[Q] My HOS got an FW update today 2012-05-08 (1.78.401.2)

Search This thread

aureleuz

Mar 4, 2011
So, wtf is the point of this damn update? Can I live without it, I guess not.. since we all know that once an update hits the masses there's no stopping...

Oh well, here it goes. :rolleyes:

orenfl

Jan 9, 2011
I cannot see any Hebrew language added after the installation.

Install the morelocal2 from the market (Google play) and choose Hebrew.
That way all your phone will become Hebrew and the new thing is that you'll have the T9 keypad in the phone application showing Hebrew as well.

Samugai

Oct 20, 2010
I'm wondering if I should bring in my phone to get it replaced and see if that would resolve the signal issue, but I'm very doubtful that it will considering how many people are affected.

Sent from the One.

aureleuz

Mar 4, 2011
I'm trying it out as we speak.. so far I'm not experiencing any problems ( but it's late after work and there is no other activity around be here at the office e.g. other devices ). I need to get away from downtown to properly check this...

mattionline

Jan 10, 2012
Yep, got an update too!
Nice, finally the calender widget works fine without force close :D
The device got a new baseband version and an updated kernel.
So far no problems, works smooth and battery life seems to be improved.

Habarug

Feb 23, 2011
Bergen
Had one random reboot while using Chrome today, so I checked if there was an update. I have no idea what this really do, though

gniouki

Apr 11, 2009
Le Chesnay
www.asuspad.fr
I can't update my phone :

One S S-Off, unroot with OTA RootKeeper, Stock recovery restored but when I apply the update, got a green loading bar, but at 1/3 of the progression the bar disapear and a phone with red symbol shows ...

If I do nothing, few minutes later the phone reboot with no update, if I press power and volume+ the stock recovery appear but I none of the options apply the update ...

Thiesen

Aug 8, 2009
I just discovered with GPS Test that my HOS no longer sees as many satelites as it did before the new FW. Did HTC turn off Glonass support maybe??

galileox

Apr 2, 2011
Wifi still gets disconnected when the screen goes off and the phone enters sleep mode.

For example, Whatsapp messages are not received after some minutes when the screen goes off

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Moved To Q&A

Please post questions in the Q&A section​

jaztim

Jun 30, 2010
Edinburgh
Wifi still gets disconnected when the screen goes off and the phone enters sleep mode.

For example, Whatsapp messages are not received after some minutes when the screen goes off

The check box that says best wifi performance needs ticked to stop this happening. Or leave data on and this will activate after the wifi sleeps.

The wifi is actually meant to stay on though if set to not sleep I would think....

romansvillage

Oct 31, 2008
I can't update my phone :

One S S-Off, unroot with OTA RootKeeper, Stock recovery restored but when I apply the update, got a green loading bar, but at 1/3 of the progression the bar disapear and a phone with red symbol shows ...

Same here... S-Off, Stock recovery restored with the All-in-one Toolkit. Trying to apply update -> at about 20% of the progrss bar the red triangle shows. Automatic reboot after like 2 minutes.

EDIT:
The home button brings me to the recovery, saying:
Verifying current system:
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/app/7digital3.0.apk", long hash code, another long hash code)
Status 7
Installation aborted.

I was under the impression that i made a backup before deleting, but can't locate it... Anyone can share the 7digital3.0.apk?
If I am right, I deleted more useless stock installed apks, so there might come up more missing apks...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts