[ROM][SGH-T399][T399UVUANE4][4.2.2] PreRooted, Busybox & Odin Flashable

Search This thread

@root@

Jul 4, 2012
Galaxy Light SGH-T399 Stock ROM T399UVUANE4

root_IT.jpg

It is the official ROM T399UVUANE4 and has (Superuser v1.99r5 + SU) && (Busybox 1.22.1).

No changes has been made to this ROM. (I just injected SU,Superuser.apk & Busybox)

The easiest way to update your device without losing Superuser access.

NOTE
Backup all your data before installing this ROM.

Installation :

1- Download T399UVUANE4 Firmware from the link below.

2- Download Odin 3 (tested on v3.07 & v3.09 thanks to WetWilly)

3-Turn off your device and and boot into DOWNLOAD MODE by holding the Volume Down+Home+Power. Then Press Volume UP.

4-Run Odin and Make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are selected.

5-Connect your device to your computer via a USB cable. (You should see “Added!” text at the message box of Odin GUI.)

6-Click the "PDA" OR "AP" (Odin v3.09) button and select the ROM's file (extension tar.md5) and wait until it verifies the ROM's file.

7-Press the "Start" Button to begin the installation process.

8-Wait to see the "PASS!" message.

Download Link:
T399UVUANE4 Firmware

MD5:B50E44B628ECFA46D72DB4C9808F5C5E

If you are having some troubles after installing this ROM then, backup your data and run factory reset or (wipe cache & data)

Last edited:

WetWilly

Apr 26, 2007
Gave it a shot with Odin 3.09, flash went fine. Only change in instructions was to use the AP button in step 6 because Odin 3.09 doesn't have a PDA button. Root is there, biggest thing post-flash was reinstalling the Xposed framework; after that all the modules worked with their old settings. Didn't wipe data, had 3 apps stop but have reinstalled them and will see what happens. One definite fix from MJ4 is that the Name ID app, which never worked before, now works.

So far, so good. Thanks!

@root@

Jul 4, 2012
I learned my lesson, don't delete system apps without making a backup!!!! Already on NE4 but gotta dl this to repair my phone. It's saying that I don't have a sim card in it

do you know exactly which apk you removed and caused the "No Sim" msg ?

unfortunately, official roms are full of junkware.

:D a list of what I removed: (tazmaniondvl said it "backup b4 removing")

Code:
AccuweatherPhone2013.apk
AllshareControlShare.apk
AllshareFileShare.apk
AllshareFileShareClient.apk
AllshareFileShareServer.apk
Books.apk
com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd.apk --> T-Mobile Junk
CSC.apk
DirectConnect.apk
DirectShareManager.apk
ECID-release_TMO.apk --> T-Mobile Junk
ELMAgent.apk
Hangouts.apk  --> I dont use it
Highlight_TMO.apk --> T-Mobile Junk
InteractiveTutorial.apk
IQ_OOB_TMO.apk --> T-Mobile Junk
IQ-tmobile-release-unsigned.signed_TMO.apk --> T-Mobile Junk
IQToggle.signed_TMO.apk --> T-Mobile Junk
ISISWallet_TMO.apk  --> T-Mobile Junk
kieswifi.apk --> useless to me
Lookout_TMO.apk --> useless + slows down my device
Magazines.apk
MediaHub_TMO.apk  --> T-Mobile Junk
MobilePrintSvc_*.apk --> removed some of them like epson.
Music2.apk ---> replaced it with a better music player
MusicHub_31_NK.apk
MusicLiveShare.apk
MusicPlayerWT.apk
PageBuddyNotiSvc2.apk
PlayGames.apk
PlusOne.apk
SamsungApps.apk
SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
SamsungIME.apk
SamsungSans.apk
Samsungservice.apk
SamsungTTS.apk
sCloudBackupApp.apk
sCloudBackupProvider.apk
sCloudDataRelay.apk
sCloudDataSync.apk
sCloudQuotaApp.apk
sCloudSyncCalendar.apk
sCloudSyncContacts.apk
sCloudSyncSBrowserBookmark.apk
sCloudSyncSBrowserTabs.apk
sCloudSyncSNote.apk
SecEmail_J.apk --> Replaced it with a better email app
SecExchange.apk --> Email app's plugin
SecSetupWizard2013.apk --> the initial setup wizard (language selection, phone name...etc)
SecVideoList.apk
SecVideoPlayer.apk
SNS.apk
SPPPushClient_Prod.apk
S-Voice_Android_phone_J.apk
talkback.apk
TmoWfcPref.apk   --> T-Mobile Junk
Velvet.apk
Videos.apk
Vvm_TMO.apk    --> T-Mobile Junk

google these apk to know exactly what are they used for.

