[Q] should i worry about tiny scratches on camera glass?

Search This thread

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
ok so ive used the sgp case on this thing with zagg on the front but i have noticed little hairline scratches on the rear camera which do not effect the photos at all but they worrie me :( can someone please either ease my mind or tell me the bad ... please and thank you
oh and i have tried the screen shield thing but messes with the camera ???? so no way

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
I've dropped my s2 before and had a whole thin crack go down the lens of the camera..remember its not the camera itself but the glass covering it....and I didn't notice any difference in quality in pictures or video and believe mine was probaly a lot worse..I like to take pictures...the whole mind set of believing your camera glass bothered the hell out of me....but I wouldn't worry about or let it bother you too much...as it didn't effect any quality....I hope this helps ease your mind alittle. :)

Reactions: tyshemi

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
yea they arent visible unless i hold it at certain light in the certain spots etc but i see them and i obsess over them! my wife even yells at me but ya know that i havent noticed any pic quality! is anyone doing anything to protect the camera that i dont know???

VonEsch

Dec 31, 2010
Ventura, CA
An more insight people I'm thinking it's normal ehh even though I baby it!!!! :p

I freak on that too. My old Evo and Evo 3D's Otterbox cases had protectors over the cameras. I feel like I have a 5"brick of C4 handling this thing because I'm so worried about scratching it. Luckily I think it's on Ebay where you can buy a while new back with lens cover of you do mess it up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
I freak on that too. My old Evo and Evo 3D's Otterbox cases had protectors over the cameras. I feel like I have a 5"brick of C4 handling this thing because I'm so worried about scratching it. Luckily I think it's on Ebay where you can buy a while new back with lens cover of you do mess it up

If you find the link please share it

tyshemi

May 28, 2011
ANKENY,iowa
so is anyone else freaked out about scratching this camera ?? or screw it lol i dunno what else i need to do to protect ? i mean i know that they are made to be used but i babie this thing and its mint but those to me are like death only visible in certain light but still no effect to pictures that i see

zancro

Jul 19, 2011
Burgheim, TX
Google Pixel 4 XL
Speaking from the perspective of a photographer I can tell you that ANY aberration in the optics of a camera will have a detrimental effect on the quality of the image recorded. As light is refracted through a lens the scattering of the spectrum will cause unexpected and, often, unwanted lighting effects in the finished image. Best of all worlds... keep your lens (and protective outer casing) protected until ready for use, then remove any outer covering from the camera lens before taking photos. Then cover again until the next use.

Happy photo hunting.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've dropped my s2 before and had a whole thin crack go down the lens of the camera..remember its not the camera itself but the glass covering it....and I didn't notice any difference in quality in pictures or video and believe mine was probaly a lot worse..I like to take pictures...the whole mind set of believing your camera glass bothered the hell out of me....but I wouldn't worry about or let it bother you too much...as it didn't effect any quality....I hope this helps ease your mind alittle. :)
    An more insight people I'm thinking it's normal ehh even though I baby it!!!! :p

Speaking from the perspective of a photographer I can tell you that ANY aberration in the optics of a camera will have a detrimental effect on the quality of the image recorded. As light is refracted through a lens the scattering of the spectrum will cause unexpected and, often, unwanted lighting effects in the finished image. Best of all worlds... keep your lens (and protective outer casing) protected until ready for use, then remove any outer covering from the camera lens before taking photos. Then cover again until the next use.

Happy photo hunting.