Search This thread

unknown_owner

Nov 27, 2009
Hey guys, If you see one of these sites go up for pre-order or anything, please don't go listing it on Slickdeals. Give those dedicated to this forum a chance to get it before the world is notified just so you can get reps on slick deals.

Plus it's better to get thanks from people who may totally appreciate you and what you do then people who may only see you once a year.

Last edited:

zahir32

Jan 17, 2011
LOL already out of stock :)

Goodness... PC Richard drained their supplies fast. Or was this another case of premature advertising?

My 7 am order today seems to be holding up, but I guess I could get an apology any time saying they don't really have it in stock. My credit card however shows a pending charge, so fingers crossed that the early bird did get this particular worm.

And yes, without Donatom3 's link, I wouldn't have been in line at all; a big thanks for that.

donatom3

Oct 13, 2007
Costa Mesa, CA
Hey guys, If you see one of these sites go up for pre-order or anything, please don't go listing it on Slickdeals. Give those dedicated to this forum a chance to get it before the world is notified just so you can get reps on slick deals.

Plus it's better to get thanks from people who may totally appreciate you and what you do then people who may only see you once a year.

Oh don't worry. I only will spend enough time to post on one site, and I like the people better here. :)

Pinta1jr

Jun 16, 2010
Talked to a guy at Best Buy yesterday who actually was somewhat educated and knew what I was talking about with the Transformer. He said they had several people come in and ask but when they checked the RSS they couldn't find anything. Said they already had some Acer A500's and that those would be on sale Monday but really sounds like the stores are out of the loop on this one (I know this has been stated by several already).

In my personal opinion the reason why sites like Best Buy and Amazon have not yet posted anything is because they haven't received any shipments and therefore cannot predict enough to start preorders. To go off of what the staples employee said about not selling for at least a month IN STORE it makes sense. I would not be surprised if this ends being released only online and later in brick and mortar stores. While I cannot think of a time a where this has happened I can't see why it wouldn't be possible. They have already announced shortages throughout Europe, so the fact that they even announced an April 26th release date is somewhat surprising. I have a feeling they're trying to meet that April release date and make some of us happy. It would make sense that none of the stores know anything about it if it were released online only.

Also, for what its worth I did notice that Best Buy's tablet site has been slightly changed today (meaning it has been updated) but with no information on the transformer. They've added a Huawei tablet that was not previously listed I do not believe.

unknown_owner

Nov 27, 2009
Thought I might share what I've been using to search the sites (plus I was tired of having all these tabs open on my browser :D). I used each site's search engine for "asus transformer" and have been refreshing it every so often. I didn't want to start a new thread so thought I would post it here. Below are the links for the "asus transformer" search. This is in no way to undermind this great thread that tineras started.

Amazon
Amrican TV
B&H
BestBuy
Don't know how accurate these can be so:
- BB Location tracking for 16gb
- BB Location tracking for 32GB
BJ's
Buy.com
Datavision
Fry's
hhgregg
JR.com
Microcenter
Newegg
OfficeMax
OfficeDepot
PC Richards & Son
Sears
Staples
Target
TigerDirect
Walmart
ExcaliberPC
Neobits - couldn't save search page

Last edited:

Crimton

Apr 30, 2010
Nashville
sold my xoom last night so i can get this. the acer might have been a possible option for me but it looks like it has little interest here on xda, i didn't even see a section for it yet. this will be my 4th or 5th android tablet in the last 6 months, hopefully this will be the one i've been waiting for. the xoom was almost perfect, but the lack of usb ports along with the high price and a few other things made the asus too enticing to pass up. i'm hoping to buy from amazon, it looks like these places are selling out quick so i'm watching this thread like a hawk ;)

jurrsaix

Aug 31, 2010
Cincy
...I would not be surprised if this ends being released only online and later in brick and mortar stores.

Again, I don't understand why anyone came under the impression that it would be sold in stores (unless listed as the store). The press release says bestbuy.com, walmart.com, etc. This is exactly what they seem like they have always been planning on doing.

An update related to this thread. Staples and Best Buy both have their ads up and neither have any mention of either tablets releasing this week.

I still don't think we'll see anything until Tuesday and hopefully be able to get it overnighted Prime style from Amazon.

Gbcue

Aug 23, 2009
CA
www.gbcue.com
I checked PC Richards shipping and it was $10 for 3-5 days and then the shipping fees just got outlandish. ($80 for overnight!)

I e-mailed NewEgg to see if they could give me upgraded shipping (hey, worth a shot since they royally screwed things up so far) and they said I can have my $2.99 rush fee back. :rolleyes:

Not sure why everyone is such a big fan of NewEgg.

Sold item before in stock or date allowed to be sold.... Check!
Item sold at full retail price + expensive shipping.... Check!
Charged card in full before shipping... Check!
Won't commit to a ship date... Check!
Won't give any more information about existing order... Check!
Closed on Saturday... (really??) Check!
Don't offer anything for their screw-up.... Check!

You forgot SALES TAX. I don't know why everybody is clamoring to purchase this at B&M with the large amount of tax. It's almost 10% here, an extra $40!

Online from Amazon or a site that doesn't charge you sales tax is the way to go.

bleclair

Jan 24, 2010
Albuquerque
You forgot SALES TAX. I don't know why everybody is clamoring to purchase this at B&M with the large amount of tax. It's almost 10% here, an extra $40!

Online from Amazon or a site that doesn't charge you sales tax is the way to go.

I didn't forget sales tax, but wow that's a lot for you guys...

It's 7% here, so that'd be about $28 for me, minus the $15 i paid NewEgg for shipping...

So for $13 extra would I pay to have it sooner and have a local store to complain to if there are any problems?

Yep.

wynand32

Jan 2, 2008

Yep, in LA County here. Sales tax is ridiculous, so I'll probably buy from Amazon and pay 2nd day air (don't have Prime) to get it sooner.

PHAMOS1

Jul 31, 2010
Im in Chicago, we are in the same boat sales tax is 9.75% thats why im hopin Amazon(im a prime member) gets it tomorrow

Last edited:

TJNooker

Jan 31, 2011
Chicago
Im in Chicago, we are in the same boat sales tax is 9.75% thats why im hopin Amazon(im a prime member) gets it tomorrow

Same here, plus I am the online coupon master. If the coupon/discount exists, I will find it ;) (a skill one acquires from years of poverty)

Sent from my NookColor using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts