock state which will help me completely wipe my phone without having to flash the stock image (once again, no computer)

Thanks!

cyanhackx

May 21, 2014
arch/arm/kernel
So I am currently on vacation for the next week, and I wanted to bring my phone back to stock. Not nesesarily unroot, but stock enough to completely start from scratch. I am running PA. I do not have access to a computer until next week. What will be my best route?

I want to be able to get an OTA if there is an update, and I won't mind losing root once there is an update. That's one thing.

As well as, what can I do once I get back to the stock state which will help me completely wipe my phone without having to flash the stock image (once again, no computer)

Thanks!

Look for a stock flashable ROM, thats the only option you have given the current state that you have just said.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Lol maybe I should've asked this- what would be the disadvantage of flashing the stock ROM vs flashing the stock img on the PC?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This is only a stock rom. It leaves your recovery etc as is. By a PC, you return the whole phone to stock.

Unless you're having issues, I wouldn't recommend doing anything whilst you're away

D

Darth

This is only a stock rom. It leaves your recovery etc as is. By a PC, you return the whole phone to stock.

Unless you're having issues, I wouldn't recommend doing anything whilst you're away

This is an excellent post! Lol

If you are away.... And play around with your phone.... You may end up with no phone the rest of your vacation.

Leave it til you get home!!! Unless you can potentially live without it if something goes wrong. ;)

J

justinisloco

This is an excellent post! Lol

If you are away.... And play around with your phone.... You may end up with no phone the rest of your vacation.

Leave it til you get home!!! Unless you can potentially live without it if something goes wrong. ;)

Lol I don't think I know anyone who could live without the phone.

I ended up flashing the stock ROM anyway, and will just flash img when I get back