[Q] Change 3G band to European GSM 900/1800

Search This thread

Flex

Sep 1, 2011
A family member gifted me a Galaxy S4, however it is the SGH-M919. I currently live in Europe and 3G bands in my region are GSM 900/1800. At the moment I can't access 3G and any other type of data for that matter (LTE is not supported here). Is there a way to change T-mobile 950 and 1900 bands to my region ones?

Thanks for taking your time to answer :(

mozeem

Jan 4, 2010
Hello Flex,

I have the same phone "Samsung S4 SGH-M919 - Tmobile" and I live in Hungary, it works fine with me all you have to do is just to switch form WCDMA/GSM to any other option "like GSM only" then back to WCDMA/GSM as a kind of refresh and the 3G will work fine after that, you can find this inside Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network mode, but unfortunately you have to do this every time you restart your device.

There is also another alternative solution is to reset the Access point names to default, you can find this inside Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.

to be honest I don't know the reason of this error, but try what I described and tell me if it works with you.

Good Luck

x2bc4

Oct 21, 2009
Habana
Well. I have the exact same phone and have tried several ROMs, either custom or stock and basebands also. Nothing seems to work. The very few users who reported it was working didn't provide much evidence of it. Even Wikipedia says no 3G 900MHz availability for this phone. A simple edit to NV 1877 values won't solve it. I've tried that too.