Reactions: GalaxySmokes

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix

Code:
AccuweatherPhone2013.apk
AllshareControlShare.apk
AllshareFileShare.apk
Books.apk
CSC.apk
DirectConnect.apk
DirectShareManager.apk
ELMAgent.apk
InteractiveTutorial.apk
Magazines.apk
MusicHub_31_NK.apk
MusicLiveShare.apk
MusicPlayerWT.apk
PageBuddyNotiSvc2.apk
PlayGames.apk
PlusOne.apk
SamsungApps.apk
SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
SamsungIME.apk
SamsungSans.apk
Samsungservice.apk
SamsungTTS.apk
sCloudBackupApp.apk
sCloudBackupProvider.apk
sCloudDataRelay.apk
sCloudDataSync.apk
sCloudQuotaApp.apk
sCloudSyncCalendar.apk
sCloudSyncContacts.apk
sCloudSyncSNote.apk
SecSetupWizard2013.apk --> the initial setup wizard (language selection, phone name...etc)
SecVideoList.apk
SecVideoPlayer.apk
SNS.apk
SPPPushClient_Prod.apk
talkback.apk
Velvet.apk
Videos.apk

I have no idea top be honest, im thinking it was the phone apk, as that's what I was removing but decided to remove more then just that.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: yhungjerich

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
... don't delete or freeze system apps without making a backup!!!

FTFY, learned the hard way.

I know better too lol, but who would think the dialer and contacts would do that, even if I had another dialer lol

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

I know better too lol, but who would think the dialer and contacts would do that, even if I had another dialer lol

I think I clicked something while scrolling and didn't notice it

Reactions: hrisikesa

WetWilly

Apr 26, 2007
Not a surprise considering that the "Auto update of time and date" toast at startup is actually generated by the stock dialer. That would explain the "No SIM" message when the stock dialer is removed. Also, when I used exDialer and another one I don't recall, the stock dialer/contacts was still needed for certain things like dialing the "#*" system codes. Another lesson learned - the other dialers passed 911 calls to the stock dialer as well. That doesn't seem like an issue unless you get the infamous Samsung "Unfortunately, Contacts has stopped" problem - which I did - at which point the phone wouldn't dial 911 at all. NOT good.

On another note, after reinstalling the handful of apps that stopped after flashing this update, the phone has been working fine.

pennhaven

Apr 16, 2012
Anyone else tried to download this from the link T399UVUANE4 Firmware in the OP lately?

Running the sght399ne4prerooted.tar.md5.exe that downloads not only fails to extract any tar, it installs a utility called ezdownloader and numerous pieces of adware and/or potential malware. I would not even suggest attempting to test extract/install it without first imaging a clean backup of your OS drive.

Would the OP or anyone else please provide an actual clean copy of what is allegedly offered here?

Last edited:
Reactions: DroidoverAplleduh

@root@

Jul 4, 2012
Anyone else tried to download this from the link T399UVUANE4 Firmware in the OP lately?

Running the sght399ne4prerooted.tar.md5.exe that downloads not only fails to extract any tar, it installs a utility called ezdownloader and numerous pieces of adware and/or potential malware. I would not even suggest attempting to test extract/install it without first imaging a clean backup of your OS drive.

Would the OP or anyone else please provide an actual clean copy of what is allegedly offered here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN15vBcjdN0&t=0m17s

Most users click on an "I agree" or "I accept" button without reading the long and complex license agreement that expresses consent to place the malware onto their systems.

http://www.internetworldstats.com/articles/art053.htm

@root@

Jul 4, 2012
Unfortunately, I could not find a better free file hosting website that allows users to upload large files (Note: ROM's file size is 1.3GB).

WetWilly

Apr 26, 2007
I really wish you had posted it to another host, though, or at least included a warning. I spent quite a lot more time than would have been necessary if I had just installed the OE ROM and re-rooted.

Sorry I didn't see notifications for this thread earlier or I would have pointed out the checkbox; in fact, on my screen the large arrow next to the "Download" button points directly right at the checkbox. To be fair to the OP many free download hosts have similar pre-checked boxes to download custom extensions/downloaders loaded with adware. As for the lack of a warning, it's a given these days that one has to read the download page carefully before clicking any "Download" button.

pennhaven

Apr 16, 2012
Sorry I didn't see notifications for this thread earlier or I would have pointed out the checkbox; in fact, on my screen the large arrow next to the "Download" button points directly right at the checkbox. To be fair to the OP many free download hosts have similar pre-checked boxes to download custom extensions/downloaders loaded with adware. As for the lack of a warning, it's a given these days that one has to read the download page carefully before clicking any "Download" button.
Here is a capture of the first screen presented by the download site on Firefox:

BillionCapture.jpg

Note there is no warning and no arrow. Only by following the non-intuitive instructions from the video @root@ linked to can you know to avoid clicking on Download Now, which loads this screen:

Billion2Capture.jpg

Once again there is nothing to make clear that clicking Download Now will do something you might not want. Which is in fact what happens.

There may be limited free hosts available to host files of this size, and @root@ may not have intended any harm, but this download host is a bad actor, and should only be used with explicit warnings.

WetWilly

Apr 26, 2007
Here is a capture of the first screen presented by the download site on Firefox:

I am using Firefox 24.5.0 ESR and have NEVER gotten that giant "Download Now" button the multiple times I have visited that download site. I literally just visited @root@'s link while typing this reply and I still didn't get it, so I'm assuming there's something with your browser, settings, add-ons, or cookies that's allowing that button to show up.

Regardless, you learned another rule of thumb - when you go to one of these download sites and there are two "Download" buttons, ignore the big one and select the less obvious one.

Reactions: hatchet13rydin69

pennhaven

Apr 16, 2012
I am using Firefox 24.5.0 ESR and have NEVER gotten that giant "Download Now" button the multiple times I have visited that download site. I literally just visited @root@'s link while typing this reply and I still didn't get it, so I'm assuming there's something with your browser, settings, add-ons, or cookies that's allowing that button to show up.

Regardless, you learned another rule of thumb - when you go to one of these download sites and there are two "Download" buttons, ignore the big one and select the less obvious one.

I'm on Firefox 30.0. Addons, cookies - certainly I have a few of former and plenty of the latter.

You could have stopped after the first paragraph, though.The rest is unnecessary condescension. Yes indeed I have learned something. I've been downloading shareware, utilities and firmware for decades, but it took first time experience with this download host to teach me the lesson.

WetWilly

Apr 26, 2007
You could have stopped after the first paragraph, though.The rest is unnecessary condescension.

1) It was not condescension - sorry if you took it that way, but other people read these threads and while you posted the helpful screenshots, you never mentioned that the "correct" Download button was the small, innocuous one in your screenshot and not the giant "Download Now" button.

2) Condescension or not, I have to admit I'm baffled as to how someone who's been downloading for decades has NEVER seen a filehoster like this. Almost all of the smaller ones and/or lesser known ones have been doing this for quite a while and, with that in mind, it's unfair to single out and label this host - one of the VERY few that will allow free downloads as large as this ROM - a "bad actor".

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
I'm using Firefox, and although I didn't download the file (it'd take 3 hours, and I don't need it), it seems like it'll download just fine. 2 clicks. No waiting 30 or 60 seconds either. I really don't know what some of you are *****ing about.

bassmannate

Apr 24, 2008
Is there perhaps another download of this? The one at Billion Downloads starts just fine but craps out after a few minutes. Been trying all day from various browsers. Most I ever got was ~50MB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxy Light SGH-T399 Stock ROM T399UVUANE4

root_IT.jpg

It is the official ROM T399UVUANE4 and has (Superuser v1.99r5 + SU) && (Busybox 1.22.1).

No changes has been made to this ROM. (I just injected SU,Superuser.apk & Busybox)

The easiest way to update your device without losing Superuser access.

NOTE
    Backup all your data before installing this ROM.

Installation :

1- Download T399UVUANE4 Firmware from the link below.

2- Download Odin 3 (tested on v3.07 & v3.09 thanks to WetWilly)

3-Turn off your device and and boot into DOWNLOAD MODE by holding the Volume Down+Home+Power. Then Press Volume UP.

4-Run Odin and Make sure that only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are selected.

5-Connect your device to your computer via a USB cable. (You should see “Added!” text at the message box of Odin GUI.)

6-Click the "PDA" OR "AP" (Odin v3.09) button and select the ROM's file (extension tar.md5) and wait until it verifies the ROM's file.

7-Press the "Start" Button to begin the installation process.

8-Wait to see the "PASS!" message.

Download Link:
    T399UVUANE4 Firmware

MD5:B50E44B628ECFA46D72DB4C9808F5C5E

If you are having some troubles after installing this ROM then, backup your data and run factory reset or (wipe cache & data)
    Gave it a shot with Odin 3.09, flash went fine. Only change in instructions was to use the AP button in step 6 because Odin 3.09 doesn't have a PDA button. Root is there, biggest thing post-flash was reinstalling the Xposed framework; after that all the modules worked with their old settings. Didn't wipe data, had 3 apps stop but have reinstalled them and will see what happens. One definite fix from MJ4 is that the Name ID app, which never worked before, now works.

So far, so good. Thanks!
    Its easy getting ane4 just go to sammobile click firmware, type t399 in search download flash via odin. And install lightwave. Ane4 is much better then mj4 and the newest is even better. @root@ is currently updating lightwave to latest.

Ok. So just install the official from Samsung and then install lightwave? Basically all I'm trying to get updated is the baseband, right? I'm guessing that the reason I read that lightwave should be done AFTER the stock rom is because it doesn't include an updated baseband. Can I flash all this via TWRP? I got that on today and backed up everything. Would prefer to do that since I'm running Linux and had to use my wife's computer to flash TWRP via odin. Tried several tools on Linux and it just wouldn't go.
    I learned my lesson, don't delete system apps without making a backup!!!! Already on NE4 but gotta dl this to repair my phone. It's saying that I don't have a sim card in it

Code:
    AccuweatherPhone2013.apk
    AllshareControlShare.apk
    AllshareFileShare.apk
    Books.apk
    CSC.apk
    DirectConnect.apk
    DirectShareManager.apk
    ELMAgent.apk
    InteractiveTutorial.apk
    Magazines.apk
    MusicHub_31_NK.apk
    MusicLiveShare.apk
    MusicPlayerWT.apk
    PageBuddyNotiSvc2.apk
    PlayGames.apk
    PlusOne.apk
    SamsungApps.apk
    SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
    SamsungIME.apk
    SamsungSans.apk
    Samsungservice.apk
    SamsungTTS.apk
    sCloudBackupApp.apk
    sCloudBackupProvider.apk
    sCloudDataRelay.apk
    sCloudDataSync.apk
    sCloudQuotaApp.apk
    sCloudSyncCalendar.apk
    sCloudSyncContacts.apk
    sCloudSyncSNote.apk
    SecVideoList.apk
    SecVideoPlayer.apk
    SNS.apk
    SPPPushClient_Prod.apk
    talkback.apk
    Velvet.apk
    Videos.apk

Code:
    AccuweatherPhone2013.apk
    AllshareControlShare.apk
    AllshareFileShare.apk
    Books.apk
    CSC.apk
    DirectConnect.apk
    DirectShareManager.apk
    ELMAgent.apk
    InteractiveTutorial.apk
    Magazines.apk
    MusicHub_31_NK.apk
    MusicLiveShare.apk
    MusicPlayerWT.apk
    PageBuddyNotiSvc2.apk
    PlayGames.apk
    PlusOne.apk
    SamsungApps.apk
    SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
    SamsungIME.apk
    SamsungSans.apk
    Samsungservice.apk
    SamsungTTS.apk
    sCloudBackupApp.apk
    sCloudBackupProvider.apk
    sCloudDataRelay.apk
    sCloudDataSync.apk
    sCloudQuotaApp.apk
    sCloudSyncCalendar.apk
    sCloudSyncContacts.apk
    sCloudSyncSNote.apk
    SecVideoList.apk
    SecVideoPlayer.apk
    SNS.apk
    SPPPushClient_Prod.apk
    talkback.apk
    Velvet.apk
    Videos.apk

I have no idea top be honest, im thinking it was the phone apk, as that's what I was removing but decided to remove more then just that.