PS3 bluetooth remote control app...

Search This thread

nosaj97

Apr 12, 2010
i could care less about typing
i would just like to b able to navigate the menus and use the media controls..

ruoppster

Dec 30, 2010
Calabash, NC
Status on PS3 Remote for Android

I have contacted Sony and asked if they have plans to create the software and if they dont if they could release the API/Software needed for the community to create their own solutions. I will keep you updated on their response.

xru

Jan 12, 2011
San Jose
I'd love to see this implemented too. I've searched whole bunch of forums today, and nobody has solution yet :(

elijahblake

Feb 18, 2010
Brandon, MS
i would gladly buy this app...

Maybe now that the files are out for the ps3 to be jailbroken, then you could dive deeper into the ps3.. Maybe we could even install an app on the ps3 that allows our phones to control it?

This may be something to send an email to some of the guys hacking on the ps3!!!

Last edited:

HarpingOn

Oct 20, 2010
I want bluetooth remote on my Galaxy S to be able to control the PS3 so I can program it step-wise to play GT5 B-Spec races all day/night to rack up credits. It just needs the odd button press now and again to go through the race.

A frivolous task for sure. But I'd pay for a macro programmable bluetooth remote for Android that could control the PS3. I'm sure there'd be other things I could do with it besides GT5.

tageeboy

May 10, 2006
Tampa
www.cypresscreekmall.com
PS3 Remote

I would imagine that now since the JB has been in the wild for sometime regarding the PS3 and about 2 weeks the master encryption key was hacked by a crypto guy and we can now install any version firmware, custom firmware, homebrew software, and any OS. I would imagine it would be pretty easy to write a web controlled interface for the PS3 and then use Android to control it via a simple HTTP or HTTPS connection ? Maybe I am mistaken but I think it would be quite possible if not pretty easy for a good developer. I am thinking something similar to Tivo Remote. SOrry if I am repeating or mispeaking.

AK SeaWolf69

Jun 29, 2010
Montebello
www.facebook.com
Any progress yet? I found this if it helps any? www youtube com / watch?v=mH_NBKtj0R8

which linked me to this site www fpsece net

Can't submit direct links yet so you just have to bare with me. I am very interested in using my PS3 Controller via bluetooth on my Viewsonic G tablet to play emulators and kwaak3. Please keep up the good work!!

Last edited:

MurphXDA

Feb 16, 2012
PS3 Remote Idea

There is an app called Blueput-Droid that will do this I believe, but I think its only on specific models. If you have an x2, then no dice unless you have CM7 on it. Thats what I am doing now. I took my add medicine for the first time in a while so the plan for today is to Clean up my Windows, create an additional partition and install Back Track (For my hacking classes I am soon to take at school for my bachelors; THEN, Back up and clean up my Droid, Flash CM7 on it the most stable way documented, and connect the two with all my Forum/Email/Messenger/applications and completely sync the two with my Windows (as much as possible), my bad ass linux machine, and eventually - check this out - either install a secondary hard drive or partition half of a new bigger HD for the Sony as Half Linux and Half PS3. The Android being fully sync'd with the Sony and with the Linux box that resides in it. Yes, you guessed it. I eventually wanna make it into my Android server, Downloading app updates all together then batch installing them on my phone at night while Im asleep, Weekly backups of my Contacts, Pictures, Music, etc over the LAN and overall sharpening my Networking skills in a complete Linux environment, thus making me more valuable as an IT Admin and an Android owner, MWA HA HA HA!!

So... What do ya think?

PS: OH! an dyea, by the way, does that remote app you speak of work with the Motorola Droid x2 or do you know?

Tyrade

Mar 14, 2012
development

Hey guys,

I actually started working on an app like this about 5 days ago. I have the framework done for some VERY BASIC communication...but have hit a brick wall. Need some developer help. People familiar with PS3 and Android Bluetooth API please stand up? :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Status on PS3 Remote for Android

I have contacted Sony and asked if they have plans to create the software and if they dont if they could release the API/Software needed for the community to create their own solutions. I will keep you updated on their response.
    Trying to develop a PS3 Remote.

So, I am a Java Developer with a lot of J2EE development experience for a lot of very popular companies that I will not name here for the fear of prosecution (maybe?). Anyways, I bought my first Android phone a month ago, a Samsung Captivate to be exact. I was trolling the internet for an idea of developing my first Android app and came across this thread.

Needless to say since then I have downloaded the Android SDK and have actually made some progress. Thus far I am able to connect my phone, via my app, to the PS3 using bluetooh. Although, I have had experience with Socket Server/Client programming I am a total novice to the bluetooth protocol.

Basically, I simply don't know what commands I am suppose to write to the outputstream once a connection has been opened between my phone and my PS3 to mimic a keyboard and eventually a PS3 controller. I tried searching on the internet for the set of commands and/or protocol but was unable to find anything.

Is there anyone here who can help me with that?

P.S: I am not promising anything since this is my first Android app but programming is my passion and I am personally interested in this. We will see how it goes depending on how much help I can get :).

Thanks